• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeth

Transistor did ;___;

Same here for the most part. Just throws me off now and then.

edit: also somehow, inexplicably, TWII now runs decently on my laptop. Yesterday I was barely hitting 30fps @ 1366x768 and low settings, now I'm getting 30-40 @ 1600x900 and medium. I'll take it

I'll tell you this: If you switch your buttons from the default setup when using a controller, Witcher 2 will throw up the wrong button prompts for the QTEs about half the time. It's absolutely infuriating because sometimes they'll tell you the right ones and sometimes not, so you have to suss it out as you go.

I would recommend switching to keyboard for all of the QTE parts, it's infinitely easier (also because they usually use WASD and show the prompts in the direction they lay on the keyboard ie- W at the top of the screen, D on the right).

Okay, it's that time of day again. I'm looking for help with something I'm programming.

Go here: LINK REMOVED

Once you're here:
Offer me a trade. Please include a message with the trade. What the message says is not important.

If your username starts from A-M: Offer me anywhere from 1-5 items, whichever you want. If you have a mix of game items, cards, emoticons, coupons, and game gifts, that would be ideal. I will decline the offer. If by some technical fluke I accidentally accept the offer (this will not happen), I will immediately give the items back to you. If my code turns sentient and accepts a game gift, I will buy you another copy of the game to replace the lost item.

If your username starts with N-Z: Offer me any one junk item, but ask for at least one of my items in return. I will decline 100% of these offers.

If you don't know what your username is: Try not to forget how to breathe, but in the mean time, just do one of the two things above, it doesn't matter which one.

Thanks. I will edit out the link in about 15-20 minutes, because I only need a few trade offers at this point. :)

Edit: Thanks everyone, that was quick!

Done.

Just finished Sniper Elite III. Never played the previous entries so I was eager to try this one out. I was pretty disappointed with it to be honest. Here's my worthless opinion about it that probably everyone will ignore.

It's pretty ironic that a game with "Sniper" in it's title completely discourages you from using the particular weapon. This is primarily a stealth game, and in most cases using the Sniper will either expose you to your enemies or force you to run around and relocate if you want to keep a low profile, which is also a huge problem as each level has very few sniping spots and most of the time moving between them is not an option.
It's way easier (and probably more enjoyable) to ignore the Sniper altogether and only use it when it's really needed.
The AI is braindead and completely unreliable, it's funny to abuse it but after realizing that it fails to provide you with a challenge the whole game becomes a chore . Also the detection system is similar to the one of Hitman Absolution, which I deeply hated
The levels may be big and open ended but the player movement and interaction with the environment is limited which kinda kills what Rebellion was aiming for.
The story is nothing special, and the game is too short for any character or plot development to happen

The whole slow-mo x-ray deaths gimmick is fun but it's novelty wears off after the first few levels.
The lack of weapon variety is laughable and as expected Rebellion is going to milk the game hard with DLC. They already have released tons of DLC even though the game is a few weeks old

Can't say that it was worth the 11 keys I paid for it. You can probably get it for much cheaper if you search for an AMD code but even then it's not worth the price.

I think you're playing it wrong. :p
The game doesn't discourage you from using sniper rifles. It just forces you to relocate so you can't sit in one spot and pick off half the enemies on the map.

r3n4ud

Just finished Sniper Elite III. Never played the previous entries so I was eager to try this one out. I was pretty disappointed with it to be honest. Here's my worthless opinion about it that probably everyone will ignore.

It's pretty ironic that a game with "Sniper" in it's title completely discourages you from using the particular weapon. This is primarily a stealth game, and in most cases using the Sniper will either expose you to your enemies or force you to run around and relocate if you want to keep a low profile, which is also a huge problem as each level has very few sniping spots and most of the time moving between them is not an option.
It's way easier (and probably more enjoyable) to ignore the Sniper altogether and only use it when it's really needed.
The AI is braindead and completely unreliable, it's funny to abuse it but after realizing that it fails to provide you with a challenge the whole game becomes a chore . Also the detection system is similar to the one of Hitman Absolution, which I deeply hated
The levels may be big and open ended but the player movement and interaction with the environment is limited which kinda kills what Rebellion was aiming for.
The story is nothing special, and the game is too short for any character or plot development to happen

The whole slow-mo x-ray deaths gimmick is fun but it's novelty wears off after the first few levels.
The lack of weapon variety is laughable and as expected Rebellion is going to milk the game hard with DLC. They already have released tons of DLC even though the game is a few weeks old

Can't say that it was worth the 11 keys I paid for it. You can probably get it for much cheaper if you search for an AMD code but even then it's not worth the price.

100% agree. I only played a few missions and it's not a good game. As you said, I'm sneaking around more then anything and rarely sniping anything. All I'm doing is randomly shooting, wait for shit AI to come to where I was, sneak behind him and stealth kill :/

100% agree. I only played a few missions and it's not a good game. As you said, I'm sneaking around more then anything and rarely sniping anything. All I'm doing is randomly shooting, wait for shit AI to come to where I was, sneak behind him and stealth kill :/

Hahaha, again, playing it wrong. :D
And by wrong, I mean that you're not experiencing the game as the developers intended. :p

I played on Sniper Elite difficulty and once I learned how the mechanics worked, I ended up having an experience nothing like yours or sub zero -- don't get me wrong... if I could sneak in and stealth kill people, I did. But I more often than not played as intended using the sniper rifle, picking off 1-2 enemies, then relocating away from the area to pick another sniping spot.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I think you're playing it wrong. :p
The game doesn't discourage you from using sniper rifles. It just forces you to relocate so you can't sit in one spot and pick off half the enemies on the map.

Problem is that you only can get two shots in before being forced to relocate. Like I said there are very few sniping spots so after the game asks you to relocate you basically have to run a few meters to lose the heat and then get back to the sniping spot. Also the enemies are too stupid to guard your previous sniping position

It's way more hassle free to play the game with the silenced pistol/melee takedowns

r3n4ud

Hahaha, again, playing it wrong. :D
And by wrong, I mean that you're not experiencing the game as the developers intended. :p

I played on Sniper Elite difficulty and once I learned how the mechanics worked, I ended up having an experience nothing like yours or sub zero -- don't get me wrong... if I could sneak in and stealth kill people, I did. But I more often than not played as intended using the sniper rifle, picking off 1-2 enemies, then relocating away from the area to pick another sniping spot.
The sniping spots are so fucking far apart though. I had to stealth-kill shit loads of baddies before I reached the next spot.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Beginning to feel regret over backing the World's End Economica Kickstarter.

Well, at least episode one is already out. At least the screenshots for it don't look that bad. Granted, those could be the best screens and the rest could be garbage. I haven't bough it yet so I've got no idea.

ss_4e6a242d28de5f4dc563843062767238c78ce473.1920x1080.jpg

Deitus

Transistor did ;___;

Wait, really? I've been playing Transistor with a PS3 controller and using 360 prompts (which is expected since the PS3 controller is imitating a 360 controller). Is there actually an option for this, or does it just detect if you are using a PS4 controller?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait, really? I've been playing Transistor with a PS3 controller and using 360 prompts (which is expected since the PS3 controller is imitating a 360 controller). Is there actually an option for this, or does it just detect if you are using a PS4 controller?

Unless I'm remembering wrong, the game automatically displayed PS button prompts. All I used was the SCPserver program

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'd really appreciate an invite to the Game Nights group. Here's my profile

I suck at CSGO and only play bot matches but I'm always up for some L4D2 or Payday 2

Jadax

I've never played csgo, played css a lot on BoSS servers, but that was over 1 year ago.

I won't be on tonight due to the finals, but definitely next time.

Oh, and I agree, these times are brutal for us gaffers living in Europe :(

I've never played csgo, played css a lot on BoSS servers, but that was over 1 year ago.

I won't be on tonight due to the finals, but definitely next time.

Oh, and I agree, these times are brutal for us gaffers living in Europe :(
BB already ran way late though. I think we can get some matches in before Ultra finals.

Tellaerin

Finished Transformers: War for Cybertron last night. It was a helluva ride. I loved the boss fights, especially the battle with
Trypticon
at the end. Epic battles against massive, screen-filling enemies aren't as common in games as they used to be, and it was great to see a game that not only embraced that, but nailed the execution.

Mechanically, I'm a little surprised at the lack of a cover mechanic - there were times when I found myself reflexively trying to crouch behind something while reloading or waiting to get a little health back, but couldn't - but that didn't hurt my enjoyment of the game. If you have even the slightest affection for the Transformers G1 cartoon, you can't go wrong with this one.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The dream is dead. No more M&Ms Master Cards. Only the cable bill option.

Don't worry. A new dream has been born from the ashes of the old dream.

Soon we will gather enough M&Ms cable bill vouchers to put mornignbus' cable bill into the negative.

1JN3L5h.jpg

Thanks Cheddaz! Jokes on you, I actually wanted to play it! :p

Knew I should have entered for it.

I really hope this game ends up in a bundle soon. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom