• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
In defense of the non-Mericans, we did have this tripe

Fahrenheit_pc_boxart.jpg

Indigo Prophecy really is a way better name for that game.

How is this game? I have always been intrigued.

Basically, the opening is really good. It's actually one of the better openings in a game that I can think of offhand.

And then it rapidly turns into shit.

Ruruja

Although UK 'technically' uses metric as a result of being in the EU. Most of what we do is still based Imperial. Luckily we don't seem to get the flak US does from the rest of the world.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How is this game? I have always been intrigued.

David Cage has calmed down significantly with the amount of insane shit he's willing to put into his games since then.

If you've played Heavy Rain or Beyond, think about that for a while and decide whether you want to proceed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hopefully this works, if the previous entries got fucked, well, desperate times and whatnot, hopefully you understand

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-83052C526830F112 - Taken by Divius. 89 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1405458531z1.png

MayMay

Banned
anyone knows if I do a 15min raffle for witcher if that will erase the previous entries or just update the time?

I think it just changes the time/overrides the settings for TW3 (if you just resubmit it) and keeps the same modbot code. So entries should not be affected.
It'll just say "oh, by the way The Witcher 3 is part of another giveaway - updating blabla" at the bottom of the new giveaway.
If you nuke and resubmit, it'll get a whole new code which'd also erase the entries.

That's how I think it works.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think it just changes the time/overrides the settings for TW3 (if you just resubmit it) and keeps the same modbot code. So entries should not be affected.
It'll just say "oh, by the way The Witcher 3 is part of another giveaway - updating blabla" at the bottom of the new giveaway.
If you nuke and resubmit, it'll get a whole new code which'd also erase the entries.

That's how I think it works.

yeah i think I did it right, hopefully it doesnt get fully locked in the next 13mins lol

and hopefully whoever wins is actually around >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Check the second copy, first is ROW sub, second is RU sub (just bought today).

They're both ROW. The title used directly above the description text is based on the sub name in the registry and the RU sub is tagged as such ("The Witcher 3 RU").

The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt
ClassID: 503610743
The Witcher 3
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a story-driven, next-generation open world role-playing game, set in a graphically stunning fantasy universe, full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences.
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt
ClassID: 531428465
The Witcher 3
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a story-driven, next-generation open world role-playing game, set in a graphically stunning fantasy universe, full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences.

liezryou

They're both ROW. The title used directly above the description text is based on the sub name in the registry and the RU sub is tagged as such ("The Witcher 3 RU").

That's really weird, cause i bought it from a russian for sure, just a couple of hours ago.

Kiru

My copy also didn't say RU in inventory, but after I activated it, it did say so in account details, just FYI^^

MayMay

Banned
wait i was wrong. the modbot code is the same for witcher 3.
was sure the codes changed when I nuked and re-registered.

That does happen, but you can also just resubmit the same key without nuking and Modbot will update the information accordingly (keeping the same code)

"In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. "

This line still makes me stress about whether I should copy the "HOT" tag, even if it just seems to turn into a space when pasted into the PM.

Rhaknar

That does happen, but you can also just resubmit the same key without nuking and Modbot will update the information accordingly (keeping the same code)

thats what I did, in theory it just updated the timer

longest 15mins ever >_> and I bet whoever wins isnt around anyway :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My copy also didn't say RU in inventory, but after I activated it, it did say so in account details, just FYI^^

That's bizarre. My ARMA 2 gift still says "ARMA 2 (ROW)", which is different to the store name ("ARMA II") and app name ("Arma 2").

Vuze

I can buy it for you if you still need it.
Already contacted you via steam regarding this, but seems like you're away there ^^
I would greatly appreciate if you could buy me a copy, as I said, I will PayPal you the money beforehand or gift you a copy of a game around the same price tag, just tell me what you'd prefer :)

E: Anyway, off to bed now~

ok, who else has tried abyss odyssey and found it plagued by tearing? cause that's all I'm getting... and I have no idea why. Vsync on or off doesn't matter either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom