• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeris

What are opinions on Civilization IV for those who played it?
The Complete Edition is only 3,80€. I do own Civ V base game. Is it worth getting the older one, too?
Or is only fps crowd left here.

In some ways I prefer Civ IV. But that's mostly because I like the unit management and stacks of the older versions better. Also not totally sold on city states. That said, V is a cleaner game and is probably a bit better overall after the expansions than IV. If it were me, I'd get Civ IV only if you miss the older style of unit and city management and don't have access to Test of Time.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finished Whispering Willows. Took me about three and a half hours. Got all achievement but one involving a secret room, by which the name and the image of the achievement have me thinking it's a
Mario
reference. Will have full impressions a bit later, going to play Long Night first.

Finished Whispering Willows. Took me about three and a half hours. Got all achievement but one involving a secret room, by which the name and the image of the achievement have me thinking it's a
Mario
reference. Will have full impressions a bit later, going to play Long Night first.

The abyss never sleeps.

Jawmuncher

Juat beat Lost Planet 3.
What I said earlier about the game still stands. Since it sums up my feelings even after beating it. Too bad the game sets up for a sequel that isn't going to happen. Though thankfully it's nothing major.

So it would go (In Chronological Order)

LP3, LP4, LP1, LP2

In some ways I prefer Civ IV. But that's mostly because I like the unit management and stacks of the older versions better. Also not totally sold on city states. That said, V is a cleaner game and is probably a bit better overall after the expansions than IV. If it were me, I'd get Civ IV only if you miss the older style of unit and city management and don't have access to Test of Time.
Good to know, thanks. I usually don't play strategy games, let alone turn-based ones.
But I find it hard currently to commit fully in a game and think Civ may be a game where I can play 10-20 mins and pause and come back later to it.
I'll watch out for Civ IV and Civ V deals.

Jawmuncher

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is amazing

Just got back from it was a damn fine movie. Easily the best of the summer so far.

Talking about Apes.
The game for the Tim Burton film was pretty bad.

planetoftheapes.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sonic ASRT gameplay from today's session with Dunder...

http://a.pomf.se/poshvd.webm PART 1

http://a.pomf.se/fyllgk.webm PART 2

I had more matches recorded but i just wanted to upload my best one. :p Also i have no idea why this doesn't have sound...

So you're the one that hit me near the end and kept me from ever catching up to 1st! Joking of course, nice shot. Thanks for uploading that, it really was a fun race we had. I hope Steam GAF can do more in the future. Just a couple of suggestions though, you can get a boost by doing a stunt when you go off a jump and try to drift for long continuous runs as that generates boosts once it ends.

Speaking of which, Dunder gifted me Euro Truck Simulator 2. He's trying to slow me down and I'm afraid it's going to work.

So, i finally finished alice madness returns, and what a wonderfull game!

It took 15 hours and got a 94% completition, and I kinda disliked the reuse of puzzles and some areas felt a bit too long, but solid game nevertheless

I have some questions...

In the extra content section, there is a "characters" section in which I have 42 of 72. Where are the others? higher difficulty? (played no normal) new game+?

Also, there is a "troubling visions" in which i have 0 from 40. Do I need to play higher difficulty to get them?

I recommend the game if anyone want to get it, or have it on they library. Start it and it will get you.

Yakkue

Good to know, thanks. I usually don't play strategy games, let alone turn-based ones.
But I find it hard currently to commit fully in a game and think Civ may be a game where I can play 10-20 mins and pause and come back later to it.
I'll watch out for Civ IV and Civ V deals.

haha, good one. My Civ V sessions usually last 6+ hours, just because they're turn-based doesn't mean you'll have time for a break ;)
JustOneMoreTurn.jpg

CSGO was fun tonight and I don't usually have fun in CSGO. I don't even know how it says I have 70 hours, I barely touch the game. Probably had it open once for card generation lol.

We should do the same for natural selection 2. That is a game I haven't touched much in a long time and it has been on sale for 1-3 dollars about a bazillion times. Another great team shooter.

Also, serious sam co-op can support like 32 people lol

Jesus, I just randomly poisoned some drunk women who wouldn't pay her tab with embalming fluid. It's crazy how much is packed into every corner of Planescape, definitely didn't dig as much when I played it as a kid.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In the extra content section, there is a "characters" section in which I have 42 of 72. Where are the others? higher difficulty? (played no normal) new game+?

Also, there is a "troubling visions" in which i have 0 from 40. Do I need to play higher difficulty to get them?

They're both related to the memory bottles, IIRC. The "troubling vision" is what you get when you find all of them in a given level and I believe they also occasionally unlock character bios.

Shade

Some old bundle keys. Should all be unused. Give them a home!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

nikopol -- MB-8AD7C46D45DB3D91 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-4312AEC0D13D8DCA - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
Future Wars -- MB-D66F9E9A3F90DE68 - Taken by Xclash. 1 entrants total.
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-5EAA0EE0F312E0AD - Taken by Knurek. 5 entrants total.
Fantasy Wars -- MB-2801A04A36524CEA - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 3 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II Byzantine Unit Pack -- MB-4041E3C3A9411CB8
Tidalis -- MB-D5E61C96BE790FC5 - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Greed Black Border -- MB-2BC03E11277324C8 - Taken by hepburn3d. 4 entrants total.
chrome -- MB-471B1C8ECFAE4289 - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
stellar impact -- MB-0326284C1DE6CAF0 - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
madballs in babo -- MB-427AB5810EB9DF63 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
hacker evolution duality -- MB-EEACE9DFA37A3820 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II Songs of the Caliph DLC -- MB-5C6716E1C9715EC8
Crusader Kings II Songs of Byzantium -- MB-32306E900A8F6D6B
Crusader Kings II African Portraits -- MB-7E03B3E3F6636084 - Taken by MrTeachwell. 1 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-E8E4D338064A411E - Taken by bronson. 5 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II Mongols DLC Pack -- MB-7EBE44BEC026965A - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
miner wars 2081 -- MB-23D632DD33C2B6D2 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
section 8 -- MB-E02C3C3E007C6E17 - Taken by MTE
Unstoppable Gorg -- MB-3EFE7F1253E0C88F - Taken by Relax.MX. 2 entrants total.
avencast -- MB-1F760A7E3DF621C2 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-6454189DD1E2DEF8 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
madballs in babo dlc -- MB-5CDEE47B84344645
Crusader Kings II Songs of Albion DLC -- MB-B7306C6D61B072FE
serious sam double d -- MB-2C0D51D3C9121CAD - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Reign Conflict of Nations #2 -- MB-8B3ACD433C871EBD - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
miner wars arena -- MB-95D6EE34A11CF056 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
chrome specforce -- MB-89A3B51CFE3E060E - Taken by dinopoke. 2 entrants total.
Stellar Impact -- MB-26DA2D1FBFF53907 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-0BF890F0BBC7A3EE - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
Off Road Drive -- MB-209EDFBF0B954647 - Taken by drakaenae. 7 entrants total.
necrovision lost company -- MB-D89832CFEAAACB0A - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II Songs of the Holy Land DLC -- MB-19B471553BBBFE6E - Taken by thequickandthedead. 3 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-486BA8FAEF0554F8 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Real Warfare 2 Nothern Crusades -- MB-7EB05D8E53225B43 - Taken by Vastag. 5 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Twin Sector -- MB-70B2FEC7C96EC2A4 - Taken by Roboleon. 1 entrants total.

t1405230696z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom