• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor ModBot has taken a beating this week with all of the giveaways. Anyway, thanks Stump for putting all of the effort into keeping it running as well as possible. I am sure it's a time sink

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PSA: Stump has fixed the ModBot bug (thx for the good/fast work!), looks like 'Free for all' didn't work and only the first entries from everyone were counted.

That's not quite true in the general. The bug with free for all that you mention was introduced just a couple of days ago (maybe tuesday?) Free-for-all worked fine, I just broke it at some point :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Poor ModBot has taken a beating this week with all of the giveaways. Anyway, thanks Stump for putting all of the effort into keeping it running as well as possible. I am sure it's a time sink

its one of the reasons why it annoys me when people dont use it

Are you punished to have the female Laharl avatar? I didn't follow the conversation

waifus were involved

For forever? I can subscribe to this idea.

deal was 1 week

That's not quite true in the general. The bug with free for all that you mention was introduced just a couple of days ago (maybe tuesday?) Free-for-all worked fine, I just broke it at some point :p

Stump, am I supposed to get a PM from modbot when I nuke keys?

Dr Dogg

Speaking of ModBot and nuking keys, Stump everything currently showing as unclaimed for me are actually dupes from when I put the hyphen in the wrong place but for some reason my nuke request didn't work (I guess due to the amount of special characters as such).

Milamber

So when I received my Abyss Odyssey review mail yesterday I received 2 codes. One for me and one for a friend. Since it seems like most of my real-life friends are either offline right nor or do not have the game on their wishlist. Im giving it away on GAF.

Since it is a review code, it means that the one who wins can start download and play it right now.

Thanks for the Abyss, fantomena. Anything I have to wary of with this review code?

Sometimes I refresh the page, and I swear as I quickly scroll down the thread, I see a glimpse of orange in the corner of my eye in the top right of my browser.

I get so excited, so I scroll back up to the top of the page, hoping that I won one of the giveaways.

I realize that it was never orange, and it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. It will never be orange for Divinity or DSII.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for the Abyss, fantomena. Anything I have to wary of with this review code?

the fact that using it is shady as fuck since you are not a reviewer?

I kid I kid...

not really

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Speaking of ModBot and nuking keys, Stump everything currently showing as unclaimed for me are actually dupes from when I put the hyphen in the wrong place but for some reason my nuke request didn't work (I guess due to the amount of special characters as such).

Yeah at some point I really need to write better nuke code. When I first wrote it it was in a sort of pre-bundles-everywhere reality, and most keys were keys and I sort of intended it to be pretty rare but it's comparatively more common right now. There's really no harm having the games in your unclaimed list in the mean time, but I'll post here if there's new or better nuke code at some point. :)

Dr Dogg

Yeah at some point I really need to write better nuke code. When I first wrote it it was in a sort of pre-bundles-everywhere reality, and most keys were keys and I sort of intended it to be pretty rare but it's comparatively more common right now. There's really no harm having the games in your unclaimed list in the mean time, but I'll post here if there's new or better nuke code at some point. :)

No worries. I was just my mild OCD kicking in seeing them there anyway. I'll keep an eye out but I'm sure you'll do a key dump thread at some point and some (unlucky) person will clear them out for me.

Rhaknar

lets make this right shall we?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Explodemon -- MB-43B73168F2E5FAD0 - Taken by redlacs. 5 entrants total.
Project Aftermath -- MB-BCF497F3C93B49D8 - Taken by Pakkidis. 2 entrants total.
Imperial Glory -- MB-857CAFC389FD5461 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Praetorians -- MB-23F0091C4505866B - Taken by tjohn86. 4 entrants total.
Velocity Ultra -- MB-B1CCDB66D334D970 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 4 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-EC6ECEA0BA5E6FC6 - Taken by Kiru. 4 entrants total.
Influx -- MB-6B7651CD350CC16E - Taken by nexen. 5 entrants total.

t1405086526z1.png

Nabs

So I missed like 15 Abyss Odyssey giveaways? Hahaha.

But honestly, I really hope the game doesn't suck. We're putting a lot on this one game.

MayMay

Banned
Just.. take em off me lol. Should've made it FFA so that one person could just take everything lol.

Windforge -- MB-69EA41A559EECCC4 - Taken by crazyrabbits
BioShock -- MB-1B9A4F96879288E5
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-539DA3B2C77902E5
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-C4BAA486CF873CD5 - Taken by Benedict
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-D27589B89FD993EE - Taken by Kaisersalsek
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-5DB3B41BE544FF6D - Taken by fuzzy123
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E37A070792155847 - Taken by aurelioking
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-9F9647801B992231
Nightsky -- MB-344D4E071C7A82CB
Waking Mars -- MB-D0E87E8ED679B5FB

Phinor

I've finally become insane. Actually waiting for Spintires price drop to buy the game, and possibly play it too. Who would ever play that game? Other than the 100k+ who have already bought it. It might actually be one step below Euro Truck Simulator, if anything can exist down there.

Altazor

oh damn, I missed out on Abyss Odyssey 'cause I was sleeping.

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SLEEP. Let this be a lesson learned.

congrats to all the winners!! :D

Turfster

Happy birthday Dusk.

Get Games is doing
  • Total War franchise 75% off
  • Thief franchise 66-75% off
  • Typing of the Dead + DLC 66% off

wilflare

hmm someone in one of the XB1 threads said Alien Isolation is pretty good. that it captures the atmosphere.

---

So $10 for Humble Weekly? yay or nay

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is it possible to tell whether you've got the pre-order incentives for a game by looking at your account?

Edit: I'm specifically talking about Alien: Isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom