• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
TUVc6pH.jpg

Ah ok, the game has a target FPS option :)

I'm sorry but then I have really no clue... When have you cleaned your laptop the last time?

pahamrick

Alright, since I can't seem to sleep and I'm not really able to focus on a game I decided to do something I've been meaning to do and get my library all sorted in grid view mode completely, instead of flipping back and forth between it and detail mode.
I've got a handful of custom images I've liked, and a few I'm still flipping back and forth on. The question I have for any Gaffers who are currently bored, if they have any must have recommended grid view images (preferably with text, because the textless thing isn't for me) for some of the games?

The image is here, and be warned it's pretty big. Roughly 10 megabytes 1920x15612. Any grid image recommendations would be appreciated!

BadRamen

Gunpoint, finished! For a game about punching and rewiring electronics, it is indeed rather calming with that smooth sultry noir-flavored soundtrack.

Man, completing games. What is wrong with me?

Athleon

Exams finally over! Now I can finally delve into my backlog without remorse. Although tomorrow is my birthday, so I'll probably grab my pals, buy them some beer and have a good time.

But come Friday, it's time to (gasp!) play some games!

cicero

When I was a small child I ate some quiche at a little buffet thing for a family event, thinking it was pizza. I was so upset that I haven't eaten quiche since.

I had a very similar experience except that I was under the impression that it was some kind of delicious custard pie. So when I took a bite, my mouth and then mind revolted, my stomach heaved, and I heard the laughter of the adults who informed it was not custard pie. Apparently I had been tricked into liking foods before and someone thought that preemptive approach would work again. LIAR!@#

Jadax

Maybe max number of prerendered frames? Which would be a terrible idea.

€: Or not. What does "Every VBlank" even mean?

I have no idea what VBlank is :(

Ah ok, the game has a target FPS option :)

I'm sorry but then I have really no clue... When have you cleaned your laptop the last time?

Cleaned as in: open it up? Or run a system cleaner?

Opened up: never. used an air can on it a few times, quite a few months ago.
System cleaner: run SlimCleaner every month.

JustLynx

Last reminder!
Good luck!

Just sharing the love :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_586x192.jpg

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-1B1353EA71E53654 - Taken by pahamrick. 17 entrants total.

t1404297859z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Few has the slowest card drop rate ever

Copons

Friends don't let friends use 100ppp.

I dunno, I've the live thread extension always active, so for me is more like 20000ppp.
Sooner or later my laptop will heat up so much that it will implode in itself teleporting to some other dimension and leaving an eerie black hole on my office desk.

Poetic

Steam won't let me add funds to wallet. Really weird. And support is so backed up it's taking forever for a response.

TsuXna

Need advice please,
So i've found a gaming mouse Bloody R8, looks nice and feels nice too, but the only problem it drivers doesn't support mac, so i won't be able to configure mouse in different ways.
Is it fine just to get it and not configure and use it as it is ?
P.S can't find any other mouse :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, called the bank, and what initially was "1 week" for my card to arrive now its "5-10 business days" so, really, its 2 weeks

fuck banks. going to bed bai

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I have no idea what VBlank is :(

Cleaned as in: open it up? Or run a system cleaner?

Opened up: never. used an air can on it a few times, quite a few months ago.
System cleaner: run SlimCleaner every month.

Yeah, I meant opened up :)

You should check if it's a heat problem that causes the laptop to turn off, do you have problems with any other games? Cause if not It's probably something else

maneil99

Need advice please,
So i've found a gaming mouse Bloody R8, looks nice and feels nice too, but the only problem it drivers doesn't support mac, so i won't be able to configure mouse in different ways.
Is it fine just to get it and not configure and use it as it is ?
P.S can't find any other mouse :(
If it has HW based profiles you can configure it on a Windows PC then use it on a mac

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I swear I'm going to 1CC Novice mode in Crimzon Clover. Can already get through the first two stages with no lives lost, but stage three is a bastard. I think I'm getting it down, though. I figure if I can get to stage five with at least six lives to burn I should be okay. Hopefully.

I love this game so, so much.

TsuXna

Gluck
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
serioussam3.jpg

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-69D962FF122C9FD1 - Taken by wagamer
Serious Sam 3 #3 -- MB-09CA6DDEB56BF683
Serious Sam 3 #2 -- MB-BAD803173A0EB8D3 - Taken by tioslash

t1404297945z1.png

Chariot

Sorry, that I post it again, but I really want do the participant's work justice.

1. Accoun
“I Used To Be A Red Pantygirl Like You, Then I Took Evangelion To The Brain”

In the game we play as a mentally unstable 20 year old female NEET. In the first chapters, we meet her, see how she transforms from a fairly casual ecchi/moe fan to hardcore otaku after discovering NGE. How she gains her love for mechs, guns etc. Gameplay-wise it's more of a visual novel/adventure – interaction with people and surroundings. The deeper into the story, the more her mental unstability shows off – not unlike Eternal Darkness or Silent Hill: The Room she starts to see and hear things that aren't there: strange people outside the window, suspicious noises that don't really happen, changing dialogue lines and things like that.

This is where the game starts giving more freedom and becomes more of a stealth/action game. The MC starts getting more and more paranoid, eventually resulting in murder of a local thug. One murder leads to another, she gains access to actual weapons and even takes control of a local gang and in result – of the neighbourhood.
Still, the “visions” continue.

The game adds more management elements – not only we have our character, but we control the whole gang. We need to capture smaller businesses like stores etc. to make sure we have resources like money, food, weapons and other. We need to capture other gangs' territories and defend ours (either by ourselves or by sending out squads under our control).We try to take control of civillians and police. We need to make sure we don't get killed – both in action or by trickery (traps, assassins etc.). And we need to make sure we won't let our unstabilty take over us – we don't want to kill our people for things we heard them say but which were only our imagination.
The more we control, the more the more government test interested in us, including assigning self-defense forces to crush us.

The game ends when we gain control of the whole city. However, there is some endgame content – we can try to defend ourselves from every attack and slowly build a mech that would give us firepower to take over the whole country...

wzooo43.jpg

2. kiru

3. alr1ght

Other entrys:
WinterDemons

_hekk05
Derrick gets sick and tired of NeoGaf hype, what with Ubi downgrades and GearBox bullshots. He decides to set out to challenge the hype threads.

Game plays like danganronpa, in which he picks out the lies of astroturfers and the wrong information that fanboys spout.

At the end, he cleans up the hype threads and get everyone to see the truth. However, users complain and some mod bans him in the name of preserving a conducive environment to discuss upcoming games, whatever that means. NeoGaf lives happily ever after.

OR DO WE? CHIPMUNK TURN AROUND DRAMATIC MUSIC .WEBM
Cue cutscene where dozens of astroturfers begin to post in NeoGaf again, quite possibly the most blatant sequel-bait end-of-game cutscene yet.

njerzc.png

astrogamer:
Dawn of The Sisters: The Game

The game is a cel-shaded third person co-op shooter starring the two adorable buddy cops, Suki & Yuki. The two of them start off really hating each other. The both of them get involved in ludicrous crimes going on raids and taking down various crimelords. As they work together longer, they overcome their differences and work together to become "sisters". There are surprising twists along the way. There is a parkour system and boob physics. Make of that of what you will. It's a game of trust, justice and boobs.

PJS.png

TsuXna

For the new page.
Gluck
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
serioussam3.jpg

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-69D962FF122C9FD1 - Taken by wagamer. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3 #3 -- MB-09CA6DDEB56BF683 - Taken by Dice. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3 #2 -- MB-BAD803173A0EB8D3 - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.

t1404297945z1.png

trolho

Neo Member
The one and only time I played traditional CS:GO online, there were a few matches where all my teammates went and got themselves killed and meanwhile I capped like 3 guys and they kicked me before I could try for the other two because I guess they didn't like that they fucking sucked and just wanted to hurry up and run to their doom again. I didn't appreciate people voting me out while I was doing a better job than them, and I haven't played traditional mode since. This cooldown sounds like a decent way to lower the douchebag factor of the community without needing to find a clan.

Were you playing casual or competitive? That shit happens to me a lot on casual. Just yesterday everyone was kicking each other just to finish the game faster to get drops. lol

EDIT: Just figured out that by traditional you meant competitive. Anyway, that used to happen to me on lower ranks like silver. The matchmaking always set me up with trolls. The best way to have fun with this game is going on a lobby with 3-4 friends. Having a clan is just to serious, imo.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Were you playing casual or competitive? That shit happens to me a lot on casual. Just yesterday everyone was kicking each other just to finish the game faster to get drops. lol
It was casual (traditional as opposed to arms race where I got a feel for the handling), but that is still bullshit. Why would I want to start CS by playing the mode other people have been at 10 years? Even if it isn't with seasoned pros, people end up taking shit waaaaay too seriously. I am a casual, so I should play casual, but quitters are just total gameshitters of a different breed from the prideful hypercompetitive dickheads. I play BF4 now because teams are so large nobody blames you for shit.

The best way to have fun with this game is going on a lobby with 3-4 friends. Having a clan is just to serious, imo.
That's cool if you have friends who play games and at the same times as you.

Yakkue

Was this already posted?

New groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundle

1$ Tier
Revenge of the Titans
White Noise Online
Shiny the Firefly

2$ Tier
Nicolas Eymerich - the Inquisitor - Book 1: The Plague
Night Shift
Blackstar Act One (ebook)

Edit:
As well as
New Bundlebandits bundle (don't know the site, are they legit?)

For at least 2$:
Grimind (Steam)
Sweet Lily Dreams (Steam)
Aztaka (Steam)
Naval Warfare (Steam)
Legionwood 2 (Platform: Developer's website)
The Lost Island (Desura)
Nexus Sea (Desura)
Onager (Desura)

trolho

Neo Member
It was casual (traditional as opposed to arms race where I got a feel for the handling), but that is still bullshit. Why would I want to start CS by playing the mode other people have been at 10 years? Even if it isn't with seasoned pros, people end up taking shit waaaaay too seriously. I am a casual, so I should play casual, but quitters are just total gameshitters of a different breed from the prideful hypercompetitive dickheads. I play BF4 now because teams are so large nobody blames you for shit.

I see what you mean. I'm casual as well and had to play competitive because casual is just too annoying. Really, the fun in this is playing competitive with a bunch of friends on your team. And you don't really need to be an hardcore gamer to play competitive.

Personally I tried BF3, but I had no clue what I was doing in that huge map, so I've never gotten to like it.

That's cool if you have friends who play games and at the same times as you.

Yeah, that's why I probably never played much of the other online shooters. All my friends are in CS.

liezryou

Fuck me this is too hard, i really shoulda kept a notebook of my trades somewhere. I am trying to tabulate my trades from 9 pages of steam inventory history (including paypal bought keys), gift history, and trade offer history. Yeah I'm on the second page and i am already lost >.>.

Tektonic

so is there a website or a webapp, or a program that can build a library of all my games (steam/gog/desura) maybe by using my login to those 3, and having them all together in one easy to read list? or is this the holy grail? (note: i don't want to do this manually if i dont have to)

wagamer

so is there a website or a webapp, or a program that can build a library of all my games (steam/gog/desura) maybe by using my login to those 3, and having them all together in one easy to read list? or is this the holy grail? (note: i don't want to do this manually if i dont have to)

That would be useful, add maybe Origin, Uplay, the GameStop app, what else... :p For me, excel is probably the only real solution.

Tektonic

That would be useful, add maybe Origin, Uplay, the GameStop app, what else... :p For me, excel is probably the only real solution.

hmm. to kickstarter! ;) wondering why nobody has done this yet, there are some tools for desura etc, but most sites have a website collection.. just need to scrape the html, and build it into a list...maybe a project for a cold winters night :)

Li Kao

Uguu, fuck the Dark series so much !

I know I could take flake for that so let me explain. Before plunging in Original Sin I decided it was ample time I finished Dark Souls 1. A game I am at the end of and hadn't played for some weeks. And the same thing happened with Demon's Souls. And I love these two games. So what ?
Well, I think that the series walks a fine line between unforgiving but fair and bullshit, and 99% of the time it wonderfully keeps on the good side. But everyone is different and has its personal threshold, and for me each end game is so much bullshit.
I killed the fucking knight (let's not spoil). The fight was really difficult and asked of the player to perfectly know the move set of the guy. Ok.
And now I'm banging my head at the wall that is the boss of the abyss / Oolacile. Fuck this so much. I even tried solo-coop for the first time but that don't do me much good except a much needed breathing space.
So I will have to try this fight a dozen time before knowing each fucking move of the enemy. And then there will be a flying calamity (see what I did there) and the proper game boss.
So much banging at a concrete wall.

I truly love the series, but when it crosses my personal line it becomes an exercise in pure frustration. I guess I have the option to cheat my way through this boss but he is no Old King Allant with its bullshit level drain, I'm not really ready to cheese him.

Tektonic

:)
I am giving away 6 keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-71AAEEB54E155C1C - Taken by danhese007
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-D81F884C4B0C5273 - Taken by bacon-bits. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-41B3D17FF45FA186 - Taken by Gangxxter. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 (Origin) -- MB-9B653B84A9EEA90D - Taken by Arren. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-9B653B84A9EEA90D - Taken by Arren. 4 entrants total.
Sang Froid (Steam) -- MB-C49CCBE2FDE3D731 - Taken by Bacardi151. 1 entrants total.

t1404300403z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom