• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

1JN3L5h.jpg

Thanks Cheddaz! Jokes on you, I actually wanted to play it! :p
Called it. Dang anime waifus.

Vuze

Dang, Wolf Among Us is so good, probably 3/4 through episode 2. Far better than TWD2 for now. dat plottwist, didn't expect it at all

Minor spoiler:
Also Clever Hans in a strip club, I couldn't handle myself

Well, finally got some use out of my Playfire credits -- picked up the Director's Cut of Human Revolution, and The Fall.

Director's Cut was because I had played the original, but not the revamped version (how much has changed, for those in the know?).

The Fall was mostly because it was cheap, I had credit to burn, and it has trading cards. Also would like to experience the badness first-hand.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The worst part is that Sakura Spirit is supposed to be from an English-speaking group.
The fact that they put it out like that, without even bothering to proofread it apparently, is damning.

It's sort of mind boggling how it can be this bad. The art's not bad. But the writing is just so awful that it kind of it ruins the VN.

Even worse is that the developer, Winged Cloud, apparently released a free VN prior to this one, and, judging by the few screenshots I could find, the writing doesn't really seem that bad.

It sort of feels like they were going for a specific audience with Sakura Spirit, basically said "fuck it, no one's going to read this anyway lol," and went out of their way to make the script as bad as possible. I refuse to believe that an English speaking group put this in the script while being serious.

It's interesting to see your take on it too, and shows some vindication in my thoughts, the David Cage comparison does feel quite apt actually. Much like a David Cage game actually, I feel there is half a good story but alot of other shit that really weighs it down, along with the "non choices" present, and that's even from a superficial look/first playthrough in that regard. It's sad but I really only felt that it was the end of the game that delivered really on the promise of the moral choice nature the game promised.

With reference to the
elections
you mentioned, I still don't feel that's a particularly strong choice. From my playthrough at least
I wasn't given a choice moreso my character agreed for me then I could just quite out of it afterwards
. That's not a choice that's a failure state where I just miss out on story, reward and the branching narrative then just moves on regardless of the outcome really, you just move on to the next town and no more is brought up about it.

The choice for the
election
is sort of hidden, but you
have to walk out on the warehouse job. You can then walk out on the other faction and help the detective, supposedly, but I haven't done that yet (still planning on doing one last playthrough).

It definitely doesn't live up to its store description, but it's still okay if you're into games like it and only plan on doing one run through the game. If you really try to get more in depth with it though, it just sort of falls apart.

Turfster

It sort of feels like they we're going for a specific audience with Sakura Spirit, basically said "fuck it, no one's going to read this anyway lol," and went out of their way to make the script as bad as possible. I refuse to believe that an English speaking group put this in the script while being serious.

"As she said this, she giggled to herself, and leaned towards her draw, reaching for it with both hands. I let forth a yelp as I slapped a hand over my eyes, turning my head away from her as she began to pull through the clothes, searching for the one she was after."

This should never have been released for real money in its current state.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_n2oyj9deFQ1r94e9jo1_500.gif

You know you want to... It's only $2.50 on GMG.

I hate this gif so much. Scratch that, I hate this game so much, how is it possible to ruin the gameplay of Deus Ex this much? I mean, I'm not fond of the nonexistent urban legend sequel to the original game, but it wasn't this bad.

"As she said this, she giggled to herself, and leaned towards her draw, reaching for it with both hands. I let forth a yelp as I slapped a hand over my eyes, turning my head away from her as she began to pull through the clothes, searching for the one she was after."

This should never have been released for real money in its current state.

Pretty much. It doesn't even feel like an early access VN, like Narcissu, and that's free.

At least it's supposed to have cards in the future, so anyone that actually bought it at close to full price won't feel as bad for buying it.

Awesome, the Director's Cut actually counts as a separate game if you own the original version.
CZQOous.jpg

I was kind of worried that it'd overwrite the original version since the original version was removed from the Steam Store.

KI I can maybe understand not coming to PC (I hope it does when all the content is there.) But stuff that's in arcades and consoles but not PC is just bullshit. Those arcade cabs are just PCs anyway, it takes more work to port to consoles than it does to release a PC port. :/

I remember that people found ways to run the arcade versions of BlazBlue straight on a regular PC anyways.

How do you feel about Invisible War?
Is it that bad? I was contemplating getting it when I got the other two, just so I could complete the Deus Ex collection on Steam, but decided against it since it looked pretty bad.

And before anyone says it, I got The Fall because it looked funny bad. Invisible War just looks plain bad.

Tizoc

KI I can maybe understand not coming to PC (I hope it does when all the content is there.) But stuff that's in arcades and consoles but not PC is just bullshit. Those arcade cabs are just PCs anyway, it takes more work to port to consoles than it does to release a PC port. :/

I remember that people found ways to run the arcade versions of BlazBlue straight on a regular PC anyways.

Well DR3 was XBone then got a PC port that runs fine, so KI could also be released on Steam.

None the less, KI is prob. the only game atm I'd want to get a Bone for.

Tellaerin

Is it that bad? I was contemplating getting it when I got the other two, just so I could complete the Deus Ex collection on Steam, but decided against it since it looked pretty bad.

And before anyone says it, I got The Fall because it looked funny bad. Invisible War just looks plain bad.

IW's not a bad game. It's just not a very good Deus Ex game. If you take it for what it is, it's pretty decent. It's hard not to compare it to the original, though, and that makes it come off looking worse than it would have if it didn't have the DX name attached.

AHA-Lambda

tumblr_n2oyj9deFQ1r94e9jo1_500.gif

You know you want to... It's only $2.50 on GMG.

Jesus Christ, this was to be the next game I played on my backlog ._.

The choice for the
election
is sort of hidden, but you
have to walk out on the warehouse job. You can then walk out on the other faction and help the detective, supposedly, but I haven't done that yet (still planning on doing one last playthrough).

It definitely doesn't live up to its store description, but it's still okay if you're into games like it and only plan on doing one run through the game. If you really try to get more in depth with it though, it just sort of falls apart.

Huh, thanks for that tip on
the election
, didn't have a clue there :)

Turfster

Jesus Christ, this was to be the next game I played on my backlog ._.

Don't do it.
It's arse.

Really? Sakura Spirit thanked me for reading?
You should be apologising to me, game =p

Also, I'm pretty sure one of the paths you can choose after the only choice in the game is broken, switching to the same path halfway as the other side.
Shame on everyone.

Dr Dogg

Well seeing as the footie is boring me to tears may as well carry on investigating what works at a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. To be honest I didn't think this would work so well.

Resident Evil 5 said:
16:9 lamo-vision
E30CD09BD7D7EAB2FD7531ACDE2AACF7FD57BC3E

2.35:1 cinematically-cinematic-vision
AD3F250D954AC021C4028A71115ECA6F01556351

Not a lot of faffing needed either (although GeDoSaTo was giving me a few problems I had to rely on NV Control Panel tweaks). Now then Capcom just yank out GFWL and look into bringing the DLC over and I might go through Resi 5 again
It's never going to happen is it?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I need more trade offers:
LINK REMOVED

Please offer exactly 1 item that YOU DO NOT MIND LOSING. (like a 20% off MouseCraft coupon or an emote you hate or something). I am trying to perfect the process of accepting and logging a trade. Again, I will accept this offer. I'd really rather not keep track of who owns what in order to give it back, so please make sure you give me garbage.

This is an unfortunate side effect of the fact that I can't make a second accound and test by trading stuff with myself back and forth since there's the 15 day SteamGuard rule, so I need external people to help me out with this :/

Holy crap guys, thanks, again 8 offers within a minute or two. Thanks a lot.

Divius

I need more trade offers:
http://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=39319009&token=RgrcNlJZ

Please offer exactly 1 item that YOU DO NOT MIND LOSING. (like a 20% off MouseCraft coupon or an emote you hate or something). I am trying to perfect the process of accepting and logging a trade. Again, I will accept this offer. I'd really rather not keep track of who owns what in order to give it back, so please make sure you give me garbage.

This is an unfortunate side effect of the fact that I can't make a second accound and test by trading stuff with myself back and forth since there's the 15 day SteamGuard rule, so I need external people to help me out with this :/
There was an error sending your trade offer. Please try again later.

You have logged in from a new device. In order to protect the items in your inventory, you will be unable to trade from this device for 7 days.

This is the only device I ever use for steam. Thanks steamguard.

low-G

What? GAF hates Deus Ex Human Revolution now? WHAT?

Also, nothing like that gif ever happened to me...

all the what.

Grief.exe

What? GAF hates Deus Ex Human Revolution now? WHAT?

Also, nothing like that gif ever happened to me...

all the what.

I haven't been following, but there is a good chance people are just referring to the new updated version. It's essentially a step back from the vanilla edition as it uses an older version of the engine with bugs reappearing all over again.

it's deus ex the fall
i don't have any appropriate reaction gif so here's a quote ""

edit : b12

The Fall, not Human Revolution.

Just The Fall.

Or this, which is a perfectly acceptable game to criticize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom