• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

8B9iuwo.jpg

I wonder which one I need to choose.

I don't get the Dino Crisis 3 joke.. or is that Lost Planet 3?

My man. That and Spelunky are all I play on vita, though I may pick up FFX at some point

P4G <3 <3 <3 <3

you totally ignored my Vitabro comment, frost
/disappointed
-i still love ya VitaMuffin-

---

is there a page where we can check all our received gift messages?
I realized I should have screencapped some

Sorry. <3 Wilflare and the Vita love.

Check your email. The gift message should show up in the "You received a gift!" messages that you received @ your email associated with your Steam account.

I'm on my 2nd playthrough trying to platinum it :p must have put 100 hours on it already

FFX, FFX-2 are in my backlog too, now that I see them mentioned. Ys Celceta, another Muramasa DLC, the Atelier games, and more.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I played it a ton before I got my PC, like... a LOT. I just don't really have the time to play what I want on both. I dunno.

I'm sort of in the same boat. Except I still buy a ton of games for it and never play them :|

I think it's a 23/33 split between games I've beaten and games I haven't finished on the 3DS. Though I think most of my problem is that I'm trying to slug my way through the bad Harvest Moon 3DS game and Animal Crossing, so I've sort of lost the will to play it right now.

My dad gave me his DS Lite once he moved on to the 3DS. You can probably guess how many games I've played on it.

Two.

Asscreed: Altair's Chronicles and Asscreed II: Discovery :p

can we end this 3ds vs vita debate with one piece of factual evidence as to which system is superior?

SMT IV is on 3ds, and not on Vita.

case closed

ZmMTOER.gif

smt iv is garbage

I like your reworking of that even more.

Elija2

Goddamnit, I just got all my Skyrim mods working together and now I have to add this one!

Can anyone give me a summary of the current restrictions for new, just-made Steam accounts? Like, any functions you can't access if you haven't bought a paid game, or any functions you need to be a certain community level to access at all? Also, in cases where your account needs at least one paid game, is an external key sufficient, or do you need to buy the game through Steam? Any restrictions about markets, trading, messaging, chatting, etc. I don't want to create a test account to try to figure it out if the information is listed anywhere.

Here's a complete summary.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Then what DR3 collectibles are you talking about?

The in-game ones, of course. The game can tie me over until Unity hits. :p

Can anyone give me a summary of the current restrictions for new, just-made Steam accounts? Like, any functions you can't access if you haven't bought a paid game, or any functions you need to be a certain community level to access at all? Also, in cases where your account needs at least one paid game, is an external key sufficient, or do you need to buy the game through Steam? Any restrictions about markets, trading, messaging, chatting, etc. I don't want to create a test account to try to figure it out if the information is listed anywhere.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663 Retail keys do indeed count.

Edit: Beaten.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The game is ok but not as good as 1 and 2. capcom was on something making that game.

+Jetpack!!!!
- Dinosaurs on Space and Robot Dinosaurs
- The camera changes at the worst times
- The Tank controls compared to the original is crap (Then again most of the problems come with the camera)
- The writing is goddamn awful
- I don't remember anything of the OST
- I don't remember the cast.
- Tons of deaths because of the fucking camera changes.

Jawmuncher

The game is ok but not as good as 1 and 2. capcom was on something making that game.

Meh is the highest rating I think I can ever give DC3 on a good day.
Setting alone just seems like they were out to go "How can we destroy this franchise?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus far Lost Planet 3 is not bad at all. Especially for the 12.50 I payed for it.
If it keeps up i'd recommend it to anyone who likes third person shooters and stories.

Lomax

Huh.
Bundle keys do not count.

Yeah, my girlfriend's account has like 30 games now including games gifted through steam and bundle keys and none count as a purchase so she still can't use the market at all. I considered buying the 1 cent DLC for Pinball Arcade over the summer sale to see if that would work but I wasn't sure if it would work.

Khronico

Setting alone just seems like they were out to go "How can we destroy this franchise?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus far Lost Planet 3 is not bad at all. Especially for the 12.50 I payed for it.
If it keeps up i'd recommend it to anyone who likes third person shooters and stories.

Yeah I really liked the story, atmosphere, and characters of LP3 but the gameplay was so bland that I couldn't justify playing through the entirety of it. I think playing the pc version would have helped since I wouldn't spend half my time in loading screens.

Yeah, my girlfriend's account has like 30 games now including games gifted through steam and bundle keys and none count as a purchase so she still can't use the market at all. I considered buying the 1 cent DLC for Pinball Arcade over the summer sale to see if that would work but I wasn't sure if it would work.
And you didn't take the chance for 1 cent because...? :)

Oh I know old Stally is joking. But he must have gotten that from somewhere. My god, the horrors that lurk outside of SteamGAF, I'll better leave the light on this thread open while sleeping.

Well of course, people always come up with creative ways of trying to convince others than playing on the PC is a terrible chore.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I really liked the story, atmosphere, and characters of LP3 but the gameplay was so bland that I couldn't justify playing through the entirety of it. I think playing the pc version would have helped since I wouldn't spend half my time in loading screens.

Yeah was about to say the biggest issue by far is the gameplay.
It's just pretty typical TPS with nothing standing out. Load Times are really quick on the PC though. Can't imagine how bad they were on consoles.

I'm still lost lol
so what's with the DC3 MB giveaways

It's either bad rats because he really knows DC3 is bad.
Or it's the real game because no one wants DC3.

masterkajo

I just got a 25% off code from GMG for the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass but it says it won't work with GMG credits. Is this a new policy? I was saving the credits to get the Season Pass and now it won't let me use them.

JaseC

Huh.
Bundle keys do not count.

Assuming that's true I'd wager it's limited to more recent Humble and IG keys since they're the only two sites that use the Oauth system -- it'd be quite easy for Valve to have the account restriction system consider such keys as ineligible purchases, however it's practically impossible for Steam to distinguish between, say, a key bought as part of a Bundle Stars bundle and one bought through the developer directly.

Jawmuncher

So I just tried CS:GO and got devastated in a casual match. I think you guys are going to have to teach me how to play this tomorrow

You're better off just jumping into a SteamGAF match and just going with the flow.
You're bound to pick up a bit after many matches of getting stomped. Though it might not be a good amount. Getting kills even when I aim right at someone is usually a toss up for me.

I just got a 25% off code from GMG for the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass but it says it won't work with GMG credits. Is this a new policy? I was saving the credits to get the Season Pass and now it won't let me use them.

Yep it's been the policy for awhile now and makes the credit pretty pointless now on bigger purchases.

Mono

I just got a 25% off code from GMG for the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass but it says it won't work with GMG credits. Is this a new policy? I was saving the credits to get the Season Pass and now it won't let me use the credits.

They've been doing that for a few months; credits don't stack with their vounchers anymore, presumably because of Playfire. :(

wilflare

So I just tried CS:GO and got devastated in a casual match. I think you guys are going to have to teach me how to play this tomorrow

I'm horrible at that game... :/
but I finally found a weapon where I can get a decent score.
Shotgun :/

horrible with the sniper rifles and everything else

Mozendo

If you play as CT go for the AUG, it's a great weapon.
If you play as a T the AK is good in short to medium-ish range.

And shoot in short bursts.

Turfster

Assuming that's true I'd wager it's limited to more recent Humble and IG keys since they're the only two sites that use the Oauth system -- it'd be quite easy for Valve to have the account restriction system consider such keys as ineligible purchases, however it's practically impossible for Steam to distinguish between, say, a key bought as part of a Bundle Stars bundle and a key bought through the developer directly.

The batmans for example from the WB humble bundle are listed as "Retail" (along with a couple of others), but they don't count.
(my colleague's account has bundle games from all the major bundles, but can't sell anything on the market)

Asses are handed in that game quite often.

You're better off just jumping into a SteamGAF match and just going with the flow.
You're bound to pick up a bit after many matches of getting stomped. Though it might not be a good amount. Getting kills even when I aim right at someone is usually a toss up for me.

I'm horrible at that game... :/
but I finally found a weapon where I can get a decent score.
Shotgun :/

horrible with the sniper rifles and everything else

If you play as CT go for the AUG, it's a great weapon.
If you play as a T the AK is good in short to medium-ish range.

And shoot in short bursts.

I think I am too embarrassed to ever play again

Hmmm, not sure what that translate to, since "meh" isn't really a word. :p
I really wonder what that game is then... Cheddahz, I might hate you.

Are you being serious or sarcastic? Because I don't remember the controls on that game ever being particularly good.

How can it have bad controls? It uses the analog stick as an arcade stick. So it's pretty much the same as playing on a Q*Bert cabinet? I don't have any real problems with it after what I played of it yesterday.

JaseC

The batmans for example from the WB humble bundle are listed as "Retail" (along with a couple of others), but they don't count.
(my colleague's account has bundle games from all the major bundles, but can't sell anything on the market)

Odd. There are no Humble-specific subs for the WB games and I find it hard to believe that Valve maintains a huge database of all the retail keys that have gone to bundle sites.

Edit: Can he vote on Greenlight, send friend invites or chat to people? If so then his account isn't stuck in new user status.

How can it have bad controls? It uses the analog stick as an arcade stick. So it's pretty much the same as playing on a Q*Bert cabinet? I don't have any real problems with it after what I played of it yesterday.
Don't get me wrong: I love the game (the classic version anyway - haven't tried it on Steam yet), but I can easily see how newbie kids would cry about "bad controls." They are clunky by today's standards.

Jawmuncher

Hmmm, not sure what that translate to, since "meh" isn't really a word. :p
I really wonder what that game is then... Cheddahz, I might hate you.

That's how much I dislike it.
Even on a good day I can't translate my feelings with a real word.
Though I had to enter for it since i'm curious what's getting related to it.

Ehh just keep playing you'll get git. I just ignore all the peps who say mokoi you suck. lol

Thanks! Haha yeah I've played quite a bit of battlefield on console so I am used to hearing how my atomic matter is wasted on me. I'll keep at it

Mozendo said:
Yeah, that's normal.
My first CS:GO match I was insulted a lot because I didn't have the eye of a hawk and catlike reflexes.

Just play hostage casual to get better, tons of newbies play there.
Thanks, I'll try that

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Thanks for the explicit confirmation that neither gifts nor bundles work. That's very interesting. So if I want a fully functional Steam bot (no, I don't have anything working yet, I'm just spitballing--I'm going to have about 2-3 free weeks next month stuck visiting family and that makes me want to have a big programming project), it's going to cost me at least like 20 cents during a Steam sale. Bummer.

Turfster

Edit: Can he vote on Greenlight, send friend invites or chat to people? If so then his account isn't stuck in new user status.

Huh, possibly the market is uncoupled from the "new" user.
He can, apparently.
Still weird that some bundle keys that weren't added with the OAuth system that are "retail" don't count as "buying something"

Ozium

I think you need to have given money to valve directly in order to use their marketplace as a means of verification. So $5.. and then you can use the market a week or so later

liezryou

Thanks for the explicit confirmation that neither gifts nor bundles work. That's very interesting. So if I want a fully functional Steam bot (no, I don't have anything working yet, I'm just spitballing--I'm going to have about 2-3 free weeks next month stuck visiting family and that makes me want to have a big programming project), it's going to cost me at least like 20 cents during a Steam sale. Bummer.

I may have 1 or 2 extra accounts that have the new user restriction lifted (I think). I could donate one to the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom