• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

Yay, won Ys: The Oath in Felghana! Thank you very much for this Tizoc. Read great things about it in this very thread (and previous ones) so I'm excited :D

BruteUA

Just got a kickstarter update - the Shadowgate remake is planned to ship next month!

I was probably around 9 years old, this game was the only time I ever called the Nintendo Game Counselors or whatever they were called because I was stuck. When I buy this game I'll probably end up paying less than what that phone call cost.

Speevy

Banned
Oh no.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-A85959C8E5BFCC32 - Taken by Caerith. 11 entrants total.

t1405190434z1.png

dot

I'm in for Sanic! At least that one seems more easy to do good in...lol

XXIGaWv.png

I just sold my operation breakout case and this was my new wallet balance.

Bored as hell, 2 hours left before Brazil - Netherlands, let's have a competition.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Top 3 winners win a game, I don't know what game, might be shit games, bundle games or whatever, I can't bother listing them or so right now.

#1: DunderHassan
#2: KenOD
#3: Vazduh
#4:
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

Speedrunners:

Win 1 single level against me (3x wins).

#2: Kiru
#3: Iosefe
#4: Daedalos42

If we dont fill the spots in 50 mins, competition ends. We'll play the game which have all spots filled first. (who knows though, might be able to do both)

I'm in for Sonic dammit.

derbene

Neo Member
Bored as hell, 2 hours left before Brazil - Netherlands, let's have a competition.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Top 3 winners win a game, I don't know what game, might be shit games, bundle games or whatever, I can't bother listing them or so right now.

#2: KenOD
#3: Vazduh
#4:
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

Count me in for Sonic Racing.

AHA-Lambda

Hmm, currently playing Always Sometimes Monsters and it's well...weird, I don't know how to describe it really. The best comparison I can make so far is it seems like Cart Life but where Cart Life made the mundane tense this is just boring.

I'm at day 4 of a presumed 30 and it feels sort of aimless in direction, as the game really does just sort of drop you in on things very suddenly, a little easing in and time to build context for the world around you would have helped immersion I feel so far. Currently my only main goal is to buy the end of the month get to my ex's wedding somewhere else along the country. Why the hell do I even want to go to my ex's wedding though, surely being invited to it is kinda dickish and I should be able to just ignore this? But even if I can I'm not sure what the ultimate goal then ultimately is?

I admit I played this already at Rezzed and wasn't impressed back then, but this game did seem to get good reviews and I chalked up my experience to be that this is the sort of game that really doesn't sit well in an expo setting. One thing that did stay constant however is the games love of meta humour which was cringe worthy in the expo demo and is still so here, with one scene in particular on games journalism that is about as subtle as a brick to the face.

PS: I died on the second day cos I went to sleep without eating >_>

Dr Dogg

I think I've died about 30 times in total so far in Shovel Knight, then I got to Polar Knight's stage. Yeah I really wasn't on my game there, I was more like a bottomless pit seeking magnet. I'm quite liking how each stage so far has a slightly different traversal mechanic(s) to get you through the levels. The rainbow spewing statues and clumps of snow you knock down on to spikes were Polar Knight's new hook but some precision pogo platforming as well as the old ice stage = lack of friction convention added up to my massive death count. The boss fight on the other hand was a piece of cake.

I noted something Salsa said earlier in the last thread and I've noticed that I am also rationing out my playtime in fear this game will end. Despite all it's other influences it makes me wish we still had 2D Castlevania games on the cards :(

Well yeah, it's an anime game. Animu emoticons, backgrounds, and cards are very valuable because reasons. Mainly weeb reasons that I completely understand :p

I can just imagine how bananas certain sections of this thread would go if PacaPlus got emotes and backgrounds. Sorry I meant more bananas!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I can just imagine how bananas certain sections of this thread would go if PacaPlus got emotes and backgrounds. Sorry I meant more bananas!

If Paca Plus gets cards, it'll be the first anime game where I don't actually sell them. I might even be tempted to go for the foil badge.

Enco

I don't get Shovel Knight.

What makes people like it so much?

Is it just because of the nostalgia or does the game do something really well?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't get Shovel Knight.

What makes people like it so much?

Is it just because of the nostalgia or does the game do something really well?

Controls well, Retro Look, great sense of humor and fun to play. There is the nostalgia because of the visuals but it doesn't change the fact the game is well crafted and its quite unique despite going for a nostalgic look.

kiyomi

Started and played through the entireity of Portal. Great way for me to begin learning how to properly use M+K. Oh, and it's a freaking awesome game too.

Thinking about starting Metro 2033 next..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom