• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't think I've ever been stalked forum to forum.

Must be nice being popular
;_:

Easton Dark

1 Friend in common

damn, you werent kidding :/

Can you never post an image of Lady Gaga again pls.

usually I would now post a barrage of lady gaga gifs, but I dont want to start another another waifunami

I didnt even notice it was Gaga, I just googled "you have to stop gif" lol

Shadownet

Banned
tumblr_mimrzyYu9k1rugtvpo1_500.gif

I cant D: so many people still havent received anything and I wanna make everyone happy GAGA!

all you guys with not only the same name but the same avatar on gaf and steam...

tumblr_mqc7euG3AA1rucc9wo1_500.gif

plot twist: I have a different avatar on Steam lol

HA!..i think i'm the only one out here that has his real picture on steam lmao

i don't have a waifu to put on it ;_;

Yakkue

Has anybody else already played through games they acquired during the summer sale?

I won Gomo from a giveaway by KenOD (thanks again!) and bought Year Walk for myself. I loved both games from start to finish, they were very fun in completely different ways.
Almost done with Shovel Knight as well.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
oh, you don't need to play it actually, you can just idle the game
in server browser, look for idle, find a map with achivement_idle in its name, log into that server, press alt+tab, and ur done :p

Buy Operation pass, idle/play matches, get case drops, sell and make your money back (and then some).

can you people stop talking about brownies :( i want some...

Did you ever play TF2? Cases are just like crates you need keys to open them.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Ozium

speaking of CSS, I have a question:

I bought Garry's Mod in the sale cuz I love TF2 and wanted to have some fun w/ that but more importantly I wanted to go online and play things like Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunt and now I am seeing that you have to have CSS in order to play online?

I thought you just needed a Source game? Am I screwed now and have to wait for CSS to on sale again, or are these modes still playable online without CSS?

Halp!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Has anybody else already played through games they acquired during the summer sale?

I won Gomo from a giveaway by KenOD (thanks again!) and bought Year Walk for myself. I loved both games from start to finish, they were very fun in completely different ways.

through? no. Some? yes. Im on the water level in Shovel Knight, got about 2 hours into Divinity and im on chapter 2 of Valiant Hearts

or and in chapter...3? 4? something like that of Battleblock Theatre

I already plowed through State of Decay's main game during the sale. I put it down in favor of playing and finishing other things, but that just resulted in me playing a lot of things for an hour and then moving on :p.

I thought you just needed a Source game? Am I screwed now and have to wait for CSS to on sale again, or are these modes still playable online without CSS?

Halp!

I think the problem is those modes use models from CSS, so just any old source game wont do.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I finished Another World, it was pretty good. It's aged really well, and still holds up.

Yakkue

through? no. Some? yes. Im on the water level in Shovel Knight, got about 2 hours into Divinity and im on chapter 2 of Valiant Hearts

or and in chapter...3? 4? something like that of Battleblock Theatre

How do you like Shovel Knight and Valiant Hearts so far?
I'm kicking myself for not picking up VH, but I have more than enough games in my backlog as is.

I finished Another World, it was pretty good. It's aged really well, and still holds up.
Never heard of that game, looks interesting! How long was it?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, really though, can anyone tell me if Agarest: GoW is actually a decent game or not? I've long disliked Idea Factory, but something about Agarest seems interesting
it's totally not the waifus...totally
. But I'm not sure I want it even at the stupidly cheap price of two keys since my gaming funds for August and September are already spoken for (Akiba's Trip and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate), so July is the last month until autumn that I can buy unplanned-for things.

Rhaknar

How do you like Shovel Knight and Valiant Hearts so far?
I'm kicking myself for not picking up VH, but I have more than enough games in my backlog as is.

both amazing. VH really came out of nowhere, I loved chapter 1, which is aparently the worst o_O

SK is...well, SK

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, really though, can anyone tell me if Agarest: GoW is actually a decent game or not? I've long disliked Idea Factory, but something about Agarest seems interesting
. But I'm not sure I want it even at the stupidly cheap price of two keys since my gaming funds for August and September are already spoken for (Akiba's Trip and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate), so July is the last month until autumn that I can buy unplanned-for things.

Wait, you're getting Akiba's Trip and "it's totally not the waifus"?

hmmmmmmm

Waifu cards are worth it, you can sell both the original game's and Zero's cards for a good return on investment, especially if you're lucky enough to get foils.

Never heard of that game, looks interesting! How long was it?

It took me around two and a half hours but that's because I'm bad at the shooting mechanics and got stuck when I really shouldn't have since the solution was pretty obvious once I found what I needed to find.

It's an older game, but it was innovative for its time. If you enjoy older games, you might like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea shovel knight is pretty fucking amazing

it's going on my goty list easy

i'm just sad i've been told it's kind of short

Ibuki

Banned
speaking of CSS, I have a question:

I bought Garry's Mod in the sale cuz I love TF2 and wanted to have some fun w/ that but more importantly I wanted to go online and play things like Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunt and now I am seeing that you have to have CSS in order to play online?

Halp!

All the assets (well most) for TTT are from CSS so yes you need it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wait, you're getting Akiba's Trip and "it's totally not the waifus"?

hmmmmmmm

Waifu cards are worth it, you can sell both the original game's and Zero's cards for a good return on investment, especially if you're lucky enough to get foils.

I'm lying. It's probably the waifus.

Toki767

yea shovel knight is pretty fucking amazing

it's going on my goty list easy

i'm just sad i've been told it's kind of short

Well it's about as long as a Mega Man game is. With the added bonus of a New Game+.

Also there are going to be free updates in the future with more features.

I still haven't even played Speedrunners yet since I bought it. I thought some friends were going to jump on the deal and somehow not one of them managed to buy the game! :lol If you guys every play send an invite this way. I am without internet til the 7th though which fucking sucks.

Caerith

I've played Agarest Zero, which I've heard is better than GoW. If your tag is sincere, I am sure you'd enjoy it.

Replaying Doom 2 in the first time in who knows how many years makes me realize just how much they fucked up with Doom 3. It makes me sad.
Git on over to the Doom community thread, dang it! I'm always glad when GAFfers play through these games, they're just too good.

Finally burned through SiN Gold (my purchase from GOG's sale) and Long Live The Queen after I saw the developer sale on it.

The former is just like I remember it - loud, gory and unapologetically goofy but fun.
Seeing as it's the Rise of the Triad of its time, I'm not surprised it's held up well. The game really does deserve more recognition, and it helps that it's a solid shooter from an age since forsaken.

you are completely unselling me on the game first with the smash bros comparisons and now this. I thought it was a side scroller, not unlike a metroid, castlevania, bloodrayne (the 2d one), volgarr, etc etc
This new title didn't interest me as much until I heard about the versus mode. Procedurally generated Metroidvanias are the new, stupid craze in indie gaming, but letting players muck around with solid fighting mechanics sounds fun. ACE Team's done really interesting stuff ever since they made WADs and mods back in their Doom days (anyone who likes Zeno Clash should try and play ZanZan, which is a really wacked-out, story-driven Doom episode), so I'll try and support them.

If anyone's going on a gifting spree, the only game I beseech of thee would be Shadow Warrior. I want to get it based on DocSeuss' recommendation.

Skyzard

Banned
Came back home yesterday ready to play some games after a long day.

No monitor output. Water leak from cpu cooling pump, onto the 780ti. Attempted to look closer...exploded everywhere.

All the shit is in a rice bag now -_-

Phinor

Some keys are old (remember when THQ was around?) but everything should work. Aerena should be founder's pack.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-4731A6C6543035F7 - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
DEFCON -- MB-4E608B8B1C26570D - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-A8084F21A6BC4BAA
Darwinia -- MB-49879A108CF639FC - Taken by Dambrosi. 4 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-9EDF1D7F2B6B6FDB
Nightsky -- MB-C18C410747534FC4 - Taken by Yrael. 3 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-932B5200209EF696 - Taken by xninjav. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-67A88C061ED459E6 - Taken by nightstorm. 5 entrants total.
Warlock -- MB-868E2D4F2A7215A8 - Taken by stOex. 2 entrants total.
Uplink -- MB-4E50EFA8A1BC9C8D
Cargo Commander -- MB-976BECF0B4E3929C - Taken by oipic. 5 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-7DCF944EF92C37A5 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 5 entrants total.
Fractal -- MB-FDC94B0A2E5D34E7 - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
Titan Quest -- MB-DF82486A541BED88 - Taken by wagamer. 2 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-82936F5B89D89F0F - Taken by Sabas. 3 entrants total.
Multiwinia -- MB-AFB2F40E06135FB5 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Depths of Peril -- MB-8E9BFED3E7F90923
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-D83460608F78E950 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 2 entrants total.
Monday Night Combat -- MB-F71E69557E5F4AEC - Taken by Eanan. 1 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-E6C871DBEAE6EE44 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Aerena -- MB-3B0A30988C218C35 - Taken by cicero. 1 entrants total.
Sideway New York -- MB-43F19F57B11B87C6 - Taken by pahamrick. 2 entrants total.
Dawn of War GOTY -- MB-F39FE048D7C68B60 - Taken by Scrum. 1 entrants total.
McPixel -- MB-1E9951A69A02498B - Taken by someguyinahat. 4 entrants total.
Spec Ops -- MB-2FDF476CA55445EA - Taken by Ventara. 5 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-D97697F7781EAEB2 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious. 3 entrants total.

t1404289115z1.png

Arthea

sorry, I can't say it's a good game, but it's certainly not the worst game ever or even bad. If you'll like all waifus generations aspect of it, you might even like it. It's not an easy game, though, not a short one and grindy, as most of the genre is. I really don't see why would you skip it for the price like that, seriously.

I've played Agarest Zero, which I've heard is better than GoW. If your tag is sincere, I am sure you'd enjoy it.

I'm even not sure gameplay can be dismissed as simply bad. Is it not very good? yea
bad? not really
Then again, people have different understanding of what's bad and good, especially gameplay related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom