• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmix90

Hey everyone! Anyone needs Legendary lol? I know i know... i just tested if my paypal account got unlocked on steam..... three times.

image.php

Spelunky is the destroyer of backlog progression.

Especially on vita, so addictive and convenient!

I take it I'm not the only one who has had 0 luck since Christmas with these giveaways. :(

But still super generous on the giver's part. Not complaining!

Yeah... I haven't won any big games but it's all good. It's part of the fun anyway. Gaffers being generous is all that matters.

cHinzo

464426b669.jpg

Anyone from SteamGAF up for some Left 4 Dead 2 action? There is this pretty awesome custom campaign called Questionable Ethics which I wanna play with u guys.
Unlike the normal campaigns, this one is full of surprises, pitfalls, lasers, falling objects and a lot more!

Interested?
Download the campaign and double click on the .vpk file to install it.
Add me on Steam and we'll see if we can get enough people to play this one.

Available:
-cHinzo
-freshVeggie
-cwmartin
-Uzzy
-Black Soma

Alright I guess we got more than enough people for tonight. U guys available around 9 or 10 pm CET?

ok DeskGAF, need some advice.

New house means new desk. Now, I'm looking for something on the Home Office side because it will need to house my desktop stuff (usually case + keyboard/mouse + speakers + monitor) plus some space for my work laptop when I work from home.

I'm currently using an L-shaped desk that might be pushing 15 years and one way or another I don't think it'll survive another move. Anyone have relatively inexpensive suggestions?

Lomax

I just wish they'd extend the discount for a week. Pre-ordering a game with limited coverage just doesn't feel right.

Agreed. Some of the best games kept their pre-order discount for a week or so after release.

I've always felt like all pre-order bonuses should at very least include the day of release. Going back to my SNES days, I remember getting the bonuses (usually t-shirts) as long as I bought at the store at launch. I didn't even have the capability to pre-order things back then (or you made a non-binding refundable deposit). It's silly to make a day one purchaser feel like they are getting less, it has to decrease potential sales. The people who buy in the first week or two are every bit as much early adopters as those that pre-order.

I have a lot of interest in Abyss Odyssey, and a week of people playing it and saying how much they love it might finally sway me. But by then the discount will be gone and I'll end up waiting for a much bigger one.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
ok DeskGAF, need some advice.

New house means new desk. Now, I'm looking for something on the Home Office side because it will need to house my desktop stuff (usually case + keyboard/mouse + speakers + monitor) plus some space for my work laptop when I work from home.

I'm currently using an L-shaped desk that might be pushing 15 years and one way or another I don't think it'll survive another move. Anyone have relatively inexpensive suggestions?

I'd recommend this but it costs $200. Been using it for 3 years now and I'm very happy with it

Grief.exe

I've always felt like all pre-order bonuses should at very least include the day of release. Going back to my SNES days, I remember getting the bonuses (usually t-shirts) as long as I bought at the store at launch. I didn't even have the capability to pre-order things back then (or you made a non-binding refundable deposit). It's silly to make a day one purchaser feel like they are getting less, it has to decrease potential sales. The people who buy in the first week or two are every bit as much early adopters as those that pre-order.

I have a lot of interest in Abyss Odyssey, and a week of people playing it and saying how much they love it might finally sway me. But by then the discount will be gone and I'll end up waiting for a much bigger one.

Allows word of mouth to travel a bit as well. People will spread the word and market the game for you, discount will only help net further sales.

Yea it is the next game up in my backlog. Looks beautiful

I'm enjoying it so far, check it out when you can.

I'm also playing Marlow Briggs right now. It ripps so much from the GoW series it's actually hilarious but it's a very fun game.
It's a shame the enemies and environments are so generic, typical military dudes and overgrown bugs and your usual industrial/jungle settings. It's entertaining though and there's some funny dialogue in there, not the most polished game but definitely worth a shot if you're into the genre.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll try to keep these posts to a minimum, but, like always, I am humbled by the generosity of SteamGAF.

Here is the current M&M Cable Credit Scoreboard:

$18 from Morningbus
+$12 from Mokoi
+$6 from CorrosiveFrost
+$6 from Cheddahz
+$6 from Armoured Priest
+$6 from Toki767

For a total of 54 dollars! Thank you so much to everyone, including the two latest contributors Armoured Priest and Toki767!

Champions, the whole lot of you!

Grief.exe

Might have an early day today. Get home, finish up San Andreas, and get working on Divinity: OS.

Good chance some Cook Serve Delicious will be in the mix as well.

Divius

I probably broke something earlier just before I left. Unfortunately I won't be back home for a few hours. Sub Zero, if your giveaway doesn't give... away when the timer goes off, it will when I fix things. Everything is safe and no need to re-submit or anything like that. Sorry about that folks. It's because ModBot is still homeless and running on my Windows desktop and I can't get remote access from here to fix it.
Set up a kickstarter for ModBot funding :D I'm sure plenty of SteamGAF will contribute.

Caerith

Yeah, if the pre-order discount/bonus lasted out the week, I'd probably buy it before the weekend, but as it is I'll either buy it today or more likely wait until it hits -75%.

Nabs

Bingo. Instead of picking it up at $10 this week, I'll probably end up waiting for a bundle deal or a major discount.

Turfster

From Paris With Games sale (14th-16th)
  • -50% - How to Survive + DLC
  • -75% - Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
  • -30% - Wargame Franchise
  • -40% - Wargame Red Dragon
  • -40% - Bound By Flame
  • -33% - Space Run
  • -66% - Remember Me
  • -33% - Faery: Legend of Avalon
  • -75% - Shootmania Storm
  • -75% - Mars War Logs
  • -75% - The Last Express
  • -25% - Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon
  • -50% - Gauge
  • -75% - Storm
  • -70% - Puddle
  • -50% - Let’s Sing
  • -75% - Aarklash Legacy
  • -80% - Cities XL Platinum
  • -75% - Stellar Impact
  • -50% - Trackmania² Valley
  • -50% - Trackmania² Canyon
  • -75% - Trackmania² Stadium
  • -90% - EYE Cybermancy

_hekk05

Banned
Singapore

Hell yeah singaporegaf is now 3 member strong

In my experience, you need friends to play with if you wanna play multiplayer games. I've always found people to play l4d2 (though usually not enough for versus), Natural Selection 2, the old CODs (fuck blops 2), payday 2,and quite a few other games.

If all else fails you can play dota huehuehue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom