• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoemonk

I don't know what came over me. I just bought three Ys games. I picked up the two I didn't have on Steam (Origins and Felghana) and then bought the Vita one from Amazon just for kicks.

Grief.exe

So I missed like 15 Abyss Odyssey giveaways? Hahaha.

But honestly, I really hope the game doesn't suck. We're putting a lot on this one game.

Nito's entire savings has been invested into gifts. If it turns out poorly, then we may have to set up a SteamGAF support group.

Kiru

For the first time in my life, I am going to complete Half Life 1. Wish me luck, going to be playing on normal and going to be quick saving a lot.
I got stuck pretty often in that game when I completed it 1-2 years ago. Some parts are really not that obvious.

So I missed like 15 Abyss Odyssey giveaways? Hahaha.

But honestly, I really hope the game doesn't suck. We're putting a lot on this one game.

I don't know, I personally still buy a fair few console releases. While I rarely buy games day one, I still think of new games as 49.99 (I bought even fewer new games this last generation, and those tended to be Atlus/NISA/XSeed/Aksys stuff which was usually 49.99 new). So this whole bundle/steam thing has been amazing to me. Not to mention new games coming out on PC for $20 or less (I've kickstartered a fair few for around the 15-25 range).

Its $10. I have a hard time believing that the game will be so bad that I won't get $10 of enjoyment out of it. At the very least these an OST...in my mind that's potentially worth the $10 by itself...yes I still buy physical CDs. I'm old :(

swx

hb

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (swx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-C60F029D2FCBB125 - Taken by MTE. 7 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity -- MB-38396A5A64DDECAA - Taken by prudislav

t1405087906z1.png

Amzin

I got stuck pretty often in that game when I completed it 1-2 years ago. Some parts are really not that obvious.

My big moment with that game was in the final boss fight, like 75% of the way through I ran out of ammo. Had to crowbar my way to victory. It was epic.

hmm someone in one of the XB1 threads said Alien Isolation is pretty good. that it captures the atmosphere.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I mean, at its worst it can't be as bad as Colonial Marines, plus Creative Assembly has never really made a bad game. Maybe a couple of ok games but nothing bad.

Happy birthday, Dusk_Golem. I'll give you an alpha of my horror game within a month or so as late present.

Patiently waiting for a well written review by Dusk of his own bday before getting it on sale.

Jawmuncher

Is it possible to tell whether you've got the pre-order incentives for a game by looking at your account?

Edit: I'm specifically talking about Alien: Isolation.

I don't think there's any way to tell unless the App ID currently has all copies as having it. But I'm not even sure it holds that info. Looks like its all up to alien gods on that one.

StAidan

For the first time in my life, I am going to complete Half Life 1. Wish me luck, going to be playing on normal and going to be quick saving a lot.

Have fun, I finished it just a couple months ago myself (I'm somewhat of an FPS newbie). Personally found the experience dragged a lot in the first half, but I really enjoyed the last half. I made liberal use of quicksave, too.

Aaron D.

I've finally become insane. Actually waiting for Spintires price drop to buy the game, and possibly play it too. Who would ever play that game? Other than the 100k+ who have already bought it. It might actually be one step below Euro Truck Simulator, if anything can exist down there.

You're smoking crack.

Spintires is golden.

oipic

It might actually be one step below Euro Truck Simulator, if anything can exist down there.

Is... is this a not-very-thinly-veiled swipe at ETS? Does not compute!

(apologies if I've missed your point, though, Phinor)

ETS2 is genuinely very good - the enlightened among us know it to be legitimately the case, and not in an ironic sense.

I'm with you on Spintires, though - looks great, definitely looking forward to picking it up at some stage.

Dingotech

hmm someone in one of the XB1 threads said Alien Isolation is pretty good. that it captures the atmosphere.

I'm really not sure about that game (Despite my 10 modbot entries...>_>)

From the videos I've watched it just looks a tad boring, just constantly dodging the same Alien.
But I hope it ends up being awesome! Because I love me some Alien franchise!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pretty sure this isnt taken, at least I dont see it on my loot list as given, that or im blind, which is very possible

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Aeon Command -- MB-475956CB33690861 - Taken by Hugstable

if its taken I apologize, let me know please

edit: this was added to indieroyale debut 4 bundle by the way peeps, go check yours

DogMeat77

I've finally become insane. Actually waiting for Spintires price drop to buy the game, and possibly play it too. Who would ever play that game? Other than the 100k+ who have already bought it. It might actually be one step below Euro Truck Simulator, if anything can exist down there.

Take it back.

ETS is a great game.

Spintires is a lot of fun with a group of friends. We've had a lot of fun unlocking the vehicles and fighting our way to objectives.

Articalys

PSA: Stump has fixed the ModBot bug (thx for the good/fast work!), looks like 'Free for all' didn't work and only the first entries from everyone were counted.
God dammit, that means the Ys free-for-all giveaway was completely broken and unfair for 90% of the people that entered... of course by now I already bought the damn game so I'm out of luck.

I really don't know why I'm legitimately upset about this...

abracadaver

Is there something going on with modbot ?

I wanted to claim duke nukem 1 and 2 from this giveaway but it doesnt let me get duke nukem 2. Modbot doesnt respond. Can someone else claim it and send me the code ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and some more

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

1000 Amps -- MB-FCC96C4B9B425261 - Taken by NotSelf
Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-55E40F327AA0C156 - Taken by CosmicQueso
Battlepillars Gold Edition -- MB-696FC32920F5A1C1 - Taken by EzioCroft
T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-09B333855F940D52 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Im gonna break modbot today
i-must-break-you-o.gif

also unclaimed keys, if you grab any please let me know

Project Aftermath -- MB-BCF497F3C93B49D8

Once you get past that first hour, it's all action all the time. It never lets up, and it's glorious!

I tried it yesterday...for maybe an hour.
Got back to the town and was asked to check on the girl. Talked to her, and then...I guess I am maybe supposed to go to a crypt or something? Somewhere? Maybe I should have checked that map I think I recently found.

Tizoc

Just bought all 3 Ys games and am dying to dig in... Going to go in order of story. Am I making a mistake?

Not necessarily.
It's better to start with 3 since 1 and 2's combat system is very old and won't appeal to everyone.
Once you've finished Oath (3), jump into Origin, then go back and play 1 and 2 and maybe you'll open up to them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ETS2 was Sim GOTY

Also you don't need to be crazy to want to drive badass soviet trucks across the motherland, comrade.

Not necessarily.
It's better to start with 3 since 1 and 2's combat system is very old and won't appeal to everyone.
Once you've finished Oath (3), jump into Origin, then go back and play 1 and 2 and maybe you'll open up to them.

Thanks for the info. Even though old combat systems don't bug me I'll probably take your advice. Can't hurt after all.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Thanks for the info. Even though old combat systems don't bug me I'll probably take your advice. Can't hurt after all.
For story reasons it's generally accepted you play 1&2 before Origin. It's a prequel that explains a lot of the mysteries of the first two games.

Cth

Oh wow. I... I won something.
Guess I need to complain about modbot being tsun more often! ;)

Looks like it worked!

I just received notice that I have an on site interview scheduled on Tuesday!

I'm working two part time jobs today so I'll get home late tonight, but I'll get your prize to you shortly!

For story reasons it's generally accepted you play 1&2 before Origin. It's a prequel that explains a lot of the mysteries of the first two games.

So to retain the sense of mystery about the world, I should go in release order. That actually seems more my style. That or I'm just easily swayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom