• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

So cool, I was just called by my ISP tech support (apparently the correct procedure to get something done is NOT to call them and politely ask, but to insult them on their FB page).
They told me what I already have known for years (I'm connected to an overcrowded and very far node, and this node is maintained by my ISP competitors because something something Italy something), they denied something (like that in fact the node isn't all that far, because there are people in much worse situations!), and eventually they told me they passed my complaint to their competitors (which as I said, maintain my node), and if they'll answer my ISP to go fuck itself (as I suspect they'll answer), my ISP is aware that I'd be paying too much for a crap service and they wouldn't be all that surprised if I changed ISP in the next couple of weeks or so.

Well, fuck everything, now my choices are or to stay with my current ISP with a 4/0.3 (0.3 of up speed FFS) that every now and then starts disconnecting every minute for a couple of hours, or going with their competitor for an alleged 30/3 fiber, paying twice as what I pay now (from 29 to 55€ per month).

I hate all this shit, I'd really love to live in a place where services companies are good guys.

Also, sorry for going off topic without alpacas and waifus, so I'll cue to Divinity: Original Sin, that I guess is quickly becoming my all time favourite RPG ever, even tho I still believe there are some flaws (mostly in the UI), and I really cannot figure how could it be playable in multiplayer with two people running around freely spoiling dialogues for the other or something.

BUT, it feels so free and funny and interesting to play, and I'm loving this kind of seamless turn based battles (random question: is Shadowrun Returns system similar?), so much that I actually started over several times just to try out different classes and skills.
I'm now rocking a Knight and a Wizard. I'm totally loving the Wizard even just with the oil+flare basic spells, while I'm not super digging the Knight: I'd preferred the Ranger, but then again I guessed at least a heavy guy was needed (
this was before I realized I could expand the party :D
).

Dialogues are totally brilliant, always with that quirky sense of humor I like.
And the attention to details, not only graphic, shows a gigantic cure and love for this game.

This is my first Divinity (I tried Divine Divinity a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not really in the mood for an old school CRPG), but I'll be sure to play more of them as soon as I finish D:OS - a thing that honestly I hope will never happen.

(so Milena, in case you were wondering: yeah, I'm loving it, like A LOT!!)

louiedog

Humble DRM-Freedom and Store dailies
Antichamber - 85% off - $19.99 $2.99
Assassin’s Creed® Director's Cut - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
Beyond Good & Evil® - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Far Cry® - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Far Cry® 2 Fortunes Edition - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Rayman® Origins - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
Anomaly Defenders - 40% off - $9.99 $5.99
Secrets of Rætikon - 40% off - $9.99 $5.99
140 - 80% off - $4.99 $0.99
Intake - 80% off - $4.99 $0.99
Alan Wake Franchise - 85% off - $39.99 $5.99

I'll try to keep these posts to a minimum, but, like always, I am humbled by the generosity of SteamGAF.

Here is the current M&M Cable Credit Scoreboard:

For a total of 54 dollars! Thank you so much to everyone, including the two latest contributors Armoured Priest and Toki767!

Champions, the whole lot of you!

hey, I won a couple days ago. Want my credit?

Fox318

From Paris With Games sale (14th-16th)
  • -50% - How to Survive + DLC
  • -75% - Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
  • -30% - Wargame Franchise
  • -40% - Wargame Red Dragon
  • -40% - Bound By Flame
  • -33% - Space Run
  • -66% - Remember Me
  • -33% - Faery: Legend of Avalon
  • -75% - Shootmania Storm
  • -75% - Mars War Logs
  • -75% - The Last Express
  • -25% - Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon
  • -50% - Gauge
  • -75% - Storm
  • -70% - Puddle
  • -50% - Let’s Sing
  • -75% - Aarklash Legacy
  • -80% - Cities XL Platinum
  • -75% - Stellar Impact
  • -50% - Trackmania² Valley
  • -50% - Trackmania² Canyon
  • -75% - Trackmania² Stadium
  • -90% - EYE Cybermancy

Is Remember me any good?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
All the french games are good except the two Spiders RPGs. Avoid them like the plague

Toki767

Is Remember me any good?

It was fine. It was just...forgettable. The combat's fun, although I feel like it could have used a bit more refinement. I guess the story just wasn't all that interesting to me. Although I did play Enslaved before that which was really good.

Anteater

Is Remember me any good?

I haven't played it but from what I can tell it seems to be one of those pretty games with ok mechanics but nothing spectacular, I'm thinking it's Enslaved tier game with some gimmicks that aren't too fleshed out. I really want to play it though but short on cash so I'll probably wait a bit more.

Jawmuncher

Post Mortem and Still Life are good adventure games.
They're similar to Syberia in that they're 3D adventure games.

Never played Still Life 2 though.
But never heard good things about it.

Xanathus

Hell yeah singaporegaf is now 3 member strong

In my experience, you need friends to play with if you wanna play multiplayer games. I've always found people to play l4d2 (though usually not enough for versus), Natural Selection 2, the old CODs (fuck blops 2), payday 2,and quite a few other games.

If all else fails you can play dota huehuehue

I'm Malaysia GAF so that's sorta like 4? Was there going to be a separate Asia GAF Game Night steam group or is the plan just to use the main steam group?

derExperte

Intake - 80% off - $4.99 $0.99

Oh, that's been on my wishlist for a while but no discount during summer sale. It'll probably appear in a bundle as soon as I buy it though.

Has anyone played this? The trailer looks interesting and I have it on my wishlist but I have no idea what to expect from it.

Got many negative reviews/opninions from SteamGAFers but some of the problems could've been fixed by the latest patch.

dot

All the french games are good except the two Spiders RPGs. Avoid them like the plague

You should avoid spiders in general, really. They're terrible creatures.

I think i've been subconsciously holding off playing Dark Souls II because of that one spider place i keep hearing about...

Sarcasm

Hell yeah singaporegaf is now 3 member strong

In my experience, you need friends to play with if you wanna play multiplayer games. I've always found people to play l4d2 (though usually not enough for versus), Natural Selection 2, the old CODs (fuck blops 2), payday 2,and quite a few other games.

If all else fails you can play dota huehuehue

What yea gonna ignore us folk in Taiwan?

How typical!!!11

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tempted to get Far Cry 2 DRM-Free.

Oh how fun it was when I realised that the reason my Uplay password wasn't working within Far Cry 2 was that while Uplay accepts special characters, Far Cry 2's own in-game form does not. Worse still is that this was just a couple of years ago, so Ubi never bothered to patch in consistency -- not that this surprised me, mind you. Ubi's always been a "Ship it, DLC it, forget it" company.

cyrok

oh, look - a new AssCreed gameplay trailer
(with no actual gameplay whatsoever, naturally)

It's actually funny, I keep thinking that they wont make a present day Assassin's Creed game because we don't have bails of hay all around our cities and they can't get passed that. But that drop down system looks pretty fun. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks

Anteater

except not really, though ;) sure - it was in-game ... but that wasn't ACTUAL gameplay

what do you mean, that's how the gameplay was in ass creed 2, you go up to 2 dudes from behind and press a button and you stab them, which was in the video, that's the gameplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom