• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I checked out what the Sunlight Maggot was, and I'm heading back to Blighttown to go to Demon Ruins. I made it to the first bonfire somehow in Tomb of the Giants which is a warp, so now I can go grab the sunlight maggot. Only thing I'm not feeling right now is having to go down Blighttown again since I have no warp past this place.

Just take the
water-wheel
shortcut and Blighttown isn't so bad. Also, once you're done with
Quelaag
check for the
illusory wall in the belltower area
to find the
covenant warp bonfire

Divius

pKSlqny.png
Woo! First time I caught your post in time, in stead of seeing it after you guys are already done playing. It's in the middle of the night for me though, so I won't be joining :( Maybe some other time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Us elitist Steam users would rather die then be caught playing something on Desura.

So I've noticed >_>

Anyone looking forward to Darkwood? http://store.steampowered.com/app/274520

Been waitin for it forever it seems. Pretty sure it's coming out next week.

Motte Island looks similar to it and I completely missed it when it released a few months ago. Was thinking about picking it up in the meanwhile.

Yeah, it looks sort of interesting. It's not something that I feel inclined to pick up early after release, but it looks like it has potential.

Hugstable

Banned
pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405218600z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

You know I'm already down to play tonight :D

drotahorror

very much so, one of my most wanted games atm

Me too, been super anxious to play it. I was this way with The Forest though as well. Bought it on release and never played it for real until about a week ago. I hope I enjoy Darkwood more.

Yeah, it looks sort of interesting. It's not something that I feel inclined to pick up early after release, but it looks like it has potential.

It's early access anyway so maybe it would be best to wait til atleast release.

Very much so, I recall they pushed it back last-minute and have been twiddling my thumbs ever since.

That was a bummer for sure. I really hope Darkwood is amazing. I don't know why I responded to all these replies haha. tired.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why do Long Live the Queen trading cards sell for so much? It's a pretty cheap game.

I'll idle in it and see if I can pick up a couple indies. Anyone played Bleed? It looks cool and I have a 50% off coupon for it.

73V3N

Banned
Why do Long Live the Queen trading cards sell for so much? It's a pretty cheap game.

I'll idle in it and see if I can pick up a couple indies. Anyone played Bleed? It looks cool and I have a 50% off coupon for it.

i've seen that happen with every "anime looking" game

the exceed cards were selling for a lot too

Teppic

A small giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Micy Roll (Desura) -- MB-E13B27ADBD25D376 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Blade Symphony -- MB-19211BD0C9FBD416 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 12 entrants total.
Coldfire Keep -- MB-3BC80ACA1C23B5E0 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
KAMI -- MB-E6B35091610D2073 - Taken by kudoboi. 1 entrants total.
Bardbarian -- MB-B100853A787F8AB0 - Taken by bronson. 6 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-482DB997A5266E38 - Taken by masterkajo. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-29F8A1DCE998695E - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.

t1405189055z1.png

Happy hunting

Nbnt is odd(in a good way). I was afk in mirror's edge and when I finished playing I see I got a message, nbnt gave me a copy of this game as well. thanks man <3

but on the topic of games, I'm enjoying my time with it a lot. I'm a little more than half way now. Story is really EH imo. Like I couldn't care less whats going on. Running is still just as fun but I'll admit sometimes it takes me a few minutes to realize how to get to certain points that I need to go(an example is when you had to chase a free runner, I didn't realize there was an entrance to go to where he fell, I kept trying to figure out a way to get over the gate. Was getting extremely frustrated. lol). But yea its not very combat heavy but like I said sometimes I get stuck so I just say fuck it and run up to the cops, take on of their guns and kill the others for I can figure it out how to get to point B peace :p

Chariot

Games with animestyle characters generally have good selling background, emoticons and cards.

Played Speedrunners with Kiru and Possum and damn that game is fun!

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405218600z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

i'm in if I am still awake!

Bored as hell, 2 hours left before Brazil - Netherlands, let's have a competition.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Top 3 winners win a game, I don't know what game, might be shit games, bundle games or whatever, I can't bother listing them or so right now.

#1: DunderHassan
#2: KenOD
#3: Vazduh
#4: Relax.MX
#5: PrematureQuiche
#6: freshVeggie
#7: derbene
#8: Sajjaja
#9: Deques
#10: Ruruja

Speedrunners:

Win 1 single level against me (3x wins).

#2: Kiru
#3: Iosefe
#4: Daedalos42

If we dont fill the spots in 50 mins, competition ends. We'll play the game which have all spots filled first. (who knows though, might be able to do both)

Anteater

I'm having so much fun with tomb raider legend, surprisingly there are a lot of fighting, I didn't expect that because I remember people shitting on TR2013 for having a lot of gun fights, there are actually some stages focused on just killing shit and fighting bosses in Legend, but they are straight forward and over the top.

Erebus

Just a quick question concerning the Family Sharing thing.

After authorizing and sharing my library with a remote computer, will resetting Steam Guard automatically deauthorize the other (remote) PC?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Bored as hell, 2 hours left before Brazil - Netherlands, let's have a competition.

Top 3 winners win a game, I don't know what game, might be shit games, bundle games or whatever, I can't bother listing them or so right now.

#2:
#3:
#4:
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

If we dont fill the spots in 50 mins, competition cancelled.

I always enjoy a good kart race, I'm in.

iosefe

#2: iosefe
#3: Kiru
#4:

If we dont fill the spots in 50 mins, competition ends. We'll play the game which have all spots filled first. (who knows though, might be able to do both)

bonjour
time for that rematch

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

#3:
#4:
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

Speedrunners:

#3:
#4:

I'll play in SpeedRunners. Rematch time! :p

rtcn63

I would consider joining you in Sonic All-Stars, but I'm positive I would suck and only end up in last place. This has been true of all things, since the beginning of things all.

And it begins! I'll set up a stream for Speedrunners as well, I'll invite you to Speedrunners momentarily.

Keep taking a spot for Sonic though, might be able to play it as well.

BruteUA

I'm still experimenting with times and it sounds like this late is unpopular. I'll make it earlier in the day tomorrow by around 3-4 hours. Hopefully it works out better for everyone.

You may get a good crowd tonight, see some people that can't get on earlier. Don't mind me at all, I'm just a cranky old man that has to work way too early in the morning.

L.O.R.D

#4:
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

Speedrunners:

when the race begin ?

i am in

Relax.MX

#4:
#5:
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:

Speedrunners:

Im in, last time i was second!!

Hugstable

Banned
If I can only pick up one game between Teslagrad and Speedrunners, which do you think would be the most enjoyable investment of $10? I got $15 left in my Steam Wallet and going to buy the Payday 2 Courier Mod DLC and I've seen good impressions for both Teslagrad and Speedrunners. I just want this last bit of M&M money to go to something great. Right now I'm leaning towards Speedrunners since it's looks like a pretty fun multiplayer game that doesn't take too long to enjoy. Plus I like speedrunning games like Dustforce.

Dr Dogg

Thanks for the impressions Stallion.

I didn't mind Murdered although the combat wasn't worthwhile at all (especially when restarting at a checkpoint was faster than using the mechanics to hide) and the ending felt really rushed and had about
3 twists in the space of 10 minutes
. It came across as a troubled game but I really don't know what SE would have expected as the type of game that. Murdered is wasn't going to appeal to a massive audience.

Definitely going to have to pick up Valiant Hearts sometime and really should get back on Child of Light once I've thinned the backlog a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom