• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ubisoft- Next gen starts here.

YiZ0zgK.png

dat Uncanny Valley

Ezalc

You now have one extra chance at 7 games from Codemasters with the Humble Flash Re-Bundle!

https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

1$
Overlord
Overlord: Raising Hell DLC Overlord: Raising Hell DLC
Operation Flashpoint: Red River Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Rise of the Argonauts Rise of the Argonauts

$6
DiRT Showdown DiRT Showdown
DiRT 3 DiRT 3
Overlord II Overlord II

What no Dirt 2? One day I'll get a steam copy of it. I believe :(

Parsnip

Totally crossposting this from the AC Unity trailer thread because I have no shame.
But I think it's very interesting that they used different press quotes in the UK and US trailer.
UK on the left, US on the right.

Maybe their marketing has determined that US consumers respond better to one-word soundbites about graphics.

Other difference I found interesting was the trailer voice guy telling you about the pre-order stuff in US trailer, while UK trailer is just ominous animus ambiance in that part.

Anteater

I finally started Vanquish after grabbing it for cheap on 360 and all I can say is damn this would be a good PC game. Sega needs to wake up.

I mean everything about the gameplay screams play me at 120 fps in 4K with a mouse for aiming.

vanquish is awesome, has near perfect controls and this is their first attempt at a fast paced tps, too bad we'll probably never get a sequel.

The_Monk

welcome back, we got some new people in here since the last sale, so the thread has been going really fast, we're actually on the second thread and we're just barely half way through july!

As expected. Thanks. ;)

You're in for a treat! :)

I really hope so! I've been enjoying the ride from both The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead S2, can't wait to grab some time to relax and play this last episode.

Well, if anyone ever need something from me you can always PM me or leave a message on Steam. While I can't keep with the latest things and news I'm always ready to help someone with anything or just to vent/rant/etc.

Toki767

Tempting as it is to pick up The Witcher 3 now, I know my computer won't be able to run it as well as my PS4, so I'll probably buy it on PS4 and double dip when it's $5 and I hopefully have a more powerful computer.

Echoplx

Yes, you're fine. The sub is two hours old now and has yet to be put up on the store, so it's looking likely, as I said earlier, that it's a post-release sub.

I wonder if Namco or Warner have any control over the digital versions of the game. I always assumed that's why there are two different ROW subs.

Jawmuncher

Just beat SteamWorld Dig.
Definitely a fun game worth anyone's time.
Though it's been talked to death on here so i'm just adding my name to the list of people recommending it.

Fox318

Totally crossposting this from the AC Unity trailer thread because I have no shame.
But I think it's very interesting that they used different press quotes in the UK and US trailer.
UK on the left, US on the right.

Maybe their marketing has determined that US consumers respond better to one-word soundbites about graphics.

Other difference I found interesting was the trailer voice guy telling you about the pre-order stuff in US trailer, while UK trailer is just ominous animus ambiance in that part.

Use less word post

Me no understand

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Namco or Warner have any control over the digital versions of the game. I always assumed that's why there are two different ROW subs.

They definitely do; they're splitting the cost of the $25m marketing budget. Even Valve had to throw together the GLaDOS@Home... thing after EA complained about the Friday unlock date, and unlike CDPR, Valve was funding development and marketing, with EA's role being limited purely to physical distribution.

Tenrius

Oh, JaseC finally got a tag. And a nice one at that (I've been away for a few days, so I'm a bit out of the loop). I have two other things I'd like to share with SteamGAF at this time:

a) Sniper Elite V2 is, without a doubt, a good game. It might have some pretty bad AI and not the best level design, but the mechanics are intrinsically satisfying, whether you're landing one of those super cool slo-mo X-ray sniper shots or desperately switching to a machine gun upon being discovered. Give it a try if you like action games.

b) I got a Wii U today! With all this talk about the glorious Wii U + PC combo here, I'd imagine this thread would have quite a few of Wii U owners. So add on Miiverse me if you like. I have 159 Steam friends and 0 Miiverse friends (have a 3DS too, by the way).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Oh, JaseC finally got a tag. And a nice one at that (I've been away for a few days, so I'm a bit out of the loop). I have two other things I'd like to share with SteamGAF at this time:

a) Sniper Elite V2 is, without a doubt, a good game. It might have some pretty bad AI and not the best level design, but the mechanics are intrinsically satisfying, whether you're landing one of those super cool slo-mo X-ray sniper shots or desperately switching to a machine gun upon being discovered. Give it a try if you like action games.

b) I got a Wii U today! With all this talk about the glorious Wii U + PC combo here, I'd imagine this thread would have quite a few of Wii U owners. So add on Miiverse me if you like. I have 159 Steam friends and 0 Miiverse friends (have a 3DS too, by the way).

regarding a) - you might want to try both Nazi Zombie games by Rebellion :) I'm pretty sure most people here hate those games ... but I personally found them incredibly fun to play with friends :) just my 2 cents

Yakkue

where are you new blink bundle :(

Should be coming really soon:
We have another trading cards bundle launching next week with another bundle nearly ready to go as well. We're rearranging things with the first of our special promotions bundle (the earlier than usual Steam sale forced us to shift things), but it should be set shortly.

Summer sale dates are fairly random, so I would always expect a gap from us in the future. We don't really have any intention of having bundles running during the two big Steam sales. Winter sale is pretty easy to work around. Summer sale is a bit different.
07-11-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom