• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
This game is too good and too cheap not to give to someone. Plus gotta support workshop and Linux support incoming. Just please play it.

I've been wanting to try this out for a while and it'll run on my laptop (cause I'm leaving town in a week or so and I'll be gone for a while). Thank you!

rtcn63

I'm stuck in a Taylor Swift loop. The chorus to Cold as You has got my giblets in a vice.

That Y's boss looks straight outta RE4-6.

Hugstable

Banned
I know it's way late and you were thinking about another Ys game, but I can sum of my impressions of the first boss fight pretty easily.

It went something like this:

I've got this. This is going to be fun!

Then

There is not enough Engineer neck in the world to convey my nope.

Then

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Then

SUCK IT DOWN!

The boss was nothing like what I expected after about an hour of SNES sprite murder. It was pretty tough considering the controls don't lend themselves to running and gunning. Unless there's a way to shoot backwards I haven't figured out yet. It was fun, intense and it felt really good to finally take it down. I'm still in love with this game. I just now understand it's probably going to be an abusive relationship. It's okay. It hits me because it loves me.

Ha welcome to yS! Both Oath and Origin are like this, and they both stay pretty tough throughout. Most bosses will take multiple attempts as you learn their quirks and it feels great everytime you take one of the bosses down. Plus dat soundtrack

Ha welcome to yS! Both Oath and Origin are like this, and they both stay pretty tough throughout. Most bosses will take multiple attempts as you learn their quirks and it feels great everytime you take one of the bosses down. Plus dat soundtrack

Soundtrack is amazing. This is a series I had seen for years and only very recently ever even thought about trying. God I hate my past self sometimes. GAF is the best for showing me the error of my ways.

Planetscape: Torment really is amazing. Just broke my own neck in order to convince someone that I can resurrect. In turn showing him he has no reason to want to die as he can't possibly know what the afterlife holds for him. So excited for the new Torment game, such a wonderful time to be a cRPG fan.

fade_

Planetscape: Torment really is amazing. Just broke my own neck in order to convince someone that I can resurrect. In turn showing him he has no reason to want to die as he can't possibly know what the afterlife holds for him. So excited for the new Torment game, such a wonderful time to be a cRPG fan.

You are extremely late to the party =P

Turfster

How does nuveem work? Where can I see region-locking and more importantly, is international payment with paypal accepted? I don't speak Portuguese.

They accept paypal, yes.
The region locked stuff usually has an extra notice (see Saints Row IV for example), but it's always a good idea to check for a BR specific package.

L.O.R.D

so, start to play the wolf among us, and i have several questions
episode 2
why every one is angry at me ?
because i hit the woodman ?
when i reached him the other man already was hitting him
now when i only hit him once,,,i became BAD ? really ?

is there a way to get him talking without hitting him ?
because i used everything before i hit him
and the other man always suggest me to hit him
and after i hit him , i take the blame ? WTF ?

What are people's impressions of dead island epidemic?

I've played a few of the horde modes so far but haven't played scavenger (which I assume is the competitive pvp portion) and so far fairly positive for a MOBA.

Shadownet

Banned
Going to start CS:GO in about 15 mins.

finally_going_back_to_the_front_page_after_browsing_new_for_hours-20918.gif
hurry!

MRORANGE

Can you guys stop the off topic / gif spamming? It detracts users from the conversation. I got another message about this thread today. Cut this shit out.

PS: for the love of god put images/gifts in quotes, since people tend to forget to remove the IMG tag while replying to you. I don't want to see the same image reposted over 5 pages.

They accept paypal, yes.
The region locked stuff usually has an extra notice (see Saints Row IV for example), but it's always a good idea to check for a BR specific package.
Yes, just browsed the deals. Some do have explicit warnings regarding brazilian region locking. Prices are actually really good, too. Metro Franchise Pack for example doesn't have the (brazil) in it's name but in the description. Interesting place. Also, mac only versions are cheaper than windows counterparts, heh.

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

You are extremely late to the party =P

I know :p Just replaying for the first time since I was a youngling.

Edit: What do I do to fix the small menus? Had them running at full screen before, not sure what I've done since to mess everything up. Originally played it on a monitor, and didn't play it after switching to a TV for a period.

Phoenix stole shadownet from me with CS:GO. Phoenix will pay for this dearly, WITH HIS TEARS OF DEFEAT WHEN I BEAT HIM IN SOMETHING
one of these days.

Turfster

Can you guys stop the off topic / gif spamming? It detracts users from the conversation. I got another message about this thread today. Cut this shit out.

PS: for the love of god put images/gifts in quotes, since people tend to forget to remove the IMG tag while replying to you. I don't want to see the same image reposted over 5 pages.

Maybe people will actually listen to you.

pKSlqny.png

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

I'll give it a try, I suck though!

Aw man. Just saw Alien vs Predator Collection on Nuveem and thought it contains the '99 from Rebellion, the '01 from Monolith and the '10 one from Rebellion.
But it's only the 2010 version. Wth, that's not a collection.
And why is the best of the bunch, 2001 Monolith's game not on Steam? That game was so much fun.

I started Ys Origins on nightmare mode, was a horrible mistake. Did get to the 4th boss before deciding to take a break, as you can imagine it's still ongoing :p

L.O.R.D

so, start to play the wolf among us, and i have several questions
episode 2
why every one is angry at me ?
because i hit the woodman ?
when i reached him the other man already was hitting him
now when i only hit him once,,,i became BAD ? really ?

is there a way to get him talking without hitting him ?
because i used everything before i hit him
and the other man always suggest me to hit him
and after i hit him , i take the blame ? WTF ?

anyone know ?

also in the preview in episode 1 for the episode 2
i saw wolf as full transformation , but that didn't happen at all
is it because i play it safety ?
that mean i can show it or not ?

What' I miss? Not reading 300+ posts :p

I started Ys Origins on nightmare mode, was a horrible mistake. Did get to the 4th boss before deciding to take a break, as you can imagine it's still ongoing :p

Ys I?
I think the third (?) boss might be the worst in the game... the one down in the mines -- you pretty much need max everything to stand a chance.

My bad. I'm thinking Ys Chronicles: Book I and II.
Scratch that.

especially when it's nightmare fuel...

Maybe people will actually listen to you.

god I hope so, but it hasn't made a difference when mods come in and slap our hands.

Weird, realized in my stupidity that the issue was I hadn't reinstalled the ghost ui mode for Planescape torment so the UI wasn't rescaling. The text scaling doesn't seem to affect dialogue even at 120%, so it's really small but the in-game dialogue is bigger.

anyone know ?

also in the preview in episode 1 for the episode 2
i saw wolf as full transformation , but that didn't happen at all
is it because i play it safety ?
that mean i can show it or not ?

If you really want to know how Telltale's games work, highlight this at your own peril (note that this doesn't actually explain what happens in TWAU, but it is how Telltake makes the choice & consequence work):
Telltale tries to offer a huge illusion of choice. Most of the big decisions are railroaded into a similar conclusion regardless of what you choose, and smaller ones are largely inconsequential. Choices that seem very significant and game-changing do not actually do much at all, or at least much less than you would ever think. That's not to say the games are bad, they're just not as incredible as they first seem - enjoy the ride.
Strictly about the episode previews:
For the previews not lining up with what happens in-game, I think that's because Telltale hadn't finished making the episode 2 preview by the time they released episode 1. They tease stuff that doesn't happen in the next episode every time. Rest assured that it all does eventually happen, far as I can recall.

Two more things:

(1) Stumpotron, did you get enough trade data -- I have a couple coupons I can huck your way if you want some more input.
(2) What the hell is with Cheddahz winning everything? This seems especially cruel after that "one of these games is as advertised" giveaway stunt. :p

Although i dont really like/i'm not really good at fighting games, i would love to see MvC3 on pc. Really like that art style, and i'd like to see it on 1080p+ :)

Yes. Shame we'll never see it though.
We probably have better chances of getting Dragon's Dogma and GFWL removed from their entire back catalog before this happens.
Seriously, as Capcom no longer even holds the license for Marvel and the game has been pulled from sale on all digital fronts I believe.

Cth

Just wanted to say that corrosivefrost is the best!

I appreciate the help with getting some games I had my eyes on for a while.. and it's great to know that some people actually listen to things that get posted in here. I've had some difficult times and it's great to know there's people out there who pay attention and care.

Thanks again!

Just wanted to say that corrosivefrost is the best!

I appreciate the help with getting some games I had my eyes on for a while.. and it's great to know that some people actually listen to things that get posted in here. I've had some difficult times and it's great to know there's people out there who pay attention and care.

Thanks again!

Awww, I assure you I'm not anywhere near the best. But thank you -- it helps offset Rhaknar a little bit with his spiel about me being the worst. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom