• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Derrick01 says he misses us all.

40636-Ghost-Hug.gif

ew not 1080p

What game is that?

Ozium

Indiegala has a shit website but their Customer Service is great.
When they had the Still Life bundle and I accidentally bought 3 1 dollar tiers instead of getting the BTA like I wanted (Bundles in the store had a weird set up). They just up and gave me the games from the higher tier and let me keep the spares.

their customer service that once banned me from their group for 5 days for 'spamming' when I asked twice (I asked once, got no reply, asked again 30 hours later) about a key from a greenlight game that had been on the store for a week and no where on indiegala's site..

riiiight

edit: and yes I was polite I asked "Hey, any ETA on when the keys for _____ will be available? Thanks."

saunderez

and I enjoyed reading the discussion about Indie Gala. they are rather... shady but man, they have been making some really good bundles recently..

and those bundle purchases... add up to more than a few hundred...

Yeah its a bit of a dilemma. Do I buy said bundle in the hope that there's a game I'll enjoy in there. Or am I only getting theoretical savings on games I'd never buy and supporting a retailer that is screwing over some indie devs pretty badly.

can the R9 280x get 60fps with watch dog? at ultra

I got an R9 290...but I'm gonna go with a resounding nooooooooooooooope.

Jawmuncher

their customer service that once banned me from their group for 5 days for 'spamming' when I asked twice (I asked once, got no reply, asked again 30 hours later) about a key from a greenlight game that had been on the store for a week and no where on indiegala's site..

riiiight

edit: and yes I was polite I asked "Hey, any ETA on when the keys for _____ will be available? Thanks."

Yeah that's pretty bad.
Guess you got a disgruntled worker that day.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Can't say I care after 1 playthrough. Got better things to play.
jYTGrTag10sQi.png

Well I do plan on getting that since it does looks pretty deep mechanics-wise. (It looks like someone ran the game through an Xbone filter in the OT gifs though.) Muramasa is a bit shallow but it's a good time waster I actually enjoy the DLC characters more since they don't control exactly the same as Kisuke and Momohime though.

zeroOman

Yeah its a bit of a dilemma. Do I buy said bundle in the hope that there's a game I'll enjoy in there. Or am I only getting theoretical savings on games I'd never buy and supporting a retailer that is screwing over some indie devs pretty badly.

I got an R9 290...but I'm gonna go with a resounding nooooooooooooooope.

ok what about the new patch will it fix it?

Ozium

nito posted his before I could post mine :(

regarding Indiegala, I've found that they are the slowest of all the bundle sites, often taking up to a week after a game is released, which means no sweet sweet playfire rewards...

But is Indie Gala screwing them, or are these devs screwing themselves?

As much as I love all of those Greenlight bundles, I've never understood how devs make money and benefit from them. They are basically selling their game for mere cents the day it launches on Steam. That benefits me and it benefits Indie Gala certainly, but how does it benefit the people who make the games?

Ozium

But is Indie Gala screwing them, or are these devs screwing themselves?

As much as I love all of those Greenlight bundles, I've never understood how devs make money and benefit from them. They are basically selling their game for mere cents the day it launches on Steam. That benefits me and it benefits Indie Gala certainly, but how does it benefit the people who make the games?

the reason indiegala is targeted is because they make it more cheaper the more you buy in bulk... in regards to your questions as to why devs do it, it's because they want exposure and can't afford marketing departments or marketing campaigns

-MD-

Did anyone else get those Greenmangaming 25% or 20% vouchers to work for Dark Souls 2 DLC Season Pass? Saw a topic about it, when to go deposit some cash, come back and neither voucher seems to work at all. Gonna keep trying, for 18.50 or whatever, that's like getting one of the DLC free!

Edit: This is the topic with the vouchers. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853624

NRJ7PQ-XN44M2-C3Y170

That one worked for me.

the reason indiegala is targeted is because they make it more cheaper the more you buy in bulk... in regards to your questions as to why devs do it, it's because they want exposure and can't afford marketing departments or marketing campaigns
Can't see how that so-called "exposure" is healthy, profitable, or beneficial in any tangible way. They sell their game for literal pocket change, and for the most part, it goes unplayed and discarded because it's junk the consumer got by clinging a few coins together.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Sometimes dealing with disgruntled customers and spoiled teenagers has it perks. So glad I came into work today. :D

KnCcYt4.jpg

V6cEpzI.jpg

My girlfriend invited me to the Beta for this thing. Not my kinda game really since I shy away from multi-focused ones but playtime with her is important.

Just finished Deus Ex for the first time (i know, i know), all I can say is 2 things; 1) It was worth staying up until 03:50 for, and 2) it's straight to the top of the list of the best games i've played.

Better late than never :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The lack of a PC version has always baffled me as well. When the game was announced my friends and I said "obviously wait for the PC version." Then it never came. Guess we'll settle for PS4.

It'll hit the PC eventually. Acti doesn't hate money.

wilflare

I already own a 3DS and barely play it tho

that's because it's the 3DS - I have one too and most if not all the 3DS hits... and I still barely play it ><

I don't know what games you like... but Vita is JRPG and Indie games heaven. if you want rhythm, FPS - there's some really amazing titles on it too.

and it's probably one of the best places to play old PS1 games

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finished The Wolf Among Us.

Awesome game. Ep 3 was my favorite. Can't wait for season 2! Not sure what to play now.

Shadownet

Banned
My girlfriend invited me to the Beta for this thing. Not my kinda game really since I shy away from multi-focused ones but playtime with her is important.

You don't have to do Crucible, which is like CoD style multiplayer :) you can just go explore planets with her. That's why Destiny got a little something for almost everyone.

So do I. It collects dust.
I play my Vita pretty much daily.

You're like opposite of most people Lol. Most people I know let their Vita collect dust and play 3DS more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom