• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Volgarr the Viking is like something straight out of a Sega Genesis game, and not in a wink wink self-aware way. I suck at it, but I like it.

Aye, very much out of a SEGA Mega Drive game. Rastan Saga II to be specific. Though I find this to be a much better game.

For those just getting into the game, feel free to visit the thread we had for it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665461
Some tips in there.

So did everyone who didn't win it!

I may be locked out of buying anything on Steam, but I had just enough in PayPal to use Humble. So one more chance.

Sure, feel free to rag on me.
I don't want the game.
It does nothing at all for me.
What do you think of that, huh?

Oh, guess I'll just block you for this giveaway then.
Everyone else, good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
You be Mack, I'll be James Jefferson. AA and Sting will never know what hit them.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Volgarr The Viking -- MB-53B37B8030099F71 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 36 entrants total.

t1405066482z1.png

hitmon

Pretty sure it's somewhere in the settings menu.
(I'd check, but the gaming PC is turned off already)

Crap you are right, I just had to click on the customize control option.... I thought that was just the title for the menu. I need some sleep..

The commands are simplified but the game is still a sidescroller beat em up.

There is a BONUS Vs Mode. I repeat BONUS but it seems it will be as popular as the story mode maybe more if people get into it.

As for my horns and lack of wings I simply wanted to be a unique snowflake.

As I've said before, the game seemingly has combos and cancels (and maybe more) so I'm already thinking it's got a better core "fighting" engine than any Smash I've played. :)

iosefe

Aye, very much out of a SEGA Mega Drive game. Rastan Saga II to be specific. Though I find this to be a much better game.

For those just getting into the game, feel free to visit the thread we had for it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665461
Some tips in there.

I may be locked out of buying anything on Steam, but I had just enough in PayPal to use Humble. So one more chance.

it's an Adult Swim Games game? well i'll be

Shadownet

Banned
Pretty sure it's somewhere in the settings menu.
(I'd check, but the gaming PC is turned off already)

Here you go

damn thats really nice of Fuzz! but cereal though GAF. you're getting me too hype for Alien Isolation.

I met up with my best friend tonight and hes a BIG Alien fan. He wouldnt stop talking about the game either.

is it going to be like Dead Space meet Outlast kind of horror survival?

In space, surrounded by aliens, but with little or no way to defend yourself, must resort to hiding most of the time.

Turfster

No big, I really meant it. ;)
Volgarr hails back to an era of gaming that totally passed me by.
Plus I'm too old for that kind of game now, motorically.

In space, surrounded by aliens, but with little or no way to defend yourself, must resort to hiding most of the time.

Pretty sure it's going to be just the one alien, like it should be.

Ozium

I really hope that part about only starting with a single character is easily bypassed. I stand by my statement that I will not be playing as anyone other than Ghost Monk. :p

Also, these comparisons to Smash are really putting me off...

Ivemadeahugemistake.gif

stop hating smash brothers and embrace the fun!

edit: the only way it is smash like is you have a direction plus a button for each attack, w/ a normal move button and a special move button... it's a platforming brawler after all and they didnt want you to have to input SRK's every time four-five enemies are after you

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-1E6052806F4DFCE9 - Taken by maneil99. 16 entrants total.
Psychotic Shooting Monkeys.

t1405057300z1.png

damn thats really nice of Fuzz! but cereal though GAF. you're getting me too hype for Alien Isolation.

I met up with my best friend tonight and hes a BIG Alien fan. He wouldnt stop talking about the game either.

That sounds about right.

And now they announced they wont have OR-support anymore and the OR-support was just meant for the E3-Demo...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
As I've said before, the game seemingly has combos and cancels (and maybe more) so I'm already thinking it's got a better core "fighting" engine than any Smash I've played. :)
Being inspired doesnt automatically make it straight up smash as you noticed. If you check the OT you can see the game has cancels, combos and parry among other neat things. I think they say the Parry works kinda like SF so that would be neat. I see 15 hit combos in one video with Bauta and someone doing like 10-12 hits with Judith so there are cool things going on there. Also the 7 Minute video I think it makes clear things on what the game is and how it is different from Smash. ;)

Atlus should do better PR so I shouldn't have to explain the game to people. LOL

maneil99

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-1E6052806F4DFCE9 - Taken by maneil99

t1405057300z1.png
That image probably looked better in google

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes the Video Game?

Anustart

Newegg putting the smack down on amazon. Ordered a gpu from new egg yesterday and controller from amazon. Gpu be here tomorrow, amazon says they're still packaging my order.

Articalys

Heh, how fitting... I realized I bought Ys Oath and Origins almost exactly two years ago, and just bought Chronicles now after failing to win the raffle (though I thought I entered for #4, so why does it only show that the winner entered for it...).

dot

Heh, how fitting... I realized I bought Ys Oath and Origins almost exactly two years ago, and just bought Chronicles now after failing to win the raffle (though I thought I entered for #4, so why does it only show that the winner entered for it...).

Same for me. Maybe we were both on the blocklist?! ;-;

WHATEVER

I-I DIDN'T WANT THE GAME A-ANYWAYS

HMPH

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of blood magic are you guys using to win MM money?

You must pray to the M&Ms gods, hoping that they deem you lucky.

I tried to find decent fan art to post with this, but I really couldn't find any, not a whole lot of M&Ms fans apparently. So here's some "awesome" Naruto M&M fan art that I found.

zrwi9Ql.jpg

dot

I tried to find decent fan art to post with this, but I really couldn't find any, not a whole lot of M&Ms fans apparently. So here's some "awesome" Naruto M&M fan art that I found.

zrwi9Ql.jpg

lol this is cute

Man...Full Burst needs to go on sale again. :(

OH MY GAWWWWD

I wasn't planning on posting more gift pics but this was too funny. :p

uguu

Beelzebubs

zrwi9Ql.jpg

They need to start that bloody promotion in England dammit!

Articalys

Well, this'll teach me to never buy something immediately after I lose a raffle for it.

Though in this case since the deal ends in 10 hours and I wouldn't be near a computer to buy it in the morning anyway, I didn't have much of a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom