• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the PC version of Dark Souls II? I bought it for PS3 at launch, but haven't got around playing it that much. Should I start over on PS3 or just buy it for PC?

The PC version is the best by far, runs 60fps+ on just about any system and looks great, also there are some mods that are looking good as well.

Kanokare

Man, on CSGO I'm usually like a Guardian II rank, give or take, and my team keep getting rocked. I just want to finish one of those assignments :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
css > cs 1.6 > csgo

Believe it.

I'm a fan of all three, but 1.6 is my pick of the bunch, with GO in tow and Source bringing up the rear. That being said, though, Source is the one I've spent the most time with since Steam began tracking playtime.

Wolfenstein is so good. It's like what you'd imagine fps games becoming in 1998 instead of the shit show we've got now. The plot and cutscenes are remarkably well done. It's like an 80s R movie in game form.

JustLynx

Big thanks to Shadownet hehe :D
8oGy1jA.png

<3

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So there's a vendor on dispenser.tf with copies of Agarest: Generations of War for 2 keys. Which is insanely cheap.

Somebody please buy them before tomorrow and save me from wasting money on an Idea Factory game. Ahhhhhh why do I want it?

Myshkin

Is there a way to check giveaway records?

I think "my loot" only tells you about your giveaways that are still unclaimed.
Stumpo was talking about some idea that, if the game title were recognized, it could be noted what it was currently selling for (or the list price perhaps). I guess it's similar to how games get the chili pepper icon in giveaways right now. If the price is high enough, it's rather unlikely to have ever been in a bundle, or available for real low price.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
real talk time

Why would you go from Green Power Ranger (the GOAT ranger) avatar to a seahorse romulan avatar?

it doesnt even make sense!

Arthea

So there's a vendor on dispenser.tf with copies of Agarest: Generations of War for 2 keys. Which is insanely cheap.

Somebody please buy them before tomorrow and save me from wasting money on an Idea Factory game. Ahhhhhh why do I want it?

I can't help you, bought it day one (second time too!) and I have no regrets.
embrace it!

still need to buy dlcs, though

real talk time

Why would you go from Green Power Ranger (the GOAT ranger) avatar to a seahorse romulan avatar?

it doesnt even make sense!

you know nothing, Rhaknar

Jadax

Everyone always forgets Condition Zero...

I can't remember playing cz much tbh. I think the one matrix map was cz, and I played a lot of sniper/deagle maps with friends (but that might have been 1.6).

But lets face it, cz was quite bad compared to cs 1.6

Source is great and it was my first CS so i love it to death but GO is pretty great.

I've played every cs since cs 1.6, and only put in a lot of time into css. Tried GO beta and knew it was going to be a steaming pile of poo. Someone gave it to me since he wanted me to be in his clan, tried it and hated it.

I guess it's just personal preference.

uwotm8

That list is backwards.

Helllllll no MarcoZ - csgo ruined a lot of what made counter strike special. Made it easier, screwed up gun recoil etc. Didn't like it one bit.

I'm a fan of all three, but 1.6 is my pick of the bunch, with GO in tow and Source bringing up the rear. That being said, though, Source is the one I've spent the most time with since Steam began tracking playtime.

I guess it didn't help that I have very few friends who went from css to csgo. But it's not like I didn't make new friends in csgo (lol) - I just never got used to gun control, and how it was made more 'accessible' for newbs.

BOSS gamers foreva!

Reposting before going to sleep for the night.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-29E024AB8126C080
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-C432E692984FB742 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 9 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-34E303620D0D6C9B - Taken by EdmondD. 4 entrants total.

t1404294334z1.png

tumblr_n3lkz8BvQY1sc1k5uo1_400.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all you guys with not only the same name but the same avatar on gaf and steam...

tumblr_mqc7euG3AA1rucc9wo1_500.gif

plot twist: I have a different avatar on Steam lol

Helllllll no MarcoZ - csgo ruined a lot of what made counter strike special. Made it easier, screwed up gun recoil etc. Didn't like it one bit.
It's more accessible across the board while actually paying attention to community needs and constantly making tweaks. A large patch just came out that made a variety of changes to some underutilized and overutilized weapons as well as rejiggering wallbanging to be more intuitive and less arbitrary.

What is it that made CS special and how did GO ruin that, and in what ways does it make things easier to a fault?

I'm assuming you're talking about me?

and ouch?? dont talk about Saoirse like that :(
We got enough Seahorses Shadownet, you're gonna get lost in the shuffle.

Go green ranger. *flute dagger solo*

JustLynx

Just sharing the love :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_586x192.jpg

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-1B1353EA71E53654 - Taken by pahamrick

t1404297859z1.png

Sajjaja

Yall are amateur Power Rangers. I was so hardcore as a kid, I kicked my sisters friend's tooth out after yelling "POWER RANGERS!"

I was subsequently banned from watching it ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom