• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
here be games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-E97448A69A98D222 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 8 entrants total.
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-59F4912C7593A5E4 - Taken by Hugstable. 2 entrants total.

t1405377392z1.png

Some screenshots with the L4D game with gaffers. Really really cool campaign.
Wait, YOU are GMAN ?
Was an intense map. Died too often though, haha.
Yep, was really nice. And I'd say it gets better and better as you go on.
Dem cars
And dat ending too
That damn car falling right on my head. Dammit I didn't see that one coming.

Here some more pics when we waited until Soma filled his tummy.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Not exactly, they changed the SUB = the witcher 3 you guys are now buying can now be either activation locked OR runtime locked. Before the US/RU subs were clumped together, now it is not.

If you buy now, very likely you can end up with a useless copy u can't even use without a RU VPN.

If you need a comparison, check my inventory, the first witcher 3 = prechange, the second witcher 3 = postchange.

Also see: http://steamdb.info/sub/47807/

Maybe I'm blind but I can't see any difference in the two copies from your inventory. Not exclamation marks or anything like that

AHA-Lambda

Anyone here doing strictly PC gaming?

I already sold my Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360. But I'm considering getting rid of the 3DS and Wii U as well.

And then just keeping my Gaming PC, PlayStation 4 and iPhone for my gaming needs.

I would like to hear how people with only a PC are doing. Or even a PC and PS4.

I'm pc and ps4 only right now and I get on great (will be upgrading my PC next year so it'll be even more of a pc focus than it is now), I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much tbh, just any MS exclusives I guess and there haven't been many that have took my fancy yet.

I've never been much of a fan of handhelds or Nintendo mind.

Kiru

Maybe I'm blind but I can't see any difference in the two copies from your inventory. Not exclamation marks or anything like that

The copy I activated says RU when I look it up in account details. I think I'm still good though, 8 Keys was a good deal, and Valiant Hearts also still works with that stupid RU tag in account details. I don't think CD Projekt will be huge asses about this, they will just add a trade restriction in the next step. I already activated my copy before it's too late.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If you don't remember then that's fine. Just forget about it.
I didn't add your Bad Rats to my library.

Oh now I remember you. I'm not mad at you but I am disappointed. I would like to adopt you to just tell you how disappointing is having you as a son and then give you back into adoption.
Im just kidding it aint a big deal.

Acccent

Hello Steamgaf! Long time no see. (Two weeks, gosh!) Hope you're all okay.

If anyone wants me to buy something for them from GMG (taking advantage of the 25% discount for french people), let me know!

Tizoc

2 days till Magic 2015 comes out.

Hoping it'll scratch my card game itch till the pve content for Hearthstone is realeased.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...
Magic 2015
Freedom Planet
Abyss Oddysee
Wayward Manor

So much good stuff all in a few days T.T

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405384200z4.png

Information said:
What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome! New! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group. You will receive a notification through Steam as to when we are starting. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Different game for next week?
I've been thinking of switching the games up next weekend. Same casual enviornment.
Please vote here.
If you have suggestions for another game, PM here on GAF or through Steam. It doesn't have to be a Valve game or even a steam game. However, I will have to look up the logistics of setting it up.

I've also made a NeoGAF Games Night to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me or anyone in the group on steam for an invite.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
That fucking sucks

I always though CD Project was against DRM stuff and region locking, guess I was wrong

They never were against region locking. Witcher 2 was also locked in Russia.

All this region locking seems to be a standard among Eastern European pubs/devs. If I'm not mistaken 1C and some other companies always region lock their games

Shadownet

Banned
pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405384200z4.png

Different game for next week?
I've been thinking of switching the games up next weekend. Same casual enviornment.
Please vote here.
If you have suggestions for another game, PM here on GAF or through Steam. It doesn't have to be a Valve game or even a steam game. However, I will have to look up the logistics of setting it up.

I've also made a NeoGAF Games Night to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me or anyone in the group on steam for an invite.
its_happening_ron_pau2l3_gif.gif

bjork

I recently got a new PC so I'm actually able to run some games on steam. I haven't tried anything too intense visually yet, but stuff like Civilization V runs pretty decently. I haven't really been a computer game person since my C64 died many years ago, so it's neat to try games in a different way. Don't know that I'll be a big PC guy, because most of what I play lately is on handhelds, but for now, it's fun.

How often do those big sales happen on Steam, just at christmas and the start of summer?

Jawmuncher

Rise of the Triad is so oldschool that i'm going to cheat my way through this entire game.
Too bad i'm still getting stuck in levels with no clue where to go. If there's anything that kills my mood for a game it's getting lost.

My Witcher 3 says Witcher 3 UK in account details got it like a month ago maybe its still possible to get UK copies through the glitch though

Tizoc

I recently got a new PC so I'm actually able to run some games on steam. I haven't tried anything too intense visually yet, but stuff like Civilization V runs pretty decently. I haven't really been a computer game person since my C64 died many years ago, so it's neat to try games in a different way. Don't know that I'll be a big PC guy, because most of what I play lately is on handhelds, but for now, it's fun.

How often do those big sales happen on Steam, just at christmas and the start of summer?

The major sales are the Summer, Autumn/Fall sales and the Winter Seal.

You'll see various sales on Steam for franchise or companies though, and certain period where sites have sales on various PC games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They were against DRM, yes. Region locking when they probably lose out on a ton of money is a bit more understandable.

its totally understandable and again, im really surprised it doesnt happen more. these prices are silly, especially on new games, they are basically 50% off compared to euro/US prices

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reversion The Meeting (2nd Chapter) -- MB-A20A2C208BD0D3C9 - Taken by Rhaknar. 1 entrants total.

t1405378832z1.png

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Remember alien waifus
ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-4B859C88DA713B81 - Taken by Dio Brando
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-B22C6D32C49F5576 - Taken by zkylon
Sakura Spirit -- MB-D1EDF0BA49F4AECD - Taken by dirtywhirlwind

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: There was an error processing one of your keys. If a key is missing from the list, there was an error processing it. This may be an issue with unicode characters in a game name or could just be a glitch in the system. Feel free to post your giveaway or resubmit to see if it processes the next time. If no keys are missing, disregard this message.

t1405388792z1.png

HoosTrax

Oh...I just heard about what kind of visual novel Sakura Spirit is. Not that I didn't suspect it when I first saw it.

Are all of these designed to be consumed by a male audience?

Enco

Wait, YOU are GMAN ?
Was an intense map. Died too often though, haha.

That damn car falling right on my head. Dammit I didn't see that one coming.

Here some more pics when we waited until Soma filled his tummy.
Yea that was me!

Can someone invite me to the game night group please?

RS4-

Man, anyone else going through this? Every since I had some stupid plugin error in FF that crashes when I go to youtube (which sorted itself out when I restarted the pc); I don't stay logged in on the Steam site.

All the other sites I use is fine though.

Echoplx

its totally understandable and again, im really surprised it doesnt happen more. these prices are silly, especially on new games, they are basically 50% off compared to euro/US prices

Eh, I really doubt regional trading is so widespread that it makes a large impact on their sales, I imagine most people just wouldn't buy the game at all if they couldn't get it for a cheap price.

Ozium

Went to sleep after staying up all night to watch dat SMASH hype video and I awake to find out BLOOD is coming to Steam?

praise the sun!

in other news I'm having a lot of fun with Ys 1, not sure why people said it isn't that good.. simple yes, but it's fun.

I imagine most people just wouldn't buy the game at all if they couldn't get it for a cheap price.

*Raises hand*

I'll probably play it eventually, but since I missed the Russian deal (not to mention that I'd rather not get my account locked or game revoked for having a RU copy now) I'll just wait until it's really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom