• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help, but I've been getting blue screen and full crash on my laptop when playing specific games, like Fallout: New Vegas and now most recently The Wolf Among Us (I lost my save file in the progress too, god damn it)

Well it crashes and gives me a "IRQL not less or equal" error and crashes.

Anyone who got some tips on how to fix this or if my laptop is doomed ? I just got it a month ago.

maneil99

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help, but I've been getting blue screen and full crash on my laptop when playing specific games, like Fallout: New Vegas and now most recently The Wolf Among Us (I lost my save file in the progress too, god damn it)

Well it crashes and gives me a "IRQL not less or equal" error and crashes.

Anyone who got some tips on how to fix this or if my laptop is doomed ? I just got it a month ago.
Driver issue, use Bluescreenviewer it will point to what driver, whatever driver is doing it needs to be updated or removed and reinstalled. It's not a hardware issue.

Hugstable

Banned
EVERYDAY IS NOT MY DAY IN CSGO!

You told me you guys were winning 6-3!

Good games yall, and lol you almost clutched it.

GG comp game. Today was not my day. :(

Phoenix was getting clutches in the casual matches today too. Great playing Casual with so many people today. Still wanted to play some Comp today but I couldn't.

well just finished with evo, going to watch the leftovers and then I'm off to bed. good night steamgaf. <3 speedrunners was a lot of fun today :)

Speedrunners was actually really fun, even though my first 20 minutes of playing the game was trying to figure out all the buttons as I hadn't even play the tutorial yet -_-. Really fun though, especially just watching some of the really close races between others even after I was out.

Since we're asking tech support questions...

When a game launches in a different resolution, it fucks up my Windows resolution after I exit the game. How can I fix this? (Win 8.1)

Sometimes there's no way to match the game's resolution to my monitor's. For example, a budget puzzle game might be fixed at a much lower res.

Hugstable

Banned
I did worse today than you did yesterday. Make a guess on how that went :p

You did worse than how I did yesterday on Mirage Comp? No way... I was like kill less til after halftime. Yesterday was a bad comp day since I really don't like Mirage. I'm sure we'll find a team we can beat on Mirage sooner or later ha.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man up.

Spain fan here.

the riots man :(

real riots going on here unfortunately

Cheer up Nito! Tomorrow is a new day.

My sympathies to argi fans esp. zkylon and rionna. Was a tight match. Argentina was a formidable team and would have deserved to win, too. This time it was us, next time maybe you like '86/'90.
thanks, both teams respected each other and i appreciated the friendly celebrations. i thought it was gonna get nasty after that ridiculous free kick that half of germany was trying to kick for some reason but it was a clean match with really nothing to fight over

refs were shitty all month so nothing to say there

but yea you guys continue to fuck us up, dam

Oh no, I totally understand that. And I also felt sad, but not angry. These guys gave their best, and I can't honestly complain about them.

Hell, they lasted 110 out of the 120 minutes without letting Germany score once. I consider that impressive (though sadly they couldn't score either).

well it's a mix of things, but i am sure frustrated over it. i'm normally a pessimistic person about most things but watching both our and germany's games i knew it was totally doable and you know, i got hopeful, walking around the city today and seeing everybody so pumped, you just fall for it

in the end it was a really even game and we lost fairly but you know, i care about football, this could be messi's last wc ever and maybe the biggest chance we'll have in our lifetimes so you know, can't help being totally bummed

Anustart

I still need to finish dark souls 1, stopped after 2 lord souls, then had to sell my gpu. Just got my new one, but don't really feel like going back. Game was great, just think I had enough.

Mokoi

Banned
no, its on activation

Change your avatar already! Too much animu.

You did worse than how I did yesterday on Mirage Comp? No way... I was like kill less til after halftime. Yesterday was a bad comp day since I really don't like Mirage. I'm sure we'll find a team we can beat on Mirage sooner or later ha.

I did a lot better today than last time. I've pretty much got the hang of the recoil down. Just so used to crouching though.

dot

Sam & Cat got cancelled. Somebody hold me...

I'm gonna go play some Sunrider and CSGO to cheer myself up...

:meatytears:

Hugstable

Banned
Change your avatar already! Too much animu.

I did a lot better today than last time. I've pretty much got the hang of the recoil down. Just so used to crouching though.

Yeah that's one of my problems too. I used to crouch for headshots alot back in 1.6, but in GO I tend to get headshotted everytime I end up crouching. I've been trying to practice moving left and right while stopping to get better aiming while moving around.

fallout

Speaking of which...
Hey, Telltale.
Not everyone has a qwerty layout, so let us either reassign WASD, or finally fucking recognise it for your QTEs.
Thank you.
Not for non-qwerty reasons, but somewhere around Sam and Max S3 I just started playing their games with a controller.

Jawmuncher

I play the TT stuff with a controller as well.
Games just seem better geared towards that in general. Though they do regardless need to allow more options for controls on the PC side.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Yeah that's one of my problems too. I used to crouch for headshots alot back in 1.6, but in GO I tend to get headshotted everytime I end up crouching. I've been trying to practice moving left and right while stopping to get better aiming while moving around.

Have that problem too. Need more practice.

Cheddahz

Banned
I finally downloaded the rest of the first season of The Wolf Among Us on my
Xbox 360
, so I'll probably finish that before I leave town on Saturday

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I play the TT stuff with a controller as well.
Games just seem better geared towards that in general. Though they do regardless allow more options for controls on the PC side.

turf cant use no controller at the moment, because he's Tetsuo

Xbox 360

I was in the process of playing the final episode on my Xbox 360 last night. Game locked up in a scene, so I restarted my console. RRoD. I should have got it on Steam!

Grief.exe

Xbox 360

Is the first episode free on consoles?

I was in the process of playing the final episode on my Xbox 360 last night. Game locked up in a scene, so I restarted my console. RRoD. I should have got it on Steam!

I don't even know how you guys end up with console games! So much cheaper on PC.

Is the first episode free on consoles?

I don't even know how you guys end up with console games! So much cheaper on PC.

Actually at the time I got it, the price was lower than I had previously seen on Steam. Of course, the Summer sale beat what I got it for, but I also had a bunch of M$ cards on my account from a really good sale previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom