• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantar

Neo Member
it's always nice when somebody undercuts you by 150%
ia3nsRd.png

I remember selling a BOI Foil for $25. Those were the days.

Buy it and flip it :p*

*I take no responsibility if it doesn't flip ^^

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Since when can developers leave comments and do reviews for their own games on the Steam Store pages? I don't mind it as it clearly marks them as developers, I just find it a bit strange since so many other digital platforms don't allow it.

We wrapped up dev on Claire and launched it on Monday. It has a 15% discount until the 14th. But, gonna go ahead and give away three keys. May give out more later as well. The reviews we've gotten seem to be positive so far. Interested to see what more of GAF thinks. We had Toma doing testing along with Christian (More Badass). He's also writing up a review I think.

Congrats on your release and best of luck on it. I look forward to playing it myself hopefully soon and testing out that hardest mode just to see just how much the main character can be scared on that hardest difficulty.

I know I'm in the minority here, but the OG 3DS>>>>>>3DS XL

I'm of the same mind, though I did have to use the Nyko Power Pak+ for better battery life and just enough to feel more comfortable due to it's curve. Wonderful purchase that.

Anyone here actually plays RE6 mercenaries? Or even campaign. I need a partner.

I still play Mercenaries, but not the campaign. Though I should beat the game on No Hope sometime (already did it on the PS3 version but not on PC--or at least, I only did it with Leon).

Silent Hill: Otherside of Life if pretty good for Left 4 Dead 2 campaigns.

If you're a horror game nut like me, two campaigns you need to try:

Left 4 Dead 2 Silent Hill 1 Campaign:
Literally it is a recreation of the whole Silent Hill 1 game in Left 4 Dead 2, from start to finish. It has some very dark segments, and can be a toughie, but very fun, and some great atmosphere, especially if you have the sound pack, which the mirror link is down so I don't have on hand right now. OTL

Left 4 Dead 2: Resident Evil Outbreak File 1 Campaign
index.php
index.php

A recreation from all five scenarios from Resident Evil Outbreak File 1. A warning, this map is rather challenging though.

Otherside of Life is good, though part 2 is waaay too long. Had to play on normal or advanced to beat it.

The SH1 campaign was nice, though I still haven't beat it. Was pretty long too (like 11 parts or something like that).

And I wanted to like the Outbreak campaign, but it has some badly designed stuff like the fact that you can barricate a passage while other players are on the other side, and if you do so they won't be able to go through. And you won't be able to beat the map. This was in the first few minutes of the campaign--never played past that.

Yama looks perfect for me. Thanks for making me notice!

Yep, Yama is pretty nice. Some of the later locations reminded me of Siren or Fatal Frame.

Vandiger

nt
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vandiger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-8590F7764BED62D8 - Taken by zeroOman

wilflare

I know I'm in the minority here, but the OG 3DS>>>>>>3DS XL. I don't have big meaty claws like some people.

Screens look way nicer on the OG too, it's not blurry and stretched.

I wish that obviously fake SteamBoy announcement was real. I really do.

don't worry. I'm actually inclined to agree. the 3DS is smaller but at least the screens look much much better.

still doesn't help w the controls/buttons and poor ergonomics though.

Since when can developers leave comments and do reviews for their own games on the Steam Store pages? I don't mind it as it clearly marks them as developers, I just find it a bit strange since so many other digital platforms don't allow it.

Congrats on your release and best of luck on it. I look forward to playing it myself hopefully soon and testing out that hardest mode just to see just how much the main character can be scared on that hardest difficulty.

I'm of the same mind, though I did have to use the Nyko Power Pak+ for better battery life and just enough to feel more comfortable due to it's curve. Wonderful purchase that.

I would love double helix team to come comment on my Strider review.
And while we're at it, Starbreeze can come at me for my Brothers review too.

Speevy

Banned
Stacking is kind of freaking me out.

It's been running this whole time in the background, giving me cards. I have no idea when I opened it.

NotSelf

Just finished playing Claire the visuals are nice there's lots of little details to look at the atmosphere is definitely horror but it doesn't scare me it just looks pretty the music is lacking in my opinion. So far i'm not immersed in the game but I will continue playing and hopefully the story will pull me in.

Also the game crashed after I finished saving.

Is Volgarr the Viking a well liked game? I was thinking of doing a giveaway for it.

I would say so.
Most people rave about it after playing it. It's a bit stiff and stuff but in a retro way that makes sense. Level 2 is a bit of a pain in the ass. I got stuck there and haven't gone back in awhile.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Defiance going F2P on Steam, supposedly it launched on June 4th but there still isn't a download button on the page, and people in the community forums are in varying states of losing their shit, and no one seems to know whats going on, it seems really weird.

Grief.exe

Does anyone know what the deal is with Defiance going F2P on Steam, supposedly it launched on June 4th but there still isn't a download button on the page, and people in the community forums are in varying states of losing their shit, and no one seems to know whats going on, it seems really weird.

Sounds like a disaster.

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Volgarr the Viking -- MB-5D505781E039D79F - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 22 entrants total.

t1405053219z1.png

Have fun!

Can't win Divinity...can't buy it off of Dunder cuz of no open slots. =[

Maybe I'll have better luck after this weekend when I build my first gaming rig.

kurahador

Could be the same case with Aura Kingdom----they're still trying to integrate the game with steam wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom