• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

Woot just got Asteria for $1...thanks 90% off coupon I got for crafting my level 5 Divinity badge!!! I remember someone was spruiking the game around here, and I was interested but I wasn't willing to bite for $10. I just gave 8 coupons to Trashbot that I wasn't remotely interested but its all worth it when you finally get one that you are interested in.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://store.steampowered.com/news/13860/

Whatever that is it was important enough to warrant a quick fix.

It's a major security vulnerability in a very common audio/video library that could be used along with an exploit WMA file to cause a buffer overflow and possibly a privilege escalation. Nothing to do with Valve, except that they probably use said common library somewhere in Steam. "CVE" basically means it's a bug in a commonly used library, nothing specific to Steam.

FauX

What sort of horror games do you like?

I played Call of Cthulu before, so I know how great it is. Unfortunately I couldn't finish it back then.

Recommend me some modern horror game, nothing classic or older. I've been disconnected of the genre for five years, so I need to update my horror playtime with something new and innovative.

Well this is terrible timing. I just wanted to get rid of a few other older bundle games I decided I have no interest in playing, but with that giveaway up there I doubt anyone will care about this one, but I also don't want to wait another three hours to post it.

cheers for starseed pilgrim

Uh.... GMT - 6 here.

Central?

It's a major security vulnerability in a very common audio/video library that could be used along with an exploit WMA file to cause a buffer overflow and possibly a privilege escalation. Nothing to do with Valve, except that they probably use said common library somewhere in Steam. "CVE" basically means it's a bug in a commonly used library, nothing specific to Steam.

CVEs can be a fucking nightmare.
They're a reason for my high stress and low sleep the last 2 weeks. :(

lol daaamn

I think Nito is already part of the Lin Kieu.

Yeah, i agree. Just get the collection on ps3. That switch style mod is horribly broken, haha.

The funniest part to me is, while I may not agree with the sentiments posted, the actual idea of "full of style, lacking substance" sounds exactly like there's something to see here. ;)

I mean, why do you think all these Summer blockbuster movies are full of action and explosions and don't get nominated for any awards at the end of the year. ;)

Take it from there.

D'awww...
Besides, you can't be mad at me; unlike dot, I already own Abyss Odyssey.

He got ran over by the Rock of Ages in the past.

Rock of Ages was not a good game from what I played... and Zeno Clash was an interesting concept, but I don't think it worked so well in execution.
So if I'm being completely honest, it's not that I *hate* ACE team... it's just that I don't think they have a track record of producing good games.
But Abyss Odyssey already looks better than Strider 2014, so apparently ACE Team > Double Helix. #TRUTHFACTS

repost for the Witcher 3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=120588499&highlight=#post120588499

header_292x136.jpg

Didnt help the sales of the game tho.

Haha, true. Neither did being kind of niche to begin with followed by the choice of platforms. I did my part though, I bought and played the best version (which is free on PS+ next month for NA PSN users, I think). Buy the DLC if you own it, it's fantastic.

Nah, Mountain.

Usually EST is GMT-5.
Though I suppose with EDT it's GMT-4, so I guess MDT would actually be GMT-6 now that I think about it. Timezones are weird.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Haha, true. Neither did being kind of niche to begin with followed by the choice of platforms. I did my part though, I bought and played the best version (which is free on PS+ next month for NA PSN users, I think). Buy the DLC if you own it, it's fantastic.
Best version works on PC if you rip it son.

I love seeing Divinity: Original Sin riding the top of the sales charts. I hope it leads to more people going back and playing Baldur's Gate, Arcanum, etc.

On a side note, Wasteland and Pillars of Eternity have a lot to live up to. I'm a little worried that Divinity was so good that that those other games aren't going to be able to top it.

Ozium

I was looking at Wasteland 2 and they turned it into some tactical SRPG crap? I grew up playing Wasteland and it was turn based. Save that tactical crap for Fallout...

:(

central is just west of eastern
mountain is just east of pacific
Still no idea lol

I love seeing Divinity: Original Sin riding the top of the sales charts. I hope it leads to more people going back and playing Baldur's Gate, Arcanum, etc.

On a side note, Wasteland and Pillars of Eternity have a lot to live up to. I'm a little worried that Divinity was so good that that those other games aren't going to be able to top it.
I promised myself to play my GOG games, but right now, the only GOG game that I've installed is VVVVVV.

Just got back from playing Half Life 1. Taking a break and finished the part where you are on those carts on the tracks and the marines are trying to stop you. I lost my cart while searching this area and had to cheese my way through because I couldn't find it.

So I had the marines firing on me while I was hopping on the electrocuted tracks which led me to quick saving and loading a lot. Gotta admit, this game is fucking hard, especially when you are against the marines.

StAidan

Uh, I just won a second M&M entry (woohoo, 2 out of something like 40 tries), and it looks like the only redemption option is the lame Movies On Demand credit. Noooooooooo!!

e9Wrz2Z.jpg

how can onigiri be lewd?

fun fact: an onigiri and a beer was my breakfast nearly every day when I was in Tokyo for a month

When it's a game that has teenage girls stripping in their promotional videos....wait I'm the guy that wants Paca Plus and was thinking about getting Sakura Spirit. Move Along.

Mono

Uh, I just won a second M&M entry (woohoo, 2 out of something like 40 tries), and it looks like the only redemption option is the lame Movies On Demand credit. Noooooooooo!!

Oh no!! I hope that's a mistake and that they didn't change it.

wilflare

can't believe I went thru 20 pages (of 100posts each)....

Happy Birthday Dusk! it was always awesome to read your game recommendations!

and I enjoyed reading the discussion about Indie Gala. they are rather... shady but man, they have been making some really good bundles recently..

and those bundle purchases... add up to more than a few hundred...

Jawmuncher

can't believe I went thru 20 pages (of 100posts each)....

Happy Birthday Dusk! it was always awesome to read your game recommendations!

and I enjoyed reading the discussion about Indie Gala. they are rather... shady but man, they have been making some really good bundles recently..

and those bundle purchases... add up to more than a few hundred...

Indiegala has a shit website but their Customer Service is great.
When they had the Still Life bundle and I accidentally bought 3 1 dollar tiers instead of getting the BTA like I wanted (Bundles in the store had a weird set up). They just up and gave me the games from the higher tier and let me keep the spares.

StAidan

Oh no!! I hope that's a mistake and that they didn't change it.

I poked around in the HTML source of the page and the other button is nowhere to be found within. Sad face... Could be a site hiccup I guess, but I have a bad feeling about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom