• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

464426b669.jpg

Anyone from SteamGAF up for some Left 4 Dead 2 action? There is this pretty awesome custom campaign called Questionable Ethics which I wanna play with u guys.
Unlike the normal campaigns, this one is full of surprises, pitfalls, lasers, falling objects and a lot more!

Interested?
Download the campaign and double click on the .vpk file to install it or drop it in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons
Add me on Steam and we'll see if we can get enough people to play this one.

Available:
-cHinzo
-freshVeggie
-cwmartin
-Uzzy
-Black Soma?
-Halo 2?
-Black Status?
-Divius?

t1405368000z0.png

One hour left until we start! If we got more than 4 people, we can just make multiple lobbies.

diablogod

I got a copy of The Witcher 3 for 8 TF2 Keys.

I also pre-ordered the physical collectors edition for Windows PC from Best Buy for $118 so I don't feel bad.

I'm kind of torn regarding Witcher 3.

It has just become clear to me that I cannot afford to upgrade my video card this year for this game. It's going to either be my current PC (2500k with an MSI 7850 twinfrozr) or PS4.

What are the odds that computer will perform better than the ps4 version?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what's the general consensus with these region trading restrictions? I'll be honest I don't fully understand them, there seem to be at least a couple of different options publishers can set on games that affect them in different ways.

If you are gifted a game from a region where it is later restricted, and activate it to your account, you're fine? Steam just doesn't allow gifting of games that can't be sent to your region, i.e. those games already restricted at time of gifting? Or can some games get retroactively locked even if the gift has been activated?

The various region-locking options are thus:

Language-based: Used with region-specific subs, publishers can elect to supply only specific non-English languages. -- e.g. Watch Dogs RU supports only Russian.
Special notes: None.

Runtime-based: Used with region-specific subs, onlyallowrunincountries or its sister prohibitrunincountries allow publishers to allow/deny access to specific users based on their IP address. This is by far the most annoying method and up until ACRTAG was also the most popular. -- e.g. Age of Mythology RU (allows only Eastern European IPs)/Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW (prohibits German IPs).
Special notes: Affects everybody who has the sub, both those with unused gift copies sourced from the restricted regions (game is region-locked at the activation level) and those with activated copies (game detects launch eligibility based on IP address).

Gifting/trading-based (1): Used with any sub, AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting being disabled results in gift copies sourced from South American, South-east Asian or Eastern European users being region-locked at the activation level. Unlike the above OARIC/PRINC, however, if you'd activated your copy before the flag were implemented, then it will remain region-free. -- e.g. Valiant Hearts RU.
Special notes: Does by itself not affect activated copies -- they remain region-free.

Gifting/trading-based (2): Used with any sub, publishers can elect to disable the gift purchase function entirely. Unfortunately, this isn't something SteamDB can detect; fortunately, though, it's something that is easily circumvented. -- e.g. DE:HR Director's Cut.

It has just become clear to me that I cannot afford to upgrade my video card this year for this game. It's going to either be my current PC (2500k with an MSI 7850 twinfrozr) or PS4.

That the game will perform better on PC v console? Or your current PC vs a PS4?

JaseC

They tweeted about it over the weekend on the Darksiders twitter account (not sure if you noticed that, have been away from the thread over the weekend). Just had a screenshot and said Linux or whatever.

Yeah, I know, hence "super-duper confirmed". ;)

Toki767

It'll perform better on the PS4, but probably not by much.

PaulLFC

The various region-locking options are thus:

Language-based: Used with region-specific subs, publishers can elect to supply only specific non-English languages. -- e.g. Watch Dogs RU supports only Russian.

Runtime-based: Used with region-specific subs onlyallowrunincountries or its sister prohibitrunincountries allows publishers to allow/deny access to specific users based on their IP address. This is by far the most annoying method and up until ACRTAG was also the most popular. -- e.g. Age of Mythology RU (allows only Eastern European IPs)/Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW (prohibits German IPs).
Special notes: Affects everybody who has the sub, both those with unused gift copies sourced from the restricted regions (game is region-locked at the activation level) and those with activated copies (game detects launch eligibility based on IP address).

Gifting/trading-based (1): Used with any sub, AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting being disabled results in gift copies sourced from South American, South-east Asian or Eastern European users being region-locked at the activation level. Unlike the above OARIC/PRINC, however, if you'd activated your copy before the flag were implemented, then it will remain region-free. -- e.g. Valiant Hearts RU.
Special notes: Does by itself not affect activated copies -- they remain region-free.

Gifting/trading-based (2): Used with any sub, publishers can elect to disable the gift purchase function entirely. Unfortunately, this isn't something SteamDB can detect; fortunately, though, it's something that is easily circumvented. -- e.g. DE:HR Director's Cut.
Thanks for this, much appreciated.

That the game will perform better on PC v console? Or your current PC vs a PS4?

My current PC.

It'll perform better on the PS4, but probably not by much.

I may resign myself to the ps4 version this time, then. I expect that I'll be impressed either way.

New Indie Gala monday up for $1.49:

https://www.indiegala.com/monday
One Finger Death Punch
Ichi
Galactic Arms Race
Dysan the Shapeshifter
Rhythm Destruction
Millie & Cafe 0.

Worth it for One Finger Death Punch if you don't already have it. Galactic Arms Race is pretty decent too.

Still playing the copy of One Finger Death Punch I paid $2.50 for during the summer sale. Already got my money's worth from it, I think. In fact, I'm starting to get the impression that this game has a lot more content than its mechanics call for :p

masterkajo

Just finished The Wolf Among Us. What a game. I enjoyed it more than The Walking Dead. The world and characters really came to live and I was quite satisfied how it all ended in my playthrough.

Really hope for a Season 2.

Dr Dogg

So after what has felt like the longest day ever I go to catch up on this thread and see that ModBot is still Sofa Surfing on Stump's PC, a bunch of crazy people are paying off morningbus' cable bill instead of their own, Humble have yet another bundle offer in their already crowded circulation and now what with all the waifu chatter GAF is displaying me semi-erotic Pay2Perv RPG ads. I think I need an early night.

JaseC

So i guess, Shadows of Mordor is next ?

WB has, historically, been very good about avoiding region-locking. The only reason Injustice's store sub is region-locked is because Valve took it upon itself to slap ACRTAG on a bunch of games that were popular among traders at the time -- granted, though, WB didn't remove it* as many of the other publishers involved did once they learned of what happened.

* Well, it was removed... for a very brief moment, and then put back in place. But the point is that WB didn't make the first move.

So after what has felt like the longest day ever I go to catch up on this thread and see that ModBot is still Sofa Surfing on Stump's PC, a bunch of crazy people are paying off morningbus' cable bill instead of their own, Humble have yet another bundle offer in their already crowded circulation and now what with all the waifu chatter GAF is displaying me semi-erotic Pay2Perv RPG ads. I think I need an early night.

I think you've just about summed it up.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
DRR... DRR... DRR...

This is my barricade. It was made for me.

This week I launch my first game on Steam.

Congrats, and good luck!

The reason I implemented that rule is because it's always been a pain in the ass to do those ModBot mega trash dump giveaways and this makes it easier for me, and while I'm doing it, it might as well be available to the public, and I sort of felt like it was unfair to have the mega garbage dump giveaways and have them count as wins for winners, when the whole point is that well and truly no one cares if you take theses. I do NOT recommend anyone uses this at all; if you want to just get rid of something, just do a giveaway with no rules. But it's there if you must.

Garbage dump giveaways will have this image attached too:
IiQn4cO.jpg

That's a pretty good image. The rule is probably going to help a lot with mega dumps like some of JaseC's giveaways, good to see something like this has be implemented.

Millennium 2 keys are available for the groupees BAB5 bundle

Still no keys if you bought it from GMG, which the dev promised would get Steam keys.

Will it have BDSM demonstrations?

From Paris With Games sale (14th-16th)
-75% - The Last Express

Everyone needs to buy this game. It's really good.

oh, look - a new AssCreed gameplay trailer
(with no actual gameplay whatsoever, naturally)

Ubisoft- Next gen starts here.

YiZ0zgK.png

New Indie Gala monday up for $1.49:

https://www.indiegala.com/monday
One Finger Death Punch
Ichi
Galactic Arms Race
Dysan the Shapeshifter
Rhythm Destruction
Millie
Cafe 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ (Desura/Greenlight)

Worth it for One Finger Death Punch if you don't already have it. Galactic Arms Race is pretty decent too.

One step closer to getting Cafe 0 on Steam. I can't wait

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, is Modbot down or something? I have a spare One Finger Death Punch and Ichi keys...

seems so, I did a one finger and rhythm destruction raffle and it didnt stick

The_Monk

Hello my good people, hope you are all fine. I don't even remember the last time I posted in here, really missing all of you...
:(

I don't even know what I missed, I still have the last episode of the Wolf Among Us to play. I'm sure there's a lot more I've missed.

AHA-Lambda

I think I might be going crazy, but for as much as it is obviously a mobile game and the mechanics are definitely ropey to say the least, I don't think Deus Ex The Fall is actually THAT bad :s

JustLynx

WB has, historically, been very good about avoiding region-locking. The only reason Injustice's store sub is region-locked is because Valve took it upon itself to slap ACRTAG on a bunch of games that were popular among traders at the time -- granted, though, WB didn't remove it* as many of the other publishers involved did once they learned of what happened.

* Well, it was removed... for a very brief moment, and then put back in place.

So it's all sort of gambling :(
I'll sleep on it and think... if it was the same price as Witcher 3 was i would've bought it instantly... but its around 5 more keys
decisions decisions...

and thanks for the reply :p

Anteater

Hello my good people, hope you are all fine. I don't even remember the last time I posted in here, really missing all of you...

I don't even know what I missed, I still have the last episode of the Wolf Among Us to play. I'm sure there's a lot more I've missed.

welcome back, we got some new people in here since the last sale, so the thread has been going really fast, we're actually on the second thread and we're just barely half way through july!

yoshizzle

You're in for a treat! :)

JaseC

Jealous. I'll be stuck with 6Mbps ADSL2+ for the foreseeable future, downloading at 600kb/s sucks. If I'm lucky I'll get NBN Wireless sometime in the next couple of years, a tower was going to be built nearby but I've no idea if that's still the case.

If it's any consolation, I sync at a similar speed (~7Mb on the rare good days; generally ~6.5Mb) and as far as my FSAM is concerned it's been a very long time coming: annoyingly, my area was considered as "construction commenced" way back in September 2012, but Syntheo never actually did any work here and so only a few months ago did the ball start rolling. Better ~19 months late than never, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom