• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I see that A Vampyre Story has been released.
/QUOTE]

I remember waiting for that quite a long time, playing the demo, hating the voice of the main character, and then not feeling the game at all, and quitting before I even finished that demo. :\

Should maybe have given it a proper chance.

Honestly? I thought it was bad, very slow to play, overly confusing puzzles, bad voice acting. And I wasn't alone, the game did receive middling reviews and afaik (stopped playing half way through) it ends with a cliffhanger as it's only part of a planned series. edit: From Wiki: "The cliffhanger ending suggests an upcoming sequel, which has since been announced: 'A Vampyre Story 2: A Bat's Tale'." A hidden gem this isn't imo.

Tizoc

I was going to do a giveaway on Tomb Raider but since I haven't seen anyone else give it away I assume that either

a) no one likes the game
or
b) everyone has it already

lol, that's a silly reason not to make the giveaway. You could make a giveaway for Deus Ex HR and at least 10 GAFfers don't have that and enter the giveaway.

I was going to do a giveaway on Tomb Raider but since I haven't seen anyone else give it away I assume that either

a) no one likes the game
or
b) everyone has it already

I was thinking about getting it, but I can play it through sharing and I would probably just play through it that way.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
is The Abbey (also released today) from the same company?

The Adventure Company doesn't exist anymore.

I wrote about how crazy confusing mid-tier PC publishers from the mid-90s to mid-2000s are here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83996257&postcount=8692

Today most of what would have been under The Adventure Company would be published by Nordic Games.

The Abbey, released this week, is not related. Although it is published by Strategy First, which my linked post also talks about.

Grab your
divine
pitchforks! Nito's got some splainin to do...

Seriously now, what were you guys expecting from Abyss Odyssey? It's a decent but flawed game, which seems to be the case for all the ACE team games. Everybody will forget about it in a month and it will be bundled in a year. If you were expecting indie GOTY material from it then you should keep your expectations in check next time
This is exactly what I was expecting. And it's overdelivering on that expectation. However, I don't see how anyone who's played a fighting game could have watched the videos and not seen some of the issues that are being talked about beforehand...

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Saints Row 4 Game of the Century edition with all the DLC now out 24.99€

Cheaper than the base game, too.
px5U0Yb.png

EDIT: Also, it seems like there's no separate Russian sub?
QPvCYC7.png

Toki767

This is exactly what I was expecting. And it's overdelivering on that expectation. However, I don't see how anyone who's played a fighting game could have watched the videos and not seen some of the issues that are being talked about beforehand...

Pretty much. I don't play that many fighting games anymore, but I saw the videos and just wondered why people were even saying it was like a fighting game. It's not hack and slash but it's nowhere near fighting game level.

AHA-Lambda

Nothing so far.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the game.
The controls are a bit too imprecise and clumsy (why can't I use d-pad!) and the level design is completely lacking in creativity.
I got to like dungeon 11 or something before I died and I was already bored half-way.
Seemed a bit easy since I got there without buying a new weapon and I didnt use my skill points.
(went straight down on the map, died at that second boss since I got bored and impatient)

Yes, seems like you're right, got the soundtrack now :)

tbh, I'm feeling similar. Making it almost down to the boss on my 2nd run really surprised me and it was getting a little boring by the halfway point of my run =/

For a game that is selling itself on it's fighting system I was mostly button mashing the standard attack button actually.

Pretty much. I don't play that many fighting games anymore, but I saw the videos and just wondered why people were even saying it was like a fighting game. It's not hack and slash but it's nowhere near fighting game level.
It's a weird comparison, but the combat feels like a sidescrolling... 3D Castlevania. You know... Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness? Dunno why I think of those, but it just feels really similar.

Grief.exe

Grab your
divine

Seriously now, what were you guys expecting from Abyss Odyssey? It's a decent but flawed game, which seems to be the case for all the ACE team games. Everybody will forget about it in a month and it will be bundled in a year. If you were expecting indie GOTY material from it then you should keep your expectations in check next time

Should have picked up Transistor or Banished if they are looking for indie GOTY material.

u wot m8, how can you prefer things like wooden clubs to rapiers?

Slowly poking people is the complete opposite of fun or interesting :p Monk's claymore esqe moveset is more enjoyable. Game still seems kind of eh so far though. Art style is nice but the areas feel like the random generations they are. Monk's XX is completely overpowered and being able to upgrade your special moves to have complete invulnerability frames seems to make everything really easy.

The combat reminds me of Code of Princess, another game where you could control enemies. It was much more varied. Although Code runs at 20 FPS half the time while I'm holding a steady 60 at 3200x2000 with Abyss Odyssey.

yGray

Banned
welp. enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for yGray:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yGray, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider- -- MB-C627EB243FBAB198 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 17 entrants total.

t1405464112z1.png

Impressions of Abyss Odyssey

How the hell do I assign skill points using mouse and keyboard?

Other than that I'm quite liking it. I like the slower paced combat style in the game. Haven't tried co-op yet but it looks like there is always friendly fire on. I'll wait for the devs to patch that out before I try that.

Finally got my card back from RMA and itsfuckingnothing.gif. I think my issues are tied with 2D Clocks being so low. Does anyone know how to raise them on AMD?

Also....is music necessary for One Finger Death Punch or can I play it on mute?

Toki767

im sure everyone already knows this but shovel knight is pretty alright

Easily a candidate for GOTY. Everything about it works pretty well and was well thought out.

MikeDip claimed your Divinity: Original Sin key. There were 100 entrants.
Knurek claimed your Divinity: Original Sin #2 key. There were 108 entrants.

It's amazing that 40+ people on my friend list own Divinity and 40+ people still want it.

Lomax

Grab your
divine

Yeah, being ACE Team was ultimately what made me hold off. I'm sure I'll enjoy it for a little while when I get it in a Humble Bundle, but otherwise I'm glad I waited.

I guess it was pushing enough of the same buttons as Rogue Legacy that people were getting some of the same excitement, but the difference there was the demo that got everyone hooked, whereas this was based on videos and pre-release hype alone.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Transistor -- MB-725463CBE6F69D04 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 94 entrants total.

look at that, karma worked for once

Twice, actually :p

Yeah, sorry about that, who would thought that I win a Sub-Zero giveaway twice in a row...

Kind of awkward...

but also super cool :)

Thanks Sub-Zero, I promise to play them!

And Shovel Knight really rocks so far!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, sorry about that, who would thought that I win a Sub-Zero giveaway twice in a row...

Kind of awkward...

but also super cool :)

Thanks Sub-Zero, I promise to play them!

And Shovel Knight really rocks so far!

thats beause sub zero whitelists you in his giveaways
thats not true at all, whitelisting doesnt exist, put your pitchforks down

edit: cool the non-link giveaway is sorted also, time to get ready for work

Turfster

Can't wait for this to be disappointing as well. People will be looking to crucify you next after they're done with Nito
You wouldn't crucify a guy with only one working arm.

Besides, nobody ever listens to me anyway, so... *shrug*
In other news: fuck Valve, fuck Apple, fuck everything.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Does this mean what I think it means?

Hopefully, unless they lock it later. If they don't then I'm definitely going to get it during a sale. I loved Saints Row the Third (finished everything in the main game except the challenges on the 360). Playing as Aquaman and using the Shark gun was so satisfying. Saints Row 4 seems like a fun mix of Saints Row 3 and Crackdown.

What happened to that one indie game with the pixel artstyle about riots, where you were kind of strategically controlling the game from a 2D perspective?
Looked really interesting. But I never saw anything besides a reveal trailer.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So - I had another job interview today and it went REALLY well. In order to increase my karma and in hopes of this actually going through, I present you with:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 69 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Aveyond Lord of Twilight -- MB-D8BECEF1A727B48B - Taken by user237
EvilQuest -- MB-9BC9D264436EC4DE - Taken by Lomax
Muffin Knight -- MB-8EAE39F8E2AA877C - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Agricultural Simulator 2011 -- MB-1903578AD6403B40 - Taken by Mokoi
Master Reboot -- MB-A748065BE37BDA5A - Taken by Tesseract
Time Gentlemen Please and Ben There Dan That -- MB-C32FF64FB7005ED0 - Taken by electroflame
KnightShift -- MB-E4AD5B276B654F56
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-7903016004109411 - Taken by electroflame
Motte Island -- MB-8F2266C4DCBC96EE - Taken by JakeD
Eschalon Book I -- MB-5372A708701D6A76 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
LUME -- MB-335B6A2E6535E358 - Taken by soapypanda
4 Elements -- MB-C4CBFC2307129249 - Taken by redlacs
Alter Ego -- MB-5C77A71CCC5BE6C3 - Taken by drakaenae
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-B59F2173314E5A6D - Taken by Daedalos42
AmpuTea -- MB-D14C661E2E921854 - Taken by Purkake4
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-F4A4C9026EEF3B6A - Taken by yGray
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-45731910E51129E5
Wizardry 6 and 7 -- MB-2AEB3A010695F63C - Taken by Htown
Glacier 3 -- MB-2F6B64545C42BBEE - Taken by Benedict
Humanity Asset -- MB-84BFB633C88DD0B7
Bridge It Plus -- MB-3A2F47409496E142
Making History II The War of the World -- MB-A879E6849C4C565B
Grimind -- MB-B87D42E37D47265F
Wizardry 8 -- MB-B04AFEE35394E8FE - Taken by pahamrick
Litil Divil -- MB-C7C71F6526C0B707 - Taken by Purkake4
Gun Metal -- MB-0D13B629FD1C9300 - Taken by CrunchyFrog
Jack Orlando Directors Cut -- MB-D5D340167BCB98AB - Taken by MTE
The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-9C9D33B0A539117B - Taken by taco543
Fortix 2 -- MB-ABA0193ADC17A934
The Longest Journey -- MB-4BF2D1F7697861AA - Taken by Yrael
Velocity Ultra -- MB-E3BF55A63F00CE9B - Taken by Dambrosi
Luxor 5th Passage -- MB-B7E39E94EBAE740A - Taken by Vlad
Manhunter -- MB-5D81FE398642BE4F - Taken by AngerdX
Call of Juarez -- MB-A4C2FEC60AD58D6D - Taken by freshVeggie
MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-C4C468D7DD14E2AE
Gravi -- MB-04B57F5FF4CB7560
Little Farm -- MB-4D79795999BE9FF7
Bridge Constructor -- MB-2925609DC6D78B05 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Mount and Blade With Fire and Sword -- MB-2442604DEAFD4BC5 - Taken by Egamer
Level 22 -- MB-CE2B5665B5EFE76D - Taken by S1n1st3r
Metal Drift -- MB-B9091CA441602D7D
Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC -- MB-C855C48D84E76CB9 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Escape Goat -- MB-A31209C22CBE4404 - Taken by billmcdougal
Fly'n -- MB-3C04B458B8AC7124 - Taken by Archaix
Two Worlds II Castle Defense -- MB-70FF668D39D81821 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung
The Cat Lady -- MB-82B8761C9E4402BF - Taken by Ventara
Earth 2160 -- MB-E673A2858B548E85 - Taken by Vlad
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-4E86D982EB28AE43 - Taken by Henry Swanson
X Blades -- MB-A8CE26652A101236 - Taken by Kanokare
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-CEECB1B8AF573BAB
Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-25D6C81B2D53D789
Explodemon -- MB-02ACDA5D94624B58 - Taken by Stumpokapow
The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-59856FD624C67790
Love -- MB-5D29ECA5D02D7A91 - Taken by PandaPedinte
Face Noir -- MB-146388CE08E6A939 - Taken by rainking187
The Void -- MB-8591204E937DAF5E - Taken by Ozium

Gearcrack Arena -- MB-440384703D00A6A2
Angvik -- MB-4DE526844C88A39D - Taken by deadflower81
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-8CD918E16D7DBAEA - Taken by Porcupine
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-2FF29082617C5A28 - Taken by Rhaknar
Volt -- MB-ED3E6585FAB6A9E3 - Taken by Hugstable
Ultratron -- MB-76A4A59E39027824 - Taken by Kuroyume
Etherlords I and II -- MB-D29ECF15E5B0EFCD - Taken by Catshade
Mata Hari -- MB-28CBB6159376ADCF - Taken by Myshkin
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-4BEE270C44F1F712
1000 Amps -- MB-BC90343A516D9D17 - Taken by didamangi
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-80080AE5DF3F0497 - Taken by Sub Zero
Lucius -- MB-1D6C25F6F017876D - Taken by WinterDemons
Cargo A Quest for Gravity -- MB-978F356269C5D9F3

rtcn63

Tomb Raider is pretty fun, better than Uncharted 1 and 2 (haven't played 3) due to the ability to carry all of your weapons, upgrade them, and a slightly more in-depth melee "system". I've written like FB walls of related erotic fan fiction while playing it.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Grab your
divine

I enjoyed the game and still enjoying it. If you guys dont like the game that aint my problem.

Nabs

I played a bit of Abyss Odyssey, and I'm not so sure what to think. Some areas look really nice, but I'm not so sure about the combat system yet. I think it starts off pretty boring and basic. I'll probably play it a bit more to see if it opens up and improves.

I really just want that Guacamelee DLC, damnit. That's smash-like combat done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom