• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Last call for my game giveaway:
ModBot said:
Instructions for thecharrr:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thecharrr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-2402897E8D3273A9 - Taken by Thanasis Deitus. 9 entrants total.
Civilization 5 (nothing else) -- MB-10EC09706C222577 - Taken by freshVeggie. 4 entrants total.
BioShock 1 -- MB-E3AAC843054DF9E0
Sid Meier's Pirates! -- MB-C089E80C0C8C94A1 - Taken by Servizio. 11 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-5610507C9EDD257B - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-4919D46E53C16205 - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 5 entrants total.
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-8773E87529F27ABF - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
BioShock 2 -- MB-47297E1061776064 - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 4 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-A616F4C8545166E2 - Taken by xeris. 3 entrants total.
Civilization 4 Complete -- MB-A9796597A5DF2D83 - Taken by maneil99. 5 entrants total.

t1405055321z1.png

Latest Steam update now gives me a warning about leaving Steam whenever I click links in chat. Any way to disable?
I'm hoping there's an answer to this as well. It's not only an annoying warning I have to click through every time, but it actually makes links slower to open. It's at a point where i"m better off copying and pasting a link into my browser than clicking it in the chat window. Clicking it in the chat can take 5+ seconds to open, only to force me to click an "I accept" button to view the content anyway.

It's very, very annoying.

Articalys

Apparently I don't understand how the free-for-all rule works with ModBot... well, whatever, I guess I'll just go buy Ys Chronicles myself to complete the set.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping there's an answer to this as well. It's not only an annoying warning I have to click through every time, but it actually makes links slower to open. It's at a point where i"m better off copying and pasting a link into my browser than clicking it in the chat window. Clicking it in the chat can take 5+ seconds to open, only to force me to click an "I accept" button to view the content anyway.

It's very, very annoying.

No, this link that's not Steam related isn't Steam related. WARNING WARNING THIS NON-STEAM URL MIGHT NOT BE STEAM

probably to save the children from the evil doki doki waifus

No, this link that's not Steam related isn't Steam related. WARNING WARNING THIS NON-STEAM URL MIGHT NOT BE STEAM

probably to save the children from the evil doki doki waifus
Yeah, it's pretty clear it's meant to save people from scammers, but I think Valve entirely missed the part where every other service with a warning like this allows you to turn it off entirely due to the annoyance. Or that it should only pop up for untrusted sites or untrusted users.

Right now it's the pits =/

Kanokare

That last CS:GO comp match right now was heart crushing :(

GOOOO! PLAY NOWWW

Hahah yeah it was. Like I said they were probably smurfs so don't feel too bad. We did amazing those first two games we had. I'll get the 1st one up ASAP. Maybe the 2nd one too another day.

Turfster

Or that it should only pop up for untrusted sites or untrusted users.
It wouldn't be that bad if it was just a popup dialog if they have to keep it for all the 'victims', but now it has to load your browser and then it's still only an "are you really sure?" page?
Stop using the god damned browser for everything, Valve =p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the smash bros comprisons are putting me off Abyss in a big way :/

Altazor

just got back from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

SooGood.gif

Did I missed anything?

you missed me missing out on Divinity: Original Sin.

Which means, it's just another day in Steam-GAF :(

some very generous gaffers with very generous giveaways, actually

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I really hope that part about only starting with a single character is easily bypassed. I stand by my statement that I will not be playing as anyone other than Ghost Monk. :p

Also, these comparisons to Smash are really putting me off...

Ivemadeahugemistake.gif

I think the character stuff is mostly introduction stuff. (I hope)

The devs themselves said it was smash inspired combat from the start but with parry system and other things that make em different.

This multiplayer seems to make this game worth it alone if there are alot of stages and options.
They say they will continue giving support to the game after launch. I hope in part they add more stages to the VS Mode. If they are taking it to EVO it must mean they are not going to keep the VS Mode extremely limited in options in terms of stages.
oh, that looks totally smash

but you know i can just make a couple calls and get the people at ace to revoke your copy if you win

Is that a threat you are making? MODS!!!!

Shadownet

Banned
Another splendid Fuzzification giveaway.

what did he give away? forgive me for not wanting to go through the last 20 pages. lol

you missed me missing out on Divinity: Original Sin.

Which means, it's just another day in Steam-GAF :(

some very generous gaffers with very generous giveaways, actually

what were the giveaways?

JaseC gave you the primary spot on his account, but you weren't here so he went into permanent exile.

DarthVaderNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You missed Volgarr!

who?

I think the character stuff is mostly introduction stuff. (I hope)

The devs themselves said it was smash inspired combat from the start but with parry system and other things that make em different.

If it's "smash inspired" in that most commands are simplified to direction+attack, I think I'm okay with that.

But the fact that they say they wanted the combat to play like a fighter and then compare it to Smash? That's a huge red flag for me.

Side note, why does your avatar not have the horns?

Also, taking it to EVO doesn't mean jack. Smash somehow got into EVO in the last few years, (I know it's on this years lineup) and as far as I'm concerned that's about as much of a fighting game as Divekick is.

tylerf

Despite its bugs I'm glad I picked up that Deponia deal or I'd be losing my mind with boredom working this night shift.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If it's "smash inspired" in that most commands are simplified to direction+attack, I think I'm okay with that.

But the fact that they say they wanted the combat to play like a fighter and then compare it to Smash? That's a huge red flag for me.

Side note, why does your avatar not have the horns?
The commands are simplified but the game is still a sidescroller beat em up. Sure there are level up and getting new abilities in the game but in the end you are beating the shit of enemies.

There is a BONUS Vs Mode. I repeat BONUS but it seems it will be as popular as the story mode maybe more if people get into it.

As for my horns and lack of wings I simply wanted to be a unique snowflake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom