• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

Ah, ok. Guess I'll try to craft one badge at least. Don't think I'll do it often but reaching a certain level seems to be necessary to unlock all steam functionalities.
Ok, maybe a couple badges.

Just don't get addicted to it and you'll be fine. I only started crafting not all that long before the Steam sale and I went from level 11 to level ~40 during the sale. Dat addiction.

The progress indicator is constantly taunting me to craft another card. The joke here is if I craft another card I'll still be 1XP short.

sQm6gvR.png

Phinor

ootp15suuq4.png

Based JaseC/Lenin.
Now on to actually not playing the game ever

I'd love to get into that game and learn it properly. I used to play a ton of Eastside Hockey Manager (2007) but that game is almost officially too old and Franchise Hockey Manager just isn't good enough. I've never had any desire to watch baseball but still OOTP is tempting me. Maybe Moneyball is part of the reason, that movie is truly excellent and again, I don't know anything about baseball.

user237

I think the card market is a kind of differential pricing.

One person buys a game for $5 and then completes the badge by buying 4 cards for 20 cents each, costing $5.80.

Another buys the game for $5 and then sells four cards for 20 cents each, costing $4.20.

This is a way to get a little more money out of the first customer while letting the second customer get the game a little cheaper.

aku:jiki

Just don't get addicted to it and you'll be fine. I only started crafting not all that long before the Steam sale and I went from level 11 to level ~40 during the sale. Dat addiction.
A good rule, I think, is to only craft badges for games you really like. You'll reach a good Steam level over time, and it won't even take very long, doing that.

I wanted to rush mine so now I have a bunch of crap badges I kinda regret getting.

derbene

Neo Member
IMO Far Cry 3 is a hell of a lot better than Far Cry 2. It's not even a contest because I hated so much about Far Cry 2. Whoever thought of the malaria mechanic and the respawning checkpoints needs their head checked.

I just bought FC3 during Summer Sale and played it only for about an hour. Was really impressed by the game during this first minutes. Never heard anything good about FC2, thats why I skipped it.

saunderez

A good rule, I think, is to only craft badges for games you really like. You'll reach a good Steam level over time, and it won't even take very long, doing that.

I wanted to rush mine so now I have a bunch of crap badges I kinda regret getting.

I generally abide by that rule and stick with games that I actually like. I have a few badges for crappy games but because I tend to max the badges out it has minimised the number of them.

Beelzebubs

I just craft the badges for every game I own. I'm a bit OCD I think. Luckily I only have around 150 games and only about 60 that are eligible for badges.

Knurek

I've never had any desire to watch baseball but still OOTP is tempting me. Maybe Moneyball is part of the reason, that movie is truly excellent and again, I don't know anything about baseball.

Truthfact - baseball is the most boring sport devised by mankind.
Manga baseball is where it's at - just read Cross Game, H2 or Touch, and you should be good to go.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played about 1 hour of Claire, the recently released 2d horror game, here's some initial thoughts for those that care:

Claire plays and looks a lot like other 2d horror games like Home or Lone Survivor. It borrows a lot of its vibe from Silent Hill (as did Lone Survivor), with its hellish / dirty hospital hallways and constant shifts in realities. You play as the titular Claire, a young woman that has constant horrific nightmares about her childhood and has her mother in the hospital for some unknown reason. Shit goes sideways fast and its never explained why you are stuck in this hellish reality, you just are.

You play in a 2d plane, can pick up and interract with objects with the X button, jump with the A button, and point your flashlight around with the right analog stick. You also have your dog Anubis with you all the time, he doesnt do much besides growl when there are monsters nearby, but hes important for several story beats. That is about all you can do, there doesnt seem to be any combat so whenever a creepy monster shows up, you have to book it and either hide (theres a few lockers and whatnot you can use) or just get yourself a few rooms away from said monster.

You have a map, which after you understand how the 2d plane works with doors in the background and foreground its easy to navigate. It also points out save points, locked doors, closed off passages or objectives, im actually surprised how good the map is.

There is also a inventory where you can check your health and mental state (I dont know what the mental state does, I dont think its changed yet), eat food to increase your health or mental state, check notes you catch in various places and check what your objectives are. The game is quite good in pointing you in the direction of where to go next or what to do, which I really like, and is quite a lot better than Lone Survivor in that sense.

Its probably my favorite "2d silent hill" so far, and if that sounds like something that would interest you, or if you liked Home and/or Lone Survivor, keep an eye out for it in a sale or something, it makes a great first impression at least.

tioslash

Well yeah I could buy another game or use one of the free games that gives 1XP. I think I might have most of the freebies though.

NEVER! If I get Bad Rats it will be through a mystery raffle likes the gods intended.

Someome will gift it to you now. And you´ll have to accept it, it´s how this works.

UncleBiz

well that sucks, finally won some m&m money, but it seems like they got rid of the prepaid card option. there's only the $6 off cable bill option, and i don't have cable. welp

New Indiegala bundle is up.

For $3.99 the first 24 hours you can pick up 13 amazing steam games

First Tier $1 and get 4 awesome games!

Ice cream surfer (DESURA) also on Greenlight
Pressured (DESURA)
Konung 2 (STEAM)
Mata Hari (STEAM)

Beat the average price of $3.99 for the first 24 hours to get all 13 games

Konung 3 (STEAM)
El Matador (STEAM)
Perimeter (STEAM)
The Culling Of The Cows (STEAM)
Labyrinthine Dreams (STEAM)
Sweet Lily Dreams (STEAM)

PLUS 3 SPECIAL UNLOCKS STILL TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Ozium

not bad. and by not bad, I mean "I dont have some of those games, better than usual" >_>

almost bought El Matador during the summer sale too

waiting for soul gambler and super panda adventure keys from indiegala... every other bundle site has given them out, indiegala will probably give them out in a week or two..

I fucking hate indiegala

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-365D93FBD2194419 - Taken by Yrael. 2 entrants total.
Mata Hari -- MB-F9591C53E523B293 - Taken by _hekk05. 3 entrants total.

t1405166852z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-457B310DAE2A4408 - Taken by DarkMehm. 4 entrants total.
Mata Hari -- MB-B8BA307C563FFD82 - Taken by someguyinahat. 4 entrants total.
T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-3712435148475D11 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.

t1405167692z1.png

Rhaknar

Inframan, did your journey to 1k games actually end with bad rats?

edit: noone took sweet lily dreams really? its quite recent. did the pony scare you lol

Volcynika

Oy. Everyone has redeemed my Ys giveaway games aside from one person, PM'd to try and see if they had an issue but not response yet. *waits*

Teppic

I've been very lucky with the giveaways I've entered lately. Won SpeedRunners from Fuzzification yestetday. I will have to do a small giveaway soon.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-1CD22D05DEF9093B - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.

t1405168533z1.png

Have some furry.

Sendou

Thinking about using SAM to unlock a few achievements that never unlocked even when I did what was required for them. Any reason not to?

Rhaknar

Thinking about using SAM to unlock a few achievements that never unlocked even when I did what was required for them. Any reason not to?

GMG will probably ban you

Yep, Bad Rats was my game number 1000 :p

Here is my old post about it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89849267&postcount=16511

I didnt do anything special for my 1k :/ Maybe I should for 2k? its close enough as it is...

But what does Raharlot think?

CZm3sbp.png
CZm3sbp.png
CZm3sbp.png

youre loving this arent you >_>

saunderez

Extra furry in case you didn't get your furry fix in one of the earlier giveaways

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-6BADAA61E98F8C80 - Taken by kudoboi

Tektonic

Sweet! Lily Dreams. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-88636B5EBF718528 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.

t1405170152z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom