• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

So you're the one that hit me near the end and kept me from ever catching up to 1st! Joking of course, nice shot. Thanks for uploading that, it really was a fun race we had. I hope Steam GAF can do more in the future. Just a couple of suggestions though, you can get a boost by doing a stunt when you go off a jump and try to drift for long continuous runs as that generates boosts once it ends.

Yeah, i was the Amy/Ulala. :)

i'll try to remember that suggestion when i play it again.

Speevy

Banned
I made a thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Inner World -- MB-074C8629CFDC5B1D - Taken by Remij. 3 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-BB42B29B9FE1F5F2 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.

t1405231476z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Plain Sight #2 -- MB-184E059B67AE1A92 - Taken by koma
Plain Sight #3 -- MB-CDE952AA7A7F867C - Taken by Dambrosi
Tidalis -- MB-E7CB453643DBB89D - Taken by City 17
Blade Symphony -- MB-6354993561949C17 - Taken by dot
Coldfire Keep -- MB-F9F2DE688D3ECA83 - Taken by Catshade
Tidalis #2 -- MB-2BF58932355CCC54 - Taken by KenOD
Bardbarian -- MB-BC18B95ACD7615CC - Taken by ev0
Plain Sight -- MB-16C02773667EBFE2 - Taken by tiny raptor
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-FDB952037DB71923 - Taken by WinterDemons
inMomentum -- MB-7D7F27D59ACFDF79 - Taken by anastef

I hope there are a few folks here without Plain Sight, haha.

Altazor

Yeah me either. I don't play it that much these days, but I remember I tallied up over the course of a weekend, from Friday 5PM until I went to bed on Sunday night I'd played 18 hours of Civilization. Do not start a huge map with a heap of civs.

holy fuck man, I played for 8 hours straight once and thought it was too much. I can't even begin to fathom 18 hours of it, heh.

It is incredibly addictive, though. Can't blame you :lol

so i wanted to test speed runners, but I cant find an online match :S

I let the game search for above 20 leagues above me and not a game or players available...

I guess its because of my connection or something, im done for today but if any of you guys have it and wanna play add me sotodefonk

nexen

If you playing Divinity was responsible for the stuff that has happened here over the last like, 8 hours, you can never play games again.

hahahah... I hope not because I really like playing Divinity.

edit: is there a term for only playing a game so you can uninstall it? Because that is what I'm doing to Dirt Showdown. Have like 2 races left and it is a chore.

edit: is there a term for only playing a game so you can uninstall it? Because that is what I'm doing to Dirt Showdown. Have like 2 races left and it is a chore.
Insanity? Unless you're doing it for card drops or achievements, just dump the game. Even if you are doing it for achievements, fuck it, life is too short. Card drops can at least earn you a bit of credit, so I understand that. Still, life is too short, time is money, etc.

I should play CS more often. You guys made it sound fun again so I just played two rounds and got 5 achievements and a crate I sold for 30 cents. That's like 2 cards right there.

nexen

Insanity? Unless you're doing it for card drops or achievements, just dump the game. Even if you are doing it for achievements, fuck it, life is too short. Card drops can at least earn you a bit of credit, so I understand that. Still, life is too short, time is money, etc.

but .... 2 races left ... :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for tiny raptor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:

Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-949BC34AB097B837 - Taken by Mono
Harvester -- MB-8375E19EF4A3E3B1 - Taken by Knurek

never gonna play these games probably

Caerith

hahahah... I hope not because I really like playing Divinity.

"Beat and delete" maybe.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-BADFCD7B6A92FCCF - Taken by Berlok. 1 entrants total.

t1405233877z1.png

I just realized I had the game in a bundle after claiming one from JaseC. OTL

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
this post made me check my inventory. I had 2 cases, a 2013 one i sold for 75cents and and a CS:GO weapon case which i sold for $1.30. Thanks for the free money!

I sold my Wolf14 items for $6 and some change yesterday. About bloody time Bethesda finally gave Valve the green light to make them marketable -- the game released almost two months ago.

maneil99

I hate my CSGO team right now...

On an all non english speaking team somehow that yells after the die and I can't hear shit

Shadownet

Banned
No, really. I don't blame you (I ended up getting kinda tipsy/drunk, so it got worse). Anyways, I had a blast tonight guys

Damn, well if its any consolation. You play better drunk than I do sober mate. Either way, I had a lot of fun too. Knife fights were funny.

Hugstable

Banned
No, really. I don't blame you (I ended up getting kinda tipsy/drunk, so it got worse). Anyways, I had a blast tonight guys

lol it was funny when you were like still joking around but being serious at the same time in comp.

GG everyone who played. Twas fun. I'll do the same thing again tomorrow but a little earlier.

Yeah the Casual matches were actually alot of fun today, even with the whole knifing craziness that went on for a few rounds.

Huguuu for the win!

Uguu. You are already better than I am and you've only been playing 2 days -____-

MayMay

Banned
Still got 3 games left from the bulk I gave away, someone just take them. I dont care if you use the codes, or give em to friends, or sell em online - but take em off my hands please lol. Even if you just take them to throw away. ^-^

[....]

Edit: Gonna nuke those, if someone sees em and wants one of them check the free stuff thread later.

Shadownet

Banned
Still got 3 games left from the bulk I gave away, someone just take them. I dont care if you use the codes, or give em to friends, or sell em online - but take em off my hands please lol. Even if you just take them to throw away. ^-^

Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-C4BAA486CF873CD5 - Taken by Benedict
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-5DB3B41BE544FF6D - Taken by fuzzy123
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E37A070792155847 - Taken by aurelioking
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-9F9647801B992231

You can just leave them in the Free Stuff thread. Someone will take them.

Coming in the wake of Shovel Knight, another game channeling Mega Man's design sensibilities (more like Mega Man 1 than 2, though):

C9E0F9B8770386FBD25143F92D8F57F42D49762D

Dr. Green is a side-scrolling action-platformer with 8 stages, each with a boss. I'm not yet sure if you can do the stages in any order, but it's very likely given the developer's main inspiration. Great news for me, he likes the idea of giving players few if any checkpoints, and seems more likely to be working with 1cc play in mind than most other Steam developers. Not only that, but the music's great and the visuals are good too, quite readable. It's a newcomer to Greenlight, along with stuff like In The Kingdom.

Knurek

So, guys, thinking of changing my crappy Officebox CPU (Pentium G2030) to something with more punch (since some game engines, especially UE3 stuff work way better with more than 2 cores).

i5-3570 will work? i7 CPUs are beyond my price range, and I've never played with OCing, and don't plan on starting now (prefer peace and quiet on the fan front), so K series doesn't interest me as well.

Lower i5 s1055 models don't have much of a price reduction (we're talking about $20 between i5-​3330 and i5-3570, don't see much sense in going for the lower end...

G2030 works well with most of the older stuff, true, but I'm getting bored/annoyed by the stutter whenever an UE3 title decides to stream in new texture data. Upgrading the CPU should help here, right?

MayMay

Banned
You can just leave them in the Free Stuff thread. Someone will take them.

The thing is, I had the No Lurker rule on for the giveaway - so they cant just take them, since most probably not gonna post here. Can I nuke the giveaway for the remaining ones and create a new one?

Edit: Ah nvm, found out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom