• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

I had a vita but sold it not too long after getting my PC. Every game I was looking forward to that was coming to vita I could get on steam and all the exclusives I was interested in I had already completed.

Still have a 3DS though when I want to play something on the go so it's all good.

saunderez

ok what about the new patch will it fix it?

To be honest I don't know. I'd like to think a patch and driver update could make it run silky smooth but I think nothing short of a massive change in how the game actually works on AMD video cards is going to do that.

But is Indie Gala screwing them, or are these devs screwing themselves?

As much as I love all of those Greenlight bundles, I've never understood how devs make money and benefit from them. They are basically selling their game for mere cents the day it launches on Steam. That benefits me and it benefits Indie Gala certainly, but how does it benefit the people who make the games?

The only reason devs even put greenlight games in bundles is to make them get through greenlight faster. There's no other benefit to them but the increased exposure.

Ozium

question on my game collector profile it says I own 335 games, but on the library tabs under all games it says 360... pretty sure I don't have 25 f2p games... what gives? which is right?

JaseC will know the answer, I'm sure of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had a vita but sold it not too long after getting my PC. Every game I was looking forward to that was coming to vita I could get on steam and all the exclusives I was interested in I had already completed.

Still have a 3DS though when I want to play something on the go so it's all good.

My dad gave me his DS Lite once he moved on to the 3DS. You can probably guess how many games I've played on it.

question on my game collector profile it says I own 335 games, but on the library tabs under all games it says 360... pretty sure I don't have 25 f2p games... what gives? which is right?

JaseC will know the answer, I'm sure of it.

F2P games you own DLC for, F2P games you've installed, and demos.

wilflare

You don't have to do Crucible, which is like CoD style multiplayer :) you can just go explore planets with her. That's why Destiny got a little something for almost everyone.

You're like opposite of most people Lol. Most people I know let their Vita collect dust and play 3DS more.

you have yet to meet the rest of VitaGAF

until Nintendo releases a revision that's ergonomic... and a screen with decent pixel density... I would think it's gonna keep collecting dust

Hugstable

Banned
So do I. It collects dust.
I play my Vita pretty much daily.

I have both so I can switch back and forth between the two depending on what kinda mood I'm in at the time. My Vita does tend to get way more use though outside of a few games on my 3DS. (Kirby Triple Deluxe and SMTIV) I have a 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB Memory Card for Vita and they are all filled!! -_-. Thankfully the only memory card I actually bought was my 16GB which I got for like 20$ during a sale. My brother passed down his 32GB to me when he imported his own 64GB <3

PS1 games I'd rather buy and emulate on my PC, indies I want on Steam or 3DS, Killzone I don't really care, Uncharted the same, PS+ I won't pay for, etc.

Money I spend on a Vita and games and memory card would be better spent on Steam or 3DS games, personally.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
you have yet to meet the rest of VitaGAF

until Nintendo releases a revision that's ergonomic... and a screen with decent pixel density... I would think it's gonna keep collecting dust

Still better unique library than vita.
KuGsj.gif

Enough portable wars on SteamGaf.

To stay on topic I'll say Skyrim sucks.

Ozium

KuGsj.gif

agreed... I always heard people hyping up Skyrim and "omg you get to fight dragons"
but I've played Dragon's Dogma... where Dragons act like Dragons and will fight back, fly away, charge you, etc. after DD, skyrim just looks like dear esther with a high fantasy theme

Vazra

Morrowind 4 Life.

Are you single sir? *wink*

agreed... I always heard people hyping up Skyrim and "omg you get to fight dragons"
but I've played Dragon's Dogma... where Dragons act like Dragons and will fight back, fly away, charge you, etc. after DD, skyrim just looks like dear esther with a high fantasy theme

Elder Scrolls series has the worst combat system. Play Kings Field on PS2 and despite the slow speed it is a better game on First Person combat. The only thing in the ES series I enjoyed was Morrowind and it was mostly cause I liked the atmosphere than anything else.

Also Bethesda cant program themselves out of a paperbag.

JaseC

Good point.

But I wonder how many bundle buyers even remember to upvote them on Greenlight. I usually forget.

I'll upvote the games if there's a link to the page but I don't actively seek them out otherwise. At this point, upvoting a game on Greenlight is just expediting the inevitable since the system is being given the flick relatively soon.

rtcn63

I couldn't get into Dragon's Dogma, mostly because of the framerate/graphics on PS3. Everything was flickery and looked horrible, and that aspect ratio. The game really needs a PC port.

wilflare

PS1 games I'd rather buy and emulate on my PC, indies I want on Steam or 3DS, Killzone I don't really care, Uncharted the same, PS+ I won't pay for, etc.

Money I spend on a Vita and games and memory card would be better spent on Steam or 3DS games, personally.

you need to get PS+ if you own any PlayStation platforms. It's... almost as good as Steam sales :p

KuGsj.gif

not starting a war :p I own both hahaha (not disputing the better unique library bit. I like the 3DS library... but I can't enjoy it due to the hardware)

EDIT: all these talk
WHY ISN'T STEAMBOY TRUE - it's better than having Steambox

maybe I should just get a Shield

Hugstable

Banned
NRJ7PQ-XN44M2-C3Y170

That one worked for me.

Tried it out and still didn't work. It seem when I put the code in with the dashes and everything, it leaves the redeem voucher button grey and pushing it does nothing. I tried taking out the spaces after and the button lit green after that, but just tells me it's not a valid voucher. I took some pics to illustrate the problem

If there is anyone that knows who GMG works or how I can get these Vouchers to redeem, could you please help me out. I need to prepare for my Dark Souls 2 adventure!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Well depends on what you prioritize really. My Vita sees more Visual Novels, Rhythm games, and niche Japanese titles and my 3DS is mostly Atlus games, Ace Attorney, and Nintendo games. If it has a Console or PC release it'll get bought on there. (PC priority of course.)

I Like Visual Novels and Rhythm games most so my Vita gets the most use and I have both of the handhelds capture modded so I can play them on my PC monitor. (This made me realize how horrible the 3DS's screen was.)

I wouldn't mind a Vita. My brother has a 3ds so I can just borrow his. Not really interested in consoles...yet.

Probably better to wait a year or two at this point since a price drop should be in order by then and older software will be lesser in price.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I played Call of Cthulu before, so I know how great it is. Unfortunately I couldn't finish it back then.

Recommend me some modern horror game, nothing classic or older. I've been disconnected of the genre for five years, so I need to update my horror playtime with something new and innovative.

Sorry for the delayed response, was eating cake.

Two modern horror games that are new and innovative...

I guess under that boat Slender: The Arrival fits the bill, but know people have mixed response to that game. I, however, like it. It's very unique for the type of game it is, essentially being a video game version of a found-footage film. There's also some really cool secrets. Not incredibly long, about 2-4 hours for the main game, but there are two bonus stages, one of them is hidden in the game's first chapter and is my favorite part of the game.

Alan Wake is a love it/hate it thing, I love it though. It's not really scary but has a great setting, and a sort of hammy but enjoyable story. Combat can be repetitive, but it has interesting features like a watchable TV show, daytime exploring segments, and darkness and light play big roles.

Condemned: Criminal Origins you should play if you haven't already. This also goes for Resident Evil 4, though more action-like, it is still a quality game.

If you like Resident Evil 4, then I'd recommend Dead Space 2. Not as good, but still pretty good and in a similar vein.

Eversion is neither modern-styled, but it is innovative. Very interesting concept, though a small little platforming game.

Kentucky Route Zero is both very different and unique.

There's some others, I want to go off Steam for a few though or Early Access things.

Ozium

can we end this 3ds vs vita debate with one piece of factual evidence as to which system is superior?

SMT IV is on 3ds, and not on Vita.

case closed

wilflare

how are people giving away spare copies of
BATTLEPILLARS GOLD EDITION

I thought there's only one bundle with that game?

can we end this 3ds vs vita debate with one piece of factual evidence as to which system is superior?

SMT IV is on 3ds, and not on Vita.

case closed

Vita has Persona 4 Golden
- case reopened

Jawmuncher

I think i'll grow a full gandalf beard before I ever find people to play LP3 with.
Just 1 game is all I want to try.

Devs must feel terrible when no one gives a shit about their MP modes since they took resources and time to make as well. Must be even worse if it's MP only.

Mono

for a moment I thought those were games in your Trade Inventory.
-wat.gif-

and for once... PSN has a better sale than Steam
0.99 for Double Dragon Neon lol

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a PSN sale right now. That's awfully tempting!

Vazra

SMT IV, Soul Hackers, Overclocked and Persona Q are on 3ds, and not on Vita.

case closed
Agree

how are people giving away spare copies of
BATTLEPILLARS GOLD EDITION

I thought there's only one bundle with that game?

Vita has Persona 4 Golden
- case reopened

I could play Vanilla on my PC at 1080p. Case closed

Also P3>P4

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Elder Scrolls series has the worst combat system. Play Kings Field on PS2 and despite the slow speed it is a better game on First Person combat. The only thing in the ES series I enjoyed was Morrowind and it was mostly cause I liked the atmosphere than anything else.

Also Bethesda cant program themselves out of a paperbag.

Yeah the one thing thats stopping me from getting into elder scrolls games is the combat since it's just really plain and boring to me.

Virtue's Last Reward is on both, so Vita and 3DS tie! \o/

Vita version doesn't have a save bug, ugly FMV compression, or performance issues! Vita wins! /s

JaseC

Tried it out and still didn't work. It seem when I put the code in with the dashes and everything, it leaves the redeem voucher button grey and pushing it does nothing. I tried taking out the spaces after and the button lit green after that, but just tells me it's not a valid voucher. I took some pics to illustrate the problem

If there is anyone that knows who GMG works or how I can get these Vouchers to redeem, could you please help me out. I need to prepare for my Dark Souls 2 adventure!

Have you tried typing NRJ7PQ-XN44M2-C3Y170 manually? It's a long shot, but, hey, you never know!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I still don't understand all this key business but it looks to be lucrative although I'm too lazy to look further into it and actually do anything involving it.

Toki767

I probably would have bought Double Dragon Neon for 99 cents on PSN if it wasn't already given away for free on PS+. Legend of Dragoon for 99 cents is a steal though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom