• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsylumX

Between TI4 and the World Cup I haven't been here in days. Did something big happened?Aside from plowing through a thread in less than 2 weeks...

Dingotech

Congrats to the winners in the fuzzification giveaway!

I'm surprised some of them only had like 10 entries each when the giveaway allowed for multiple entries. Still didn't win though! XD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
missed Volgarr too? Work is fucking me over something fierce tonight, stupid summer

Completed episode 5 of The Wolf Among Us which was also the first Telltale game I've bought at launch and played through. I'm a passing fan of Fables and really enjoyed Telltale's take on the series, thought they did a pretty good job of realising that world, its characters and making an interesting story out of it. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us considering the gameplay is mostly quick time events and timed dialogue decisions, it's pretty far removed from the adventure game genre in a lot of ways and almost wholly relies on the strength of its narrative. If you don't like the story there's not a really anything else to it.

I don't know if I'll bother to replay the game to experience the other decisions or to make a save file with the "right" decisions for season 2. I also don't know if I'll bother to buy the next Telltale game at launch. I don't really know if it was worth paying a premium for the game at launch when they discount the season pretty heavily by the time episode 5 is released. I got to play the episodes sooner, when they actually started putting them out at a decent pace, but it would probably be a better experience to be able to simply sit down and play through all of the episodes back to back. It wasn't a particularly long game after all.

It was worth playing through, I just don't know if it was worth buying at launch.

Ozium

I just won JaceC's entire steam library on Modbot

Finally I can play the Turkish Ghostbusters game

wat

edit: how does the first come, first serve rule work? I entered for some games, didn't win.. then saw that all that OJ was available, and tried for one, and it says 2 entrants total...

I dont get it

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Congrats to the winners in the fuzzification giveaway!

I'm surprised some of them only had like 10 entries each when the giveaway allowed for multiple entries. Still didn't win though! XD

Yeah, I can't believe how few entrants there were, even when it's a free-for-all. Shadow of Mordor only had 13 and Bioshock Infinite only had 5.

And I still managed to not win. :p

I didn't win fuzz's giveaway but thats okay. Cause Nbnt just decided to give me Divinity o-o Welps, I ain't arguing with that! Its getting pretty late SteamGAF, I'll see you guys tomorrow(or later on in the day since its already 12:41am :p )

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I lost again on games I wanted
tumblr_mz4wsxiiRC1spaqpio1_500.gif

Turfster

I didn't win fuzz's giveaway but thats okay. Cause Nbnt just decided to give me Divinity o-o Welps, I ain't arguing with that! Its getting pretty late SteamGAF, I'll see you guys tomorrow(or later on in the day since its already 12:41am :p )

Psh, it's 6:42 am and do you hear me complaining? =p

iosefe

sounds like you're set. no more giveaways for you

Woah, got Speedrunners from fuzzy's contest. Looks fun.

Usually regret it but this time it payed off to stay awake till 7am in the morning!
Gotta go sleep now, night/morning guys.

Speevy

Banned
Volgarr the Viking is like something straight out of a Sega Genesis game, and not in a wink wink self-aware way. I suck at it, but I like it.

Dingotech

I chucked Volgarr on my wishlist after it got hyped up a few sales ago, but I haven't seen it get to a price where I want to impulse buy it yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heres a annoying little tidbit about hotels. fucking people on check out going "oh its paid already" and storming off instead of waiting the 5 seconds it takes me to check their room number and shit... like im sure it is buddy but I gotta check first, I cant exactly take your word for it

I guess thats not a problem in big hotels where everything is pre paid, but damn its annoying (to be fair while most of our stuff is also pre-paid, quite a bit of it isnt)

Lain

We can rag on everyone that doesn't have Volgarr guys. Let's not limit it to just one person.

It'd be just a +1 to me. It's on my Steam wishlist just because everyone hyped it a lot, but my interest for it is so low I didn't even enter for it in Speevy's giveaway.

Turfster

I guess thats not a problem in big hotels where everything is pre paid, but damn its annoying (to be fair while most of our stuff is also pre-paid, quite a bit of it isnt)

Attack dogs at the entrance that growl at everyone you don't nod through.
You're welcome.
(But yeah, people like that are dicks. Being polite and waiting 5 seconds doesn't cost anything, after all.)

Speevy

Banned
If you're wondering whether you should buy Volgarr, do you remember those games in which you could die for even pressing one button the wrong way?

So it's like you're walking around, attacking everything but everything is attacking you just as fast. It's like you can't take a step without being a second away from death.

Think Ghosts and Goblins.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
is it 2 player only?

imma be alone then?

also i'm totally bummed that i thought abbie ody was being released this week

Hey I can make time to play with you zkylon. *Wink*

You're butt will be destroyed on VS as soon as the online gets implemented. XOXO

Rhaknar

that M&M promotion (if you can get it to work) is fucking ridiculous. Man I want free money in europe also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom