• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

shame they couldn't voice it too. i've taken to having Ava voice by Jen Taylor in my head. still thinking about what to voice the player character as

*edit*, just hit the battle screen. so there is a voice

Yeah, and the music is great too! The voices are good for the budget though.

Made a "10 reasons why you should play Tales of Maj Eyal thread", which I grabbed during the last summer sale. The thread also doubles as a recommendation pool for traditional Roguelikes and why a certain Roguelike might be your favourite one in the genre. I'd love to read more elaborate suggestions for other Roguelikes, but if you havent played ToME yet, I really recommend doing so. I sank about 50-60 hours into it since the Steam sale, and no end in sight:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853003

Thread might be a dud going by initial reception, but I'd love more people checking out the game. Utterly fantastic.

Oh and the standard version of the game is FREE.

I really love this game. well over 500 hrs in and I just got it in I think dec from a modbot giveaway. (a few overnights left on). fun game, tons of replayabilty due to different race/class combos. fun game.

Ventara

So I won Kentucky Route Zero from speevy (thanks!), but I see there are only 3 episodes out of 5 released so far. How much of a cliffhanger does chapter 3 end on? Am I better off waiting to play it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I won Kentucky Route Zero from speevy (thanks!), but I see there are only 3 episodes out of 5 released so far. How much of a cliffhanger does chapter 3 end on? Am I better off waiting to play it?

from my experience with eps 1 and 2, they have little to do with each other, the whole experience is very surreal

Got my first ever foil card on Steam (for KoF 13). What do people usually do with them? Sell right away?

sell right away. I've had a foil for Epic Battle Fantasy 4 sitting on the market for weeks as the lowest priced and no movement, so you just have to leave it there and hope some sucker comes along. good luck. my other foils, I think 3 or 4 total have sold within the day.

Got Q-Bert and Fortix 2 thanks to another successful M&Ms pull.

Q-Bert is fun for what it is, but i really fucking want controller support.
Fortix 2 is a cool Qix clone, totally worth the 2 bucks.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
sell right away. I've had a foil for Epic Battle Fantasy 4 sitting on the market for weeks as the lowest priced and no movement, so you just have to leave it there and hope some sucker comes along. good luck. my other foils, I think 3 or 4 total have sold within the day.

it's always nice when somebody undercuts you by 150%
ia3nsRd.png

I remember selling a BOI Foil for $25. Those were the days.

Speevy

Banned
Got Q-Bert and Fortix 2 thanks to another successful M&Ms pull.

Q-Bert is fun for what it is, but i really fucking want controller support.
Fortix 2 is a cool Qix clone, totally worth the 2 bucks.

I still can't seem to add that damn card to anything. I don't want to screw up my paypal account, and it only takes money from my bank account.

Unless you're a crazy badge crafter person sell that right away!

sell it 0.01 cheaper than the cheapest :p

Put it on the market and wait for someone to undercut you.

Then come into this thread and complain about it.

Thanks guys, just listed it!

Streaming games could be cool. Speedrunners, Abyss Odyssey and other shit that would be cool on portables while taking a shit or eating on the kitchen would be nice. LOL

you literally just said that portable gaming sucks tho. :mad: I wish every game was on the vita. the world would be a better place, lol. Can't wait for Abyss Odyssey

SSPssp

I still can't seem to add that damn card to anything. I don't want to screw up my paypal account, and it only takes money from my bank account.

Some scammers may have guessed the card numbers then. I think someone stated before that you can get another card from M&M support. I don't know if that works though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
you literally just said that portable gaming sucks tho. :mad: I wish every game was on the vita. the world would be a better place, lol. Can't wait for Abyss Odyssey

I play portable gaming in short bursts. Cant be playing for tons of hours like some people do then again if I continue the way I'm going with my eyesight I might not be playing games in 5-10 years.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty much this. Selling foils is very much a YMMV sort of thing, where you could sell it within an hour or it might take weeks to months to get rid of it, even if your card is the lowest price.

Streaming games could be cool. Speedrunners, Abyss Odyssey and other shit that would be cool on portables while taking a shit or eating on the kitchen would be nice. LOL

You're really pushing Abyss Odyssey that much, huh? >_>

But yeah, when most of my PC gaming time recently has been devoted to indies, small publisher games, and older classics, something like that would be great.

ia3nsRd.png

To be fair, if that's a foil card, nearly $20 is a tad ridiculous*.

*unless it's a waifu card.

ia3nsRd.png

I remember selling a BOI Foil for $25. Those were the days.

well that is demoralizing. I just go by the lowest price and either match it or lower it by a cent. that.....is screwing everyone for a lousy 3 bucks. Is that a current sale? what is the highest buy order on that?

i'm facing serious problem with COH 2. i tried 4 times downloading the game from steam, but it failed. Somehow downloading got reset at 95% and it start downloading from beginning. this is so frustrating.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Steam Vita App > 3DS Vita App.
Playing anything on that low-res screen and horrible controls and poor ergonomics. cry

I know I'm in the minority here, but the OG 3DS>>>>>>3DS XL. I don't have big meaty claws like some people.

Screens look way nicer on the OG too, it's not blurry and stretched.

Might as well Valve do their own portable device. Makes more sense than the Steambox to me.

I wish that obviously fake SteamBoy announcement was real. I really do.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've come up with a strategy for gaming buy orders.

If you're looking for an item where the selling price is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH higher than the buy order price, place your buy order above the other buy orders. No one is going to seriously sell their item far below the going rate, so you'll never fill the order for the price you put down; on the other hand, people do occasionally accidentally or intentionally list the items for the bare minimum. If that happens, it'll fill the highest buy order with the seller's price, even though that price is well below the buy order.

I bid 15 cents for a rare emote and got it for 3 cents because my buy order was well above the people offering 5 cents but well below the asking price of the existing sellers.

Risk: Obviously if the sell price converges with the buy orders, you'll have to pay more. Monitor your buy orders to ensure this doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom