• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
my rarest achievements are all goat simulator ones which I got for playfire rewards except one which is for conga dancing in TF2 (.75% of all players have that one..)

yep
Same here, all but two are Goat Simulator, then there's a Batman: Oranges one for taking no damage as Bruce Wayne and a South Park one for interrupting attacks with farts.

x1nCfJP.jpg

I swear to god that i only played Ravaged because i wanted the Steam Cards thats why i only killed zombies with the crowbar (and its the rarest achievement lol).

Rest is 2 Magicka, 1 DOD:S, 1 Borderlands and 1 KF.

Also where can i see the game where i have every achievement? I have like thousands of games and i dont want to scroll trough all of them.

Damn, you're right. It an ES functionality.
So I can only set card images as background? Cannot find that option when watching my cards. Or is that also only available from a certain Level?

You get backgrounds for games by crafting their badge. Those are also present as inventory items, because you can sell them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Woldenstein New Order
prison escape
level

franco-so-good.gif

finally
with the Resistance
3-4 hours in, been playing it slowly

Shadownet

Banned
There is an official neogaf payday 2 group. The more you know

Chariot am cry

What is this grinding that you are talking about?

Sorry I should have clarify. I mean like a SteamGAF group. Just like make a little list somewhere which SteamGAF members play Payday 2. Etc..

That was - what? - like one day of not playing and I am already forgotten?

ike57bWmNzwsH.gif

Yes, you will be forgotten if you don't rob a bank at least once per day.

<3 forgive me brother. It was 3am. My brain was on vacation then. Lol

user237

It seems that I'm not able to post a buy order on an item, if that item has zero sell orders in the system.

Am I missing something?

So I have to craft badges first. But I cannot get all necessary cards alone and have to trade/buy.
Valve thought of everything.
I think they went overboard with that; I could get into badges more if they were implemented in a way that seemed less like an effortless cash grab. Only being able to get half the cards required for a given badge is fine on its own, but when you factor in that each normal badge has 5 levels you're actually only getting a tenth of what you need if you want to get to that, on top of the foils being a thing alongside them. No thanks.

Copons

Christ, I noticed that 4 out of 6 of my Rarest Achievements are from One Finger Death Punch and 1 from Cook, Serve, Delicious!

Now, you guys oughta immediately stop playing your AAA and waifu crap and start one of these two indisputably GOATs, or else!

also new avatar! i'm gonna call it Dolan Cat, but you cannot call her like this because she would take it badly :(

Milamber

We need more nakige on Steam! If 18+ is already okay to Valve, why isn't Katawa Shoujo on yet?

Maybe a more official announcement with a proper identification and age gating system is still in the works.

If you want, you can look through my inventory to see if there's a background you like, I've got a billion from my crafting sprees and would not miss them.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Eastondark
Thanks, will look into it.
I think they went overboard with that; I could get into badges more if they were implemented in a way that seemed less like an effortless cash grab. Only being able to get half the cards required for a given badge is fine on its own, but when you factor in that each normal badge has 5 levels you're actually only getting a tenth of what you need if you want to get to that, on top of the foils being a thing alongside them. No thanks.
Wat? There are layers of badges? So when I come around trading/buying my missing cards and crafting the badge there's still more that can be done?
Sounds like one could spend more time with cards/badges than actual games.

Chariot

We need more nakige on Steam! If 18+ is already okay to Valve, why isn't Katawa Shoujo on yet?

Maybe a more official announcement with a proper identification and age gating system is still in the works.
Even a cencored version would be fine as long as we keep our burned shrimp.

Mono

Seriously! Is that group even still around to try to get it on Steam, though? I bet they could do it if they wanted to.

saunderez

Wat? There are layers of badges? So when I come around trading/buying my missing cards and crafting the badge there's still more that can be done?
Sounds like one could spend more time with cards/badges than actual games.

Well yeah, you can craft each badge 5 times to max out its level. I like to do it for sets of cards that are cheap when I've got a new game that is giving me high value drops. Craft the same badge 5x and that's 500XP (plus the bonuses you get for crafting).

Here's one I prepared earlier.

0ML38Th.png

Milamber

Katawa Shoujo has a non-eroge mode in the options so it can be easily implemented to Steam.

Oh well, when Hatoful Boyfriend finally hits Steam soon, the feels will be numerous once they hit the second part of that game.

Shadownet

Banned

Yeah I saw that picture too. As a guy who is studying criminals, and the human psyche in college. Even that is a little too much for me..

Using Human skeleton in your waifu...

Seem like an episode of Criminal Minds.
love that show!

saunderez

Far Cry 2 is super good, can't believe I hadn't played it yet, damn you backlog.... is Far Cry 3 as good as 2?

IMO Far Cry 3 is a hell of a lot better than Far Cry 2. It's not even a contest because I hated so much about Far Cry 2. Whoever thought of the malaria mechanic and the respawning checkpoints needs their head checked.

Well yeah, you can craft each badge 5 times to max out its level. I like to do it for sets of cards that are cheap when I've got a new game that is giving me high value drops. Craft the same badge 5x and that's 500XP (plus the bonuses you get for crafting).

Here's one I prepared earlier.

0ML38Th.png
Can you sell those for high prices or what is the motivation?
Not meaning to sound condescending, I actually think about trying out to craft badges, too.
I just would like to know what the benefits are.

saunderez

Blood Dragon beats them both...

Its a toss up for me. I love how ridiculously scary the Blood Dragons are but I still think overall I had more fun playing Far Cry 3. That wingsuit was awesome.

Not meaning to sound condescending, I actually think about trying out to craft badges, too.

Honestly its just a way to get your Steam level up without crafting a bunch of different badges. I craft the same badge 5 times and then I move onto a new game. Steam level impacts your chances for booster pack drops so there is a long term reward, but it's probably not worth it. I dunno I think I'm just addicted. Steam sale time is the best time to do your crafting because of the constant stream of free card drops. I was constantly selling Summer Sale cards and buying other cheaper cards with the proceeds.

Jadax

You can't sell badges, it's all cosmetic + you get some extras (chance for background, emoticon for that game + more space in the friend-list).

Far Cry 2 is super good, can't believe I hadn't played it yet, damn you backlog.... is Far Cry 3 as good as 2?
I love Far Cry 2 and thought 3 was just complete mediocrity throughout. The general reception to 2 is poor and it seems Ubisoft took that to heart and went overboard on reacting to the criticisms for 3's design to the point that you're really just playing this bland open world game about collecting junk as a distraction for going on fairly linear plot missions with awful characters throughout.

So while 2 was a real diamond in the rough, they ended up turning 3 into, well, an Ubisoft game.

I've only played XCOM Enemy Unknown on the Humble 2K Bundle. Should I go all in for 20$ for Bioshock Infinite (Owned XCOM already) or just aim for the BTA and get the Ys games. I felt like all I have been playing for the past few weeks are JRPGs so I'm trying to balance things out and prevent a JRPG fatigue.

Honestly its just a way to get your Steam level up without crafting a bunch of different badges. I craft the same badge 5 times and then I move onto a new game. Steam level impacts your chances for booster pack drops so there is a long term reward, but it's probably not worth it. I dunno I think I'm just addicted.
You can't sell badges, it's all cosmetic + you get some extras (chance for background, emoticon for that game + more space in the friend-list).
Ah, ok. Guess I'll try to craft one badge at least. Don't think I'll do it often but reaching a certain level seems to be necessary to unlock all steam functionalities.
Ok, maybe a couple badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom