• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Not my fault everyone felt like quoting the 2 gifs I posted.
KuGsj.gif

Man I want more fighting games on PC.

Next time... don't post them?
Or at least imagequote them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

YOU GUYS ARE KILLIN' ME HERE

Jawmuncher

Aw man. Just saw Alien vs Predator Collection on Nuveem and thought it contains the '99 from Rebellion, the '01 from Monolith and the '10 one from Rebellion.
But it's only the 2010 version. Wth, that's not a collection.
And why is the best of the bunch, 2001 Monolith's game not on Steam? That game was so much fun.

Sega never payed for the rights for a rerelease which is a damn shame. Since WB owns monolith only way were seeing it now is if warner takes a stab at alien games which isn't going to happen .

What are opinions on Civilization IV for those who played it?
The Complete Edition is only 3,80€. I do own Civ V base game. Is it worth getting the older one, too?
Or is only fps crowd left here.

There's always that one dude that brings a AWP to a knife fight, had fun though CS duders, look forward to playing again with you guys, btw my Steam name is Refreshing 40oz so you know who I am on Gaf.

Yes. Shame we'll never see it though.
We probably have better chances of getting Dragon's Dogma and GFWL removed from their entire back catalog before this happens.
Seriously, as Capcom no longer even holds the license for Marvel and the game has been pulled from sale on all digital fronts I believe.

oh yeah, totally forgot about that license situation...Well, lets hope for Dragon's Dogma then!

The Complete Edition is only 3,80€. I do own Civ V base game. Is it worth getting the older one, too?

civ 4 beyond the sword is much, much better than the base game of civ 5

i don't have brave new world but some say it makes civ 5 a much better game as the base game of civ 5 is pretty lacking if you ask me

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Civ IV+Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod=heaven.

The complete version of IV is better than the base version of V, though the expansions of V really improve on that game and, in my opinion, make complete V better than complete IV.

Mono

If you really want to know how Telltale's games work, highlight this at your own peril (note that this doesn't actually explain what happens in TWAU, but it is how Telltake makes the choice & consequence work):
Telltale tries to offer a huge illusion of choice. Most of the big decisions are railroaded into a similar conclusion regardless of what you choose, and smaller ones are largely inconsequential. Choices that seem very significant and game-changing do not actually do much at all, or at least much less than you would ever think. That's not to say the games are bad, they're just not as incredible as they first seem - enjoy the ride.
Strictly about the episode previews:
For the previews not lining up with what happens in-game, I think that's because Telltale hadn't finished making the episode 2 preview by the time they released episode 1. They tease stuff that doesn't happen in the next episode every time. Rest assured that it all does eventually happen, far as I can recall.

Yup, this. It doesn't make their games bad by any means, but I can see why they would advertize their games as having tons and tons of paths and outcomes.

As for the particular moment in TWAU:
I played it twice and the other fables get mad at you for your treatment of the woodsman whether you choose to smack him or not. It matters for the plot later; don't worry!

Mono

I've never played CS:GO, but it looks a lot like CoD, and FPS games like that give me screaming twelve year old PewDiePie vibes. :X

Kanokare

Sounds like we need CS:GO giveaways some time.

Also like any multiplayer game out there, yes there are kids who apparently did someone you know. Just mute and go on! Or report.

Hugstable

Banned
After I played a match against a bunch of 5 year olds last night, all of them saying they did my mom in various situations, don't.

That's why you either play with friends, or play Comp with friends lol.

Sounds like we need CS:GO giveaways some time.

Also like any multiplayer game out there, yes there are kids who apparently did someone you know. Just mute and go on! Or report.

That wonderful block comm button haha.

Milamber

CS:GO confession, I have never thrown a grenade, cause I don't know where the grenade button is. I dropped my weapon at the enemy a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom