• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Hopefully this key is valid. If it isn't sorry =S

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Really Big Sky -- MB-0A0DF11EFD92A258 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

t1405225235z1.png

Was trying to get back into my Planescape: Torment playthrough but there's crazy flickering with the widescreen mod not matter what resolution I pick. The background desktop keeps coming into the game window, anyone know what to do? Google search had a guy with issues at 1920x1200 but his solution which was changing it to 1680x1050 didn't help at all for me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This should be punishable by death.
Or at least a serious maiming.

Can't man love another man's looks?

Wait that didnt come out right...
Nah I would bang

I also dislike his videos but seeing you guys bothered by it makes it funny. I'm Yandere I guess.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you guys talking about Pewdiepie? I found out about him like last year, I decided to watch one of his videos out of curiosity to see why he was so popular... he wasn't my cup of tea at all. The video actually annoyed me >.>

I assume his videos do that to most people over the age of 16. Because those montage videos he makes are a terrifying look into popular comedy.

I remember that one of them starts out with an Amnesia mod, he's sees a monster, there's a pause with a rape joke, and then he yells so loud that it'll make your ears bleed. It's not great.

Holding off on checking out footage, I will say that I'm going into this game with no expectations other than the concept behind it, the great art style, and Nito's excitement.

I'm pretty stoked for it, but if it doesn't click with me, I'll skip all of the other things that brought me to it (sucker for roguelikes and metroidvanias, here) and just blame Nito constantly and wholeheartedly.

Vazra

Hopefully by then we will forget about that Swedish thing and go about our days in the wonderland that Gaben gave us.

Time for PewDiePie Avatar? Time for PewDiePie Avatar.

Holding off on checking out footage, I will say that I'm going into this game with no expectations other than the concept behind it, the great art style, and Nito's excitement.

I'm pretty stoked for it, but if it doesn't click with me, I'll skip all of the other things that brought me to it (sucker for roguelikes and metroidvanias, here) and just blame Nito constantly and wholeheartedly.

I'll put it in my achievements list. XOXO

Sarcasm

Was trying to get back into my Planescape: Torment playthrough but there's crazy flickering with the widescreen mod not matter what resolution I pick. The background desktop keeps coming into the game window, anyone know what to do? Google search had a guy with issues at 1920x1200 but his solution which was changing it to 1680x1050 didn't help at all for me.

I have the same resolution but I don't have that issue..did you change the rez in windows display or your GPU control panel?

Thinking about replaying the Dragon Age games on PC, my saves are on the PS3 unfortunately and I want to play Inquisition on the PC and not the PS4. I played Mass Effect 3 on the 360 because you have the same character throughout and the choices you made matter more going into 3. Don't remember Dragon Age II changing all too much, some of the history books would adapt which was neat and some of the characters in quests would change depending on who lived/who you supported. Not sure whether I'll try to recreate my actions or just go for an entirely new playstyle. Hard to say how much it'll matter until Inquisition comes out I suppose.

Interested to see how the first game holds up as I remember loving it to death, especially the history system at the beginning when you create your character. II obviously has a ton of issues but I didn't despise it like many. Fun story to go through, even if the way it handles blood magic and playing as a mage in general really silly.

Edit: Are there any mods/textures packs for the games like with Mass Effect?
Look around on Dragon Age Nexus I guess, remember to install skip the fade.

Why are you guys talking about Pewdiepie? I found out about him like last year, I decided to watch one of his videos out of curiosity to see why he was so popular... he wasn't my cup of tea at all. The video actually annoyed me >.>

Count yourself lucky, at least you haven't seen DSP who's god awful who practically has a mission in life to make every game a joke.

Considering I'm at the end I'll give everything up to that point no spoilers of course. First off the port is great. Though its a UE3 game so if the port was bad that would be a bigger problem. As for the game itself the story is indeed the best part. The games major issues is that its slow and the gameplay while it works fine isn't anything special or has anything separating it from other TPS. Still I would say it worth a play if you're a fan of TPS and stories. If recommend buying at a sale price and playing on easy though.

Lastly its a prequel to LP1 and playing it before or after that game wouldn't be a issue do to how different it is. But I do enjoy the western asthetic it has compared to LP1s Japanese roots. Since its nice to see it from a new perspective.

All in all this is another third party capcom game that isn't all that bad. As long as you go in knowing what to expect. If you want the crazy grappling and antics if LP1 and 2 it's not here.

Awesome. I think I just realised I am a fan of TPS. I thoroughly enjoyed Binary Domain and I think the simple perspective change so that you can actually see your character charging through the environment (as opposed to being a moving camera) made it more like watching a movie and helped me get into the story a bit more. In a lot of FPS games I find myself skipping cutscenes and generally running through the game quicker, but in Binary Domain I sat through all the cutscenes and actually enjoyed them (although that might just be because BD has a lot of fun in their cutscenes).

Might be time to finally get back into Metal Gear Rising, but I just started Skyrim and going by the average game time on all my friends it might take a while before I'm done with it.

I have the same resolution but I don't have that issue..did you change the rez in windows display or your GPU control panel?

Managed to find a fix, just have to minimize everything when playing the game and then it doesn't come through. Although now I have no clue what I was supposed to be doing and changing your resolution with the mod resets your visited places :p

Look around on Dragon Age Nexus I guess, remember to install skip the fade.
I really don't remember the Fade being that bad, am almost looking forward to seeing what all the fuss about the area was again. That's the quest with Colin right?

Edit: Planescape's journal system is the worst.

Vazra

Awesome. I think I just realised I am a fan of TPS. I thoroughly enjoyed Binary Domain and I think the simple perspective change so that you can actually see your character charging through the environment (as opposed to being a moving camera) made it more like watching a movie and helped me get into the story a bit more. In a lot of FPS games I find myself skipping cutscenes and generally running through the game quicker, but in Binary Domain I sat through all the cutscenes and actually enjoyed them (although that might just be because BD has a lot of fun in their cutscenes).

Might be time to finally get back into Metal Gear Rising, but I just started Skyrim and going by the average game time on all my friends it might take a while before I'm done with it.

Binary Domain was extremely fun. It might not be the holy grail of originality of game design but the shooting was satisfying the story was entertaining and the cast was really memorable. I would have liked seeing another game in that world as I did like the world of the game and the cast.

nexen

Hey look...the world didn't stop while I was playing Divinity.

Well, see you guys later. I'm going to play some Divinity.

Ozium

It makes sense for it to happen. I see no issue with it. Learn when to enter giveaways instead of entering for everything you see.

the problem that I think Seraphis Cain is talking about though (and please correct me if wrong) is that a giveaway comes up for bundle trash, and you are like "oh that one game I am interested in in that bundle is there, sweet" and you enter it... then 5 minutes later a giveaway for something like Witcher 3 comes up and you're essentially out of the running because you entered a giveaway for a bundle game...

Which, if we explore this further, makes it less likely that people will take giveaway keys because they are scared that something better will come along, and the person who literally just wants to get rid of keys isn't able to get rid of keys.

edit: one image of pewdiepie is worse than a five hundred waifus, five hundred alpacas and one thousand alpaca waifus

UFO crash sites in urban areas really makes those encounters more fun. Just getting into EW, but it seems like a great expansion to EU.

I was shocked at the amount of new maps they added for EW that use completely new art assets. They even added some completely different environments like snow levels as well. I've yet to modify any of my troops with filthy alien biology though. #purehumans

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Five minutes into Sniper: Ghost Warrior, I got to the first mission objective, a central American general dictator. My spotter said "Target in sights", so of course I immediately pulled the trigger only to hear my spotter radio to mission control saying "Waiting for orders". Despite a bullet-cam clearly showing me obliterating the target, the mission logic said I "failed to connect" with the target, I guess because he's supposed to escape, so I had to chase after him for the rest of the mission?

Probably not a good idea to give me a clean shot at the dude if he's not supposed to be shot.

Volimar

Five minutes into Sniper: Ghost Warrior, I got to the first mission objective, a central American general dictator. My spotter said "Target in sights", so of course I immediately pulled the trigger only to hear my spotter radio to mission control saying "Waiting for orders". Despite a bullet-cam clearly showing me obliterating the target, the mission logic said I "failed to connect" with the target, I guess because he's supposed to escape, so I had to chase after him for the rest of the mission?

Probably not a good idea to give me a clean shot at the dude if he's not supposed to be shot.

Shooting your target in a Sniping game? Inconceivable!

Vazra

Shoot him with kindness, not bullets.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

TIME PARADOX.

Hhehehe

Post impressions of your first boss fight here

I know it's way late and you were thinking about another Ys game, but I can sum of my impressions of the first boss fight pretty easily.

It went something like this:

I've got this. This is going to be fun!

Then

There is not enough Engineer neck in the world to convey my nope.

Then

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Then

SUCK IT DOWN!

The boss was nothing like what I expected after about an hour of SNES sprite murder. It was pretty tough considering the controls don't lend themselves to running and gunning. Unless there's a way to shoot backwards I haven't figured out yet. It was fun, intense and it felt really good to finally take it down. I'm still in love with this game. I just now understand it's probably going to be an abusive relationship. It's okay. It hits me because it loves me.

wilflare

GAF
something is wrong w my PC
280X
- getting random artifacts on screen when I downsample
- getting random artifacts when I watch 1080p movies
- doesn't happen all the time

U2412M Dell Monitor
- screen randomly powers off if the I touch the wire

time to RMA both?

Dolor

This game is too good and too cheap not to give to someone. Plus gotta support workshop and Linux support incoming. Just please play it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dolor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mount & Blade Warband -- MB-C5924D5A4EC0BC0C - Taken by Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom