• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I know youre joking, but rest assured (to keep with the wrestling theme) I will never.... EEEEEEEEEEEEVER do a giveaway with a fake key in it

although to be fair, the second divinity doesnt actually have anything in it lol, ill have to gift the person directly on steam because it wouldnt let me send the same game twice to my email /shrug

I wasn't implying that. I was talking about something much, much worse

Evrain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Evrain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-A059F94A10CF2315 - Taken by lukiluk. 1 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-7BD48EE9F315CBA6 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 3 entrants total.

t1405449109z1.png
Nobody claiming Evrain's games makes Evrain sad.

Don't make Evrain sad, claim games. Or I'll just reaver you into oblivion.

Hold it for a second, what's with the WWE extravaganza going on in the thread?

Any notes?

Nothing so far.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the game.
The controls are a bit too imprecise and clumsy (why can't I use d-pad!) and the level design is completely lacking in creativity.
I got to like dungeon 11 or something before I died and I was already bored half-way.
Seemed a bit easy since I got there without buying a new weapon and I didnt use my skill points.
(went straight down on the map, died at that second boss since I got bored and impatient)

Maybe check and see if it was the soundtrack being added for pre-purchasers. Judging by the size, that'd be my guess.

Yes, seems like you're right, got the soundtrack now :)

DarkMehm

Almost over

ModBot said:
Instructions for DarkMehm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-C229215D62EAE545 - Taken by Natty1. 8 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-167355DF6760264B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-4DDA5D8ED4123814 - Taken by spinalscratch. 5 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-ED2256A54AC6C185 - Taken by sprinkles. 6 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-F1463CBF49A48FDC - Taken by Pudge. 3 entrants total.

t1405459969z1.png

Toki767

Nothing so far.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the game.
The controls are a bit too imprecise and clumsy (why can't I use d-pad!) and the level design is completely lacking in creativity.
I got to like dungeon 11 or something before I died and I was already bored half-way.
Seemed a bit easy since I got there without buying a new weapon and I didnt use my skill points.
(went straight down on the map, died at that second boss since I got bored and impatient)

It looked kind of lackluster in the stream I was watching last night. I don't know what it is...it seemed really...slow?

Ezalc

Hey Zero, this is what I think of your weak ass giveaway I cant even enter!

Hoping the universe loves me enough to give me Divinity as a birthday present today with this one.

Universe believes in tough love, I'm getting ready for the backhand.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nobody claiming Evrain's games makes Evrain sad.

Don't make Evrain sad, claim games. Or I'll just reaver you into oblivion.

Hold it for a second, what's with the WWE extravaganza going on in the thread?

Poor unclaimed games. Toki Tori 2+ is a good bit of fun, I left it sit on my backlog way too long. I assume everybody just has Bioshock. Which can't possibly be true, but everybody probably assumes they have Bioshock at least.

donny2112

But 100° is far better than 212° ? Also 0° for freezing of water.

Scientifically, it's cleaner/nicer, I definitely agree. For everyday use, most people don't need much outside of the 40-100 Fahrenheit range (~4-38 Celsius range). With Fahrenheit, that gives ~60 values to provide temperature without going into decimal points, but only ~30 with Celsius. More accuracy without having to go into more significant digits (after 10 Celsius, anyways).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh by the way, Wayforward can eat a dick for using the "$ = € suck it europe" rule

Turfster

Scientifically, it's cleaner/nicer, I definitely agree. For everyday use, most people don't need much outside of the 40-100 Fahrenheit range (~5-24 Celsius range). With Fahrenheit, that gives ~60 values to provide temperature without going into decimal points, but only ~20 with Celsius. More accuracy without having to go into more significant digits (after 10 Celsius, anyways).

Us grumpy old farts have it much easier:
"It's too hot!" or "It's too cold."
None of those silly numbers needed!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
if you mean bad rats, that would qualify as a fake key, which again, ill never do.

Ah, I didn't know what you exactly meant by fake key :p

oh..does anyone know what that means?

It means that you will only get limited time with the game, hence the guest pass tag. Also Geralt will speak in a heavy russian accent.

You're fine, as long as the game is activated in your account there's nothing to worry about

yGray

Banned
Ah, I didn't know what you exactly meant by fake key :p

It means that you will only get limited time with the game, hence the guest pass tag. Also Geralt will speak in a heavy russian accent.

You're fine, as long as the game is activated in your account there's nothing to worry about

Instead of alchemic mixes does he drink vodka?

Amzin

So, that amazon sale banner lists Killer is Dead at 60%, but it's only 33% off - I saw people mention this sale earlier today (which is why I looked), but didn't see if people knew if it was actually going down to that 60%? Anyone have any infos?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, that amazon sale banner lists Killer is Dead at 60%, but it's only 33% off - I saw people mention this sale earlier today (which is why I looked), but didn't see if people knew if it was actually going down to that 60%? Anyone have any infos?

well thats not very Amzin is it?

sorry :(

Speevy

Banned
Bundle spare, grab it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut -- MB-5359DA80D7F64627 - Taken by gabbo

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dang, didn't win the Abyss Odyssey giveaway. Welp, guess it's time to stop putting it off and decide between the Steam and PS3 versions...demo reeeeeally would have helped here, Atlus.

maty

How's everyone doing? Did anything interesting happen in the last month? Any good bundles?

I was away for the whole WC following Argentina in Brazil, supporting our guys till the very end but the ending was too painful. And now I'm back at work and I don't feel like doing anything.

It's been almost a month since I logged into Steam and even in my free time I don't want to play games to think about something else.

I'm also broke after this trip so no new games for me for a while.

It's good to be back though.

Scythian

I was about to pre-order Abyss Odyssey, but with the impressions here it seems it's not really all that good, shame, was really looking forward to it :(
Maybe there's a better way to spend $10...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom