• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

My current PC.

I may resign myself to the ps4 version this time, then. I expect that I'll be impressed either way.

Still playing the copy of One Finger Death Punch I paid $2.50 for during the summer sale. Already got my money's worth from it, I think. In fact, I'm starting to get the impression that this game has a lot more content than its mechanics call for :p
Ps4 is 1080p/high

Tizoc

What no Dirt 2? One day I'll get a steam copy of it. I believe :(

I got it off GMG when it was on sale. Got the compelte edition for like $7.50
Adsoft_direct_local_marketing_automation_kermit.XXX_.jpg

Vuze

Totally crossposting this from the AC Unity trailer thread because I have no shame.
But I think it's very interesting that they used different press quotes in the UK and US trailer.
UK on the left, US on the right.

Maybe their marketing has determined that US consumers respond better to one-word soundbites about graphics.

Other difference I found interesting was the trailer voice guy telling you about the pre-order stuff in US trailer, while UK trailer is just ominous animus ambiance in that part.

That's quite interesting indeed, thanks for crossposting would totally have missed this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a new bank card, but just to be certain adding a new card only locks you out of the market not store purchases too, right?

The Market restriction only comes into effect if you use it to add funds to your Wallet without first using it to buy something on the store.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"This is a smasher!

Get 20% off* tons of great games across the GMG store. However, that's a pretty standard message, isn't it? To excite things a bit, there's something different about this voucher. Something tastier. We'll see if you can work it out for yourself ;)"

anyone figure out whats different about this voucher yet? it still doesnt work with credit so what the fuck is it?

Tenrius

I hope you've already bought the Wonderful 101. It's so good.

Not yet. I've bought the Wind Waker HD bundle and I also have the copy of Zombi U I got on the cheap a month ago. That's it so far, but I'm also looking into buying a Mario Kart 8 promotion code, been debating whether I should get Pikmin 3 or The Wonderful 101 with it and still not sure (will check out the demo of TW101 today).

regarding a) - you might want to try both Nazi Zombie games by Rebellion :) I'm pretty sure most people here hate those games ... but I personally found them incredibly fun to play with friends :) just my 2 cents

That sounds good, thanks.

"This is a smasher!

Get 20% off* tons of great games across the GMG store. However, that's a pretty standard message, isn't it? To excite things a bit, there's something different about this voucher. Something tastier. We'll see if you can work it out for yourself ;)"

anyone figure out whats different about this voucher yet? it still doesnt work with credit so what the fuck is it?

I think it doesn't require any minimum shopping cart value

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Urge to buy arcade stick rising, but damn those cats are expensive

Hugstable

Banned
Not yet. I've bought the Wind Waker HD bundle and I also have the copy of Zombi U I got on the cheap a month ago. That's it so far, but I'm also looking into buying a Mario Kart 8 promotion code, been debating whether I should get Pikmin 3 or The Wonderful 101 with it and still not sure (will check out the demo of TW101 today).

That sounds good, thanks.

Just know that the Demo of Wonderful 101 is actually not very good in comparison to the full game. They just throw you in and don't really explain even the basic shit, plus I've seen people who were turned off from the demo that went and ended up loving the full game (I was one of them)

I bought Abyss Odyssey thanks to you Nito. Am I in your good books again?

Just know that the Demo of Wonderful 101 is actually not very good in comparison to the full game. They just throw you in and don't really explain even the basic shit, plus I've seen people who were turned off from the demo that went and ended up loving the full game (I was one of them)

I actually liked the W101 demo. I have yet to play the full game yet though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
header_292x136.jpg

"Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon is an Action/RPG type of game, totally novel and initially developed for SNK’s Neo-Geo console."

whut? o_O

UncleBiz

[/so_good.gif]

Any tips for a new Divinity player?

I understand the opening areas can be tough.
if enemies are a higher level than you, go somewhere else unless you're playing on easy or have really strong gear. otherwise, keep exploring and find somewhere your level or lower

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
H24neru.jpg

[/so_good.gif]

Any tips for a new Divinity player?

I understand the opening areas can be tough.

Gather as many quests as you can in Cyseaal and leave the town by the western gate.Fight monsters that are not higher lever than you, because in the start you don't have any gear or spells that can give you an advantage when fighting stronger enemies.

If the Undead of the first Act are giving you trouble be sure to invest skill points in pyromancy. Most of them are spitting out poison which goes boom if hit with fire.

I'd love to give more tips but they could be considered spoilerish for some

liezryou

This has been me for the past 1 hour+ since you guys scared everyone about witcher 3 getting locked soon xD.

typing.gif

PHEW!
Still have 3 witchers available

So i'm only at level 3, but Ultionus: A Tale Of Petty Revenge has to be one of the best games i bought during the steam sale. That game is just a really fun old-school platform/action game with some fantastic music.

This has been me for the past 1 hour+ since you guys scared everyone about witcher 3 getting locked soon xD.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/typing.gif[IMG]

PHEW! [SPOILER]Still have 3 witchers available[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I think you posted the wrong gif.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/make-it-rain-gif.gif?w=500

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Zombi U is a great survival horror game, easily one of the best third party games on the Wii U. Now that they've fixed the maddening game breaking bugs, that is.

The demo showcases the most boring part of W101 in my opinion. It's a game with a slow start that takes off and just keeps getting better as the game goes along.

Pikmin is, well, Pikmin.

header_292x136.jpg

"Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon is an Action/RPG type of game, totally novel and initially developed for SNK’s Neo-Geo console."

whut? o_O

That looks sort of good. Gameplay looks smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom