• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Going back at Skyrim talk.

The dialogue is uninteresting, the animations are still terrible, the combat is poor but because it has an absurdly huge (full of mostly shit) world a lot of things are forgiven with the game. No I dont care the game has 500 dungeons and over 5000 trees or crab enemies because the core gameplay is mediocre.

To say something positive: The spells are O.K.

woah.. where is that gif from?
:O wait... did you sacrifice all those maidens to give us this giveaway? :O

gah... I want to.. especially to get them cases to sell

Still rolling with the LOST theme in here. And I gave up on the maidens, so just sacrificed my bank account instead. Ah well!

Just finished Deus Ex for the first time (i know, i know), all I can say is 2 things; 1) It was worth staying up until 03:50 for, and 2) it's straight to the top of the list of the best games i've played.

Better late than never :D

Welcome to the clan, brother. It really is that good.

I've done at least one playthrough a year, every year, since I was in high school. I still find things I never knew before.

Mono

The dialogue is uninteresting, the animations are still terrible, the combat is poor but because it has an absurdly huge (full of mostly shit) world a lot of things are forgiven with the game. No I dont care the game has 500 dungeons and over 5000 trees or crab enemies because the core gameplay is mediocre.

Mods, though!

wilflare

I saw something similar regarding Resident Evil: Revelations. 3DS was the system the game was created for therefore you should play 3DS Version.

I almost cried.

Is there a mod to make the gameplay not crap?

and... haha the best part is... it's said here on GAF
that exact reasoning why you should play Revelations on 3DS

I tried playing it with the Circle Pad Pro... nope :/

I played for the first time on PS3. The PC version can do no wrong in my eyes!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC talking as if he doesn't preorder every game on steam. -_-'

Games that don't have pre-order goodies don't deserve to be pre-ordered. :p But I'll probably wind up pre-ordering DR3 anyway since it has a ton of collectables.

Cheddahz

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dino Crisis 3 -- MB-74429E62D08FFDB5 - Taken by Servizio. 11 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-F96D8122403E1A50 - Taken by WhiskeyDiver. 9 entrants total.
ReignMaker -- MB-A455BDB671A94F7F - Taken by Lomax. 7 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-38217282A34AC61A - Taken by ricochetguro. 37 entrants total.

t1405146356z1.png
Only one of the games I listed is the actual game, so go have fun!

Mozendo

I've been thinking of co-oping SystemShock 2, is it a fun experience?
I keep dying.
I've spent so much time in the first map with enemies;_;

liezryou

Games that don't have pre-order goodies don't deserve to be pre-ordered. :p But I'll probably wind up pre-ordering DR3 anyway since it has a ton of collectables.

You mean like physical? :O

I miss the days where all the preorders would come with tf2 items.

Lomax

Yes! What happened to this? For a while tons of games were getting TF2 items and then it just died. I figured Dota2 items would at least replace it, but I guess we're supposed to be happy with trading cards now. I remember when Skullgirls tried to do the item for the indiegogo and they said Valve was too busy making items to do theirs, but it sure doesn't seem like they do it at all any more.

I have both so I can switch back and forth between the two depending on what kinda mood I'm in at the time. My Vita does tend to get way more use though outside of a few games on my 3DS. (Kirby Triple Deluxe and SMTIV) I have a 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB Memory Card for Vita and they are all filled!! -_-. Thankfully the only memory card I actually bought was my 16GB which I got for like 20$ during a sale. My brother passed down his 32GB to me when he imported his own 64GB <3

Brother.

liezryou

Yes! What happened to this? For a while tons of games were getting TF2 items and then it just died. I figured Dota2 items would at least replace it, but I guess we're supposed to be happy with trading cards now. I remember when Skullgirls tried to do the item for the indiegogo and they said Valve was too busy making items to do theirs, but it sure doesn't seem like they do it at all any more.

The item that came with the preorder of Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse is now worth around 55 keys.

volvo bring back preorder tf2 rewards pls

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That was a fun little run where it seemed like every mid level game had a TF2 item. I liked it and I don't even play TF2. I really hate when preorder bonuses are actual missions or gameplay content, but when it's just stupid bonus stuff that only makes any sense to fans of the game I love it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Physical pre-order goodies? Ew! ;)

It still happens -- it's just not as popular as it once was. The most recent game to do item incentives was Wolf14 (TF2) and before that Thi4f (Dota 2).

Lomax

It seemed like for a while they were adding items even for games we already had, I remember getting Faerie Solitaire items and items for all the Total War games among others. That was the beginning of my Steam wallet and then trading cards came along and I haven't spent any money out of pocket on Steam since.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can anyone give me a summary of the current restrictions for new, just-made Steam accounts? Like, any functions you can't access if you haven't bought a paid game, or any functions you need to be a certain community level to access at all? Also, in cases where your account needs at least one paid game, is an external key sufficient, or do you need to buy the game through Steam? Any restrictions about markets, trading, messaging, chatting, etc. I don't want to create a test account to try to figure it out if the information is listed anywhere.

Turfster

Can anyone give me a summary of the current restrictions for new, just-made Steam accounts? Like, any functions you can't access if you haven't bought a paid game, or any functions you need to be a certain community level to access at all? Also, in cases where your account needs at least one paid game, is an external key sufficient, or do you need to buy the game through Steam? Any restrictions about markets, trading, messaging, chatting, etc. I don't want to create a test account to try to figure it out if the information is listed anywhere.

You need at least one paid game, which means actually bought on Steam. Keys don't count.
You can't sell stuff on the market until you bought something, but you can trade if you haven't.

Ozium

you can't use the market for like 10 days until after you've put money in your steam wallet.. you can have an account with 1 f2p game (like tf2) and can friend people, message...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom