• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berto

H24neru.jpg

[/so_good.gif]
That second one is an ok game.
All over my face

Tizoc

header_292x136.jpg

"Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon is an Action/RPG type of game, totally novel and initially developed for SNK’s Neo-Geo console."

whut? o_O

The fudge? When is this releasing? I'm at work so I can't check steam. Will wishlist it after seeing what the gameplay looks like.

Hugstable

Banned
To buy or not to buy Witcher 3 now..

Buy it! If you think you're gonna buy it in the future anyway, then it's definitely worth it to pick it up now while it's cheap and not region locked, other wise it'll cost anywhere from 47-60$ That's what pushed me over the edge, plus the like the Witcher series too much.

HOLY CRAP STEAMGAF HOLD ME! A TREE JUST CAUGHT ON FIRE OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE. GODDAMN LIGHTNING!!

lol good thing we took a break from Payday 2

I actually liked the W101 demo. I have yet to play the full game yet though.

You need to play the full game sometime, it's so much better than the demo is. The boss fights are some truly fun stuff.

Turfster

Damn Witcher 3 region locking.
Don't rush me, I'm an old man!
I'm still thinking it over here!

*shakes zimmerframe and yells at the clouds*

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment where you dont buy a 1.79€ game because it will probably come in a bundle eventually...

:(

Shadownet

Banned
Damn Witcher 3 region locking.
Don't rush me, I'm an old man!
I'm still thinking it over here!

*shakes zimmerframe and yells at the clouds*

according to Dunder, the new copies are now locked. he got some left in his inventory that aren't locked yet. so thanks god.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-07-14_23-15-37.jpg

WOOHOO!! I got the last copy!!! :D

I for one welcome our Russian
Bear
overlord :p

Ifrit

Great news. Is there a source port for blood 1 ?

Unfortunately no

Pretty disappointing not being able to play such an awesome game on modern systems with better resolutions and control.

The dosbox version (pretty much the only way you can play it these days afaik) doesn't support the higher resolution modes of the original; and the mouse control is a little wonky and could be improved a lot

A port of Blood like Duke 3d Megaton and SW Classic Redux would be a dream come true

Lomax

So, Super Panda Adventures is... surprisingly not bad. Started it up for the playfire "played first" reward and ended up playing it for over an hour. Very serviceable play, decent controls with a controller, and the graphics are decent without feeling the need to be retro-ugly. Worth a shot if you've got it laying around from a bundle.

Pachimari

Anyone here doing strictly PC gaming?

I already sold my Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360. But I'm considering getting rid of the 3DS and Wii U as well.

And then just keeping my Gaming PC, PlayStation 4 and iPhone for my gaming needs.

I would like to hear how people with only a PC are doing. Or even a PC and PS4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
more games getting region locked in russia (which I fully believe will happen) is the deffinition of "this is why we cant have nice things"

So, Super Panda Adventures is... surprisingly not bad. Started it up for the playfire "played first" reward and ended up playing it for over an hour. Very serviceable play, decent controls with a controller, and the graphics are decent without feeling the need to be retro-ugly. Worth a shot if you've got it laying around from a bundle.

it also has cards

liezryou

I think you posted the wrong gif.

Not really, if i wanted real bank i would have hoarded 15-20 copies and then resold in a couple of weeks for 30-40$.

I sold all my copies to GAF except 1, which I'm keeping in case i actually manage to get a computer that can run Witcher 3.

As for witcher 3: We have had a good run my friend. Adios amigo :(

Rhaknar

Not really, if i wanted real bank i would have hoarded 15-20 copies and then resold in a couple of weeks for 30-40$.

I sold all my copies to GAF except 1, which I'm keeping in case i actually manage to get a computer that can run Witcher 3.

As for witcher 3: We have had a good run my friend. Adios amigo :(

Divinity is next

BruteUA

Unfortunately no

Pretty disappointing not being able to play such an awesome game on modern systems with better resolutions and control.

The dosbox version (pretty much the only way you can play it these days afaik) doesn't support the higher resolution modes of the original and the mouse control is a little wonky and could be improved a lot

A port of Blood like Duke 3d Megaton and SW Classic Redux would be a dream come true

I was about to buy Blood, happened to click on the forums first and see that it's the Dosbox version. Reminded me that I bought it from GOG back in November and never downloaded it. I've got problems.

Jawmuncher

I already sold my Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360. But I'm considering getting rid of the 3DS and Wii U as well.

And then just keeping my Gaming PC, PlayStation 4 and iPhone for my gaming needs.

It really just depends on how you game whether you need your consoles or not.
For me I need to have them all since I try my best to play any and all exclusives that interest me. So that's the only way I can go. But if you can wait on that sort of thing like a lot of people here did or you aren't invested in any current franchises that you know are console only. Then sticking to just PC is easy.

In the end it's going to come down to. How much do I play these and will I play them more in the future?

dani_dc

Can't bring myself to do it, especially with handhelds and Nintendo consoles, just too many exclusives with those (still no Wii U but I'm thinking of getting one before the end of the year).

Honestly, PC's have more than enough games to keep you busy for a lifetime, it's nothing more than a question if the other platforms (handhelds and consoles) having exclusives you want to play or not.

Helmholtz

Yeah I've been PC Only for like 4+ years. Doing just fine. There are a few games I've missed out on like Last of Us, but for the most part the games I want come to Steam. I go through games at a really slow pace though - for the most part my main game is Dota,2, and then I'll occasionally tackle a single player game. I typically have no problem playing games long after they're released, so I'm still playing games that came out 2+ years ago. Gonna be a bummer when Bloodborne comes out though. Might have to look into PS4 at that point.

Rhaknar

cant wait to see all the wonderful steam user reviews My Ex-Boyfriend The Space Tyrant gets

Lomax

I've been strictly PC for a long time now (assuming you ignore tablet/mobile gaming). I can count on one hand the number of games I'm sad I missed out on. I have hundreds and hundreds of games including basically every major release of the last decade, and I have spent a fraction of what they would be on a console.

That said, Nintendo games are unique and certainly not present on the PC, so if there's a strong argument for consoles worth keeping, your 3DS and Wii U are probably it, just long long as you're comfortable just using them occasionally for Nintendo first party titles. To me, having a PS4 is completely redundant and offers very little over PC only.

Nope. I still have my 360 around for select games like Fight Night Champion, Dynasty warriors titles, Warriors Orochi titles, and the occasional Street Fighter IV or MVC 3 local vs matches with friends. There's just some games my ol 360 is still good for.

Pachimari

It really just depends on how you game whether you need your consoles or not.
For me I need to have them all since I try my best to play any and all exclusives that interest me. So that's the only way I can go. But if you can wait on that sort of thing like a lot of people here did or you aren't invested in any current franchises that you know are console only. Then sticking to just PC is easy.

In the end it's going to come down to. How much do I play these and will I play them more in the future?

Can't bring myself to do it, especially with handhelds and Nintendo consoles, just too many exclusives with those (still no Wii U but I'm thinking of getting one before the end of the year).

Honestly, PC's have more than enough games to keep you busy for a lifetime, it's nothing more than a question if the other platforms (handhelds and consoles) having exclusives you want to play or not.

Yeah. I have had all consoles for years and love the exclusives, and really fell in love with Nintendo games 2 years ago, but when I look at my life in a larger perspective, I also see that I have maybe spent too much time gaming, and I want to distance myself a little from it. Not fully, but a little, so I can focus on my problems, my network, my education, work and generally my future.

For some weird reason I think I might be content with just games in life, and that's not healthy nor any good, so it might do me good, if I sell some of these systems and focus more on all other parts of my life. Actually, I never complete my games.

I'll still have my PC, PS4 (for Metal Gear, FIFA, Sony exclusives, Final Fantasy, Tekken etc) and iPhone for gaming on the go (Wave Wave, Super Hexagon, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy etc.)

Ever since building my Gaming PC, I also don't see the value in paying $60 for console games anymore. Metal Gear is my favorite franchise, and I can't even get myself to buy Ground Zeroes after having seen all these sales on PC.

Rhaknar

did Warmachine Tactics get a price drop for everyone?

it was 59.99€ yesterday now its 47.81€

Sendou

Not strictly, no. I'm a big fan of Nintendo games so I'll probably always buy systems they are appearing on. That said beyond that I see no value in gaming outside of PC. Missing an exclusive there and there doesn't bother me because I just aren't a big fan of any of Sony's 1st party studios and Microsoft's isn't looking a lot better. I have just found that PC is the best place to play games on.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
did Warmachine Tactics get a price drop for everyone?

it was 59.99€ yesterday now its 47.81€

Speaking of which, I got an unused kickstarter key. To Modbot or not to Modbot?

how much are you selling it for? lol

Ah thought you were talking about selling keys. I don't sell games but I'm always selling keys at the current rate or maybeee a bit lower for my fellow GAF bros ;)

Shadownet

Banned
Speaking of which, I got an unused kickstarter key. To Modbot or not to Modbot?

Ah thought you were talking about selling keys. I don't sell games but I'm always selling keys at the current rate or maybeee a bit lower for my fellow GAF bros ;)

No I am talking about keys. How much would you sell me keys for :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom