• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngerdX

Is it just me or is it the ui for card trading kinda lacking, wanted to go thru my cards and try and trade the doubles for ones i´m missing, really hoped to finish up atleast one badge for the games carrying cards.

But at the moment it seems quite time consuming. :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
made like 5€ in cards this weekend, I am not unhappy about that. and thats just selling at the lowest prices too because I dont have the patience to wait

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I know installing a second hard drive is not a difficult thing, but I'm nervous anyhow as I've never done it before. Wish me luck!

_hekk05

Banned
tell me if that is still true after your upcoming trip to the US.
it's not, comparatively

It seems as though most things in the US are cheaper. I'm talking groceries mostly. Services have hidden costs because fuck the min wage and tips etc.

That aside everything else is either monopolies fucking with prices, or lobbyists telling the gov to fuck with the prices, or speculators fucking with the prices, or the gov refusing to help with student loans aka fucking with the prices.

Mokoi

Banned
We have ATT U-Verse. 20mbps

Well you take those 20mbps and savior the shit out of it. I only get 10mbps with u-verse in town, and 5 at my main residence out in the country.

Anybody have a great guide for Fallout 1 & 2? I been fooling around in one but totally lost lol.

Hmm I used to have one bookmarked. Just use the good ol Google machine to find one.

I know installing a second hard drive is not a difficult thing, but I'm nervous anyhow as I've never done it before. Wish me luck!

Lol good luck.

Milamber

It seems as though most things in the US are cheaper. I'm talking groceries mostly. Services have hidden costs because fuck the min wage and tips etc.

That aside everything else is either monopolies fucking with prices, or lobbyists telling the gov to fuck with the prices, or speculators fucking with the prices, or the gov refusing to help with student loans aka fucking with the prices.

One thing that never gets through my head in the US, when I was there in vacation, was their tax. Oh, it costs only $9.99, here's a $10. What do you mean you need about a $1 more!?

donny2112

I've been wanting to start it for awhile but kept putting it off.

It's on my list to get to, but Tomb Raider: Underworld will probably be the next PC game I play (wanna finish that trilogy!). However if Playfire steps up with some rewards for it, will have to bump it up! That's what happened with a couple of other PC games that weren't at the top of my list before Playfire made it worthwhile to put them there. :lol

Danj

d9aa754009b30034d8679a94f7d7adfcd7b7a3e9_full.jpg
has been added to the OP:​

Don't suppose there's one of these for people in European time zones?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anybody have a great guide for Fallout 1 & 2? I been fooling around in one but totally lost lol.

You'll want the FIXT patch for F1

http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthread.php?194562

And the restored content patch for Fallout 2

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_2

As for a general guide to playing...Well, it's intentionally quite open ended. Typically you'll head east to Vault 15 and Aroyo and then southwards. But you can go where ever you like. You should save a lot and in multiple slots.

Mono

Finished all of the Blackwell games except for the newest one, Blackwell Epiphany (which looks like the best one yet!). Very solid point-and-clicks; I liked them a lot. I think my favorite one is either Blackwell Deception or the one with Lauren as the main character, but I might just like Deception the most because I played it first?

I can't wait to play Epiphany now! Hopefully the winter sale will knock down the price a bit.

Finished all of the Blackwell games except for the newest one, Blackwell Epiphany (which looks like the best one yet!). Very solid point-and-clicks; I liked them a lot. I think my favorite one is either Blackwell Deception or the one with Lauren as the main character, but I might just like Deception the most because I played it first?

I can't wait to play Epiphany now! Hopefully the winter sale will knock down the price a bit.

Is there a set order or should the games be played by order of release?

Tellaerin

I decided to play Timeshift, and it's driving me crazy.

Cranked up the graphics settings to max and all of the light sources (lamps, light fixtures, etc.) had large blazing white spiked polygon cones sticking out of them. Had to go through the settings turning things on and off until I found out that it was the HDR lighting causing it. Switched that off, and things seemed to be working alright until I got to the next level. Then I tried using my time powers for the first time, and the entire screen went white until I turned them off again. Went through all the graphics settings again, trying different things, but none of them made a difference. Use the time powers, and it's like someone set off a flashbang in my face.

Since time control's supposed to be the game's big hook, I said, "Screw this, I'll just uninstall it and play something else." I was a little bummed, though, because I enjoyed the start of the game - it has a sort of HL2-ish vibe to it that I like. So I windowed out of it for a sec to check my mail, switched back to exit out, and decided to try doing the "slow time" thing one last time just to see if it was completely unplayable like this before giving up.

Now the time powers work fine. >_< Switching focus apparently fixed the problem. Of course I have no idea if it's going to glitch out on me again, and I'm not sure whether or not I ought to push ahead or just move on to Singularity instead.

Copons

dfbslq02.png

WELTMEISTER

Yooo congrats!!
I watched the game in a sort of beach fair and the table just in front of me was occupied by like 20 Argentines of some kind of emigrant-relatives association (apparently Argentina is like 2/3 Italian or something :D) all dressed up in Argie colors, waving their flag.
I went there to support Argentina (because FFS Germany now has as many cups as us T_T ) but then in a rush of pure trolling I switched to Deutschland Uber Alles mode, cheering like a crazy every time Angela Merkel was on screen (also, Merkel is not like the most beloved politician ever in Italy :D ), shouting DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND and laughing every time Argentina got close to score.
I may have risked my life, but it was kinda worth it.

Actually, I've always been a Germany supporter, since I think 1994, when I discovered my (extremely far) German origins and there also was the fact that Germany jersey has always been so much more beautiful than Italian one. Then in mid 2000s a freak from Heidelberg with dreadlocks and all that stuff, stole my 6-years-long girlfriend in Erasmus, and my love for Germany was kinda downgraded to 1934-45 levels or something for several years. :p

because our superior internet would allow us to steamroll your laggy asses?

AHR AHR AHR, I hope you're not talking about Italy, where I'm paying for a 20 / 1, but in fact getting a 4/0.3 with disconnections all over the place (from one every hour to one every 30 seconds). All of this in a 500K people middle class residential neighborhood in Rome, so is not like we don't need a fair connection.

Benedict

Thinking of deleting my wishlist completely and start over. Accidentally clicked the empty wishlist button in the browser, panicked and closed the window.
Now everything is in chaos and at wrong places...
Might as well start over.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember when I used to play WoW almost non-stop every day, back in 2004.

Tried very hard not to get addicted to games since then :p

CS:S was almost literally all I played from 2006 'til 2011. I'd probably still be playing it today if I didn't switch ISPs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1 down, 4 to go. You know youre happy at your job when you start counting the days until youre off work from the FIRST day of the week >_>

oh well, cant complain really, most people i know dont even have jobs here these days so :/

AngerdX

Anyone up to carry me in payday 2, still havn´t even gotten around to play it yet or cs:go that i managed to snag last night on the cheap.

Just hit me up but be prepared that i do suck massively. :)

MRORANGE

There is nothing stopping you from creating your own events for other regions such as Europe and Asia.

Ask for admin status with the group creator for that game group and get organised. There are a TON of euro steam users here.

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone up to carry me in payday 2, still havn´t even gotten around to play it yet or cs:go that i managed to snag last night on the cheap.

i think the only one up right now are gooch and chariot. those two play Payday 2. But me and the rest, like Sub, Hug, and Frost are sleeping. (US players)

If I'm asleep, how am I typing this?

I don't know either.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I started playing with Shadownet and Huguustable and some other fellas recently. It's a lot of fun. You're welcome to join us at any time and don't worry most of us are newcomers to the game.

Mokoi

Banned
I decided to play Timeshift, and it's driving me crazy.

I hope I don't run into these problems once I decide to play it again. I really love this game and singularity. I suggest you should just keep pushing on until it glitches out again. The gameplay is really fun, so you should try to beat it. I liked it better than singularity, but that could just be nostalgia at work.

Shadownet

Banned
I started playing with Shadownet and Huguustable and some other fellas recently. It's a lot of fun. You're welcome to join us at any time and don't worry most of us are newcomers to the game.

Speak for yourself Sub :p

LOL I'm kidding, yeah I'm pretty new too. I think the only one who is near max level is gooch and Valgaran.

AngerdX

Thanks guys will definitly join up with you all now i got 3 week vacation so will have some time, i´ve basicly stopped MP games with randoms for almost all games, but having some good chill people might sway me back into it again. :)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Speak for yourself Sub :p

LOL I'm kidding, yeah I'm pretty new too. I think the only one who is near max level is gooch and Valgaran.

Yeah wasn't talking about you :p

You and Hug seem to know how every heist will go by heart

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah wasn't talking about you :p

You and Hug seem to know how every heist will go by heart

Trials and errors. Remember the Meth Job? Where we had to cook meth and then haul ass?

You wouldn't believe how many times Hug and I failed that. When all those shields come in and dozers.. them dozers..

Also trying to stealth the bank job... we had to restart that like 15 times before we pulled it off successfully.

------

Biggest Tips I can give you guys are:

1) Don't get too greedy, if there is one bag, one piece of jewelry left and you're being overwhelm. leave it. It's not worth failing a mission. Found that out the hard way.

2) Special Enemies:

-Spy looking guy that can knock you down in 1 kick = Cloaker -> we called them Sam Fisher.
-Big guy in black/blue HAZMAT looking armor wielding shotgun/machine gun that are bullet sponge (shoot them where their visors are) = Bulldozers -> we called them Dozer.
-Armored SWAT carrying shield (If you flank them. they become pretty easy to take down. Sometimes it take one person to flank and the other person to occupy their attention) = Shield.

3) If the group is planning something, wait until you hear all of the plan before running in :p Don't Leroy Jenkins it!

4) Place ammo/med bag in corners, or behind covers. So people don't have to be out in the open when trying to refill/heal.

5) If you see a Special Enemies or Snipers. take them down first.

6) Stick with your team, unless your plan require you to split off. You're MUCH stronger when you are together.

Honestly those are the only things I can think of. The rest, you just have to learn by playing, and failing and trying again :)

Arthea

It's too hot to do anything again.
Also I hit 1.4K games and later one game disappeared from my count, it was 1401, I wonder which one now, the horror of it

Every time I see new inventory items I hope it'll be booster packs and every time it's coupons.

don't we all?
I get randomest coupons at times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom