• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-2FF29082617C5A28 - Taken by Rhaknar

I aint scared of no poo icon, gimme dat chicken modbot!

Also good luck on your interview Shack, its a travesty that you havent been picked up yet

I expect you to play it and post a ton of screenshots if you're truly not scared :p

Bonus points since you have to make a Reality Pump account to play it, I think.

I keep seeing AO and I'm wondering why people are hating on an Adults Only game.

Oh, I can think of reasons to hate an Adults Only game. NSFW, obviously.

Have I mentioned how dumb buy orders are for selling? People just game the shit out of it by putting in an order for 20 cents + lower than the lowest listing, some dummy sells for that price, rinse, repeat until stuff is worthless faster than it used to be.

Ozium

I had enemies stuck on the wall but other than that and the vsync issue which you can force outside of the game I havent ran into any absurd problems.

I tried co-op w/ frosty and it was really annoying that the game would stop for me if he died and a soldier took his place... took me out of my game, man..

also hitting each other sucks. wouldn't be that big of a deal but you get more enemies and stronger ones too in co-op

Ok, gonna stream an attempt to playthrough Abyss Odyssey on my twitch. Let's see if you can see the tearing and if the game will give me the game breaker for the 3rd time.

Lomax

Have I mentioned how dumb buy orders are for selling? People just game the shit out of it by putting in an order for 20 cents + lower than the lowest listing, some dummy sells for that price, rinse, repeat until stuff is worthless faster than it used to be.

Actually from what I've seen it's exactly the opposite. In the past, someone would list a cheap card and it would sit for a while if there was low demand, then someone would undercut and someone else and it only took 2 or 3 people to drop a card price drastically and permanently. Now those cheap cards disappear instantly (and also are less likely to get listed at all for that much lower due to the interface), so cards follow a more gradual curve downward. I've especially seen this happen with rare emoticons and backgrounds which have actually seemed to stabilize and even increase since buy orders were put in.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's great for my wallet though :p

Honestly, I've never had to sell for lower for more than $.01 below the average price on cards, even with the new buy orders. If anything, it's made buying cheap cards easier and selling cards about the same, for me at least. You just need to be patient and wait for prices to level off or get really lucky.

ViviOggi

Ok, gonna stream an attempt to playthrough Abyss Odyssey on my twitch. Let's see if you can see the tearing and if the game will give me the game breaker for the 3rd time.
Why not just fix the tearing first?

Ingame Vsync is shitty double buffering in most games, no reason to get worked up about it here. D3DOverrider is your friend.

Actually from what I've seen it's exactly the opposite. In the past, someone would list a cheap card and it would sit for a while if there was low demand, then someone would undercut and someone else and it only took 2 or 3 people to drop a card price drastically and permanently. Now those cheap cards disappear instantly (and also are less likely to get listed at all for that much lower due to the interface), so cards follow a more gradual curve downward. I've especially seen this happen with rare emoticons and backgrounds which have actually seemed to stabilize and even increase since buy orders were put in.
Fair enough. I'm just seeing people play chicken with prices for AO cards and it's kinda silly.
It's great for my wallet though :p

Honestly, I've never had to sell for lower for more than $.01 below the average price on cards, even with the new buy orders. If anything, it's made buying cheap cards easier and selling cards about the same, for me at least. You just need to be patient and wait for prices to level off or get really lucky.
It just feels like it's easier to sell stuff when it's first available with the old method. I dunno.
Already put 5+ hours into AO. I'm definitely enjoying it.
Me too. I just need to unlock what's-her-spear and get to capturing stuff so I can fill out versus mode.

Guys, please post impressions because I want the physical / board game copy so bad.

Hopefully you see this; it's well done, and already quite polished. You choose a quest for your character, and you essentially try to finish it first. You can choose how long the quest is when you start too, which affects the time the game takes. I like it, but I do think that each turn takes too long for an online game. That said, if it were a board game or pbe thing then it would be perfect.

Lomax

Fair enough. I'm just seeing people play chicken with prices for AO cards and it's kinda silly.
It just feels like it's easier to sell stuff when it's first available with the old method. I dunno.

Brand new cards is a market I don't even dip my toe in any more, it's just a recipe for disappointment. The whales are smart enough now to know to wait for prices to stabilize, you might get lucky and find someone impatient wanting to do their badge immediately, but more than likely you'll just get undercut rapidly. From what I've seen unless you get one of the first couple of card sales, the price on the first day will actually bottom out and then prices will drift back up slightly the next few days. Personally I'd list the cards at the price you want to sell them for and then re-evaluate in a couple days if they haven't sold and see where the trends are going.

Tizoc

If I'm using Nvidia Inspector, what option should I change for the game's profile to remove screen tearing but keep it at 60 FPS?

Its to stop the auto refresh macro trigger bots, still doesn't help much, look at all the lv0-2 that own $250 items on the markets >.>

Hugstable

Banned
Me too. I just need to unlock what's-her-spear and get to capturing stuff so I can fill out versus mode.

I'm just gonna wait it out with my Abyss Odyssey Cards since I got 8 of them. (brother game me his). I think I'm gonna wait til prices stablize (they might end up dropping more though)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I find the AO hate absurd when some here praise Double Dragon Neon which while I like it feels clunkier.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kuroyume, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-2D93048140BE9916 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.

t1405467713z1.png

I find the AO hate absurd when some here praise Double Dragon Neon which while I like it feels clunkier.
I love both of them :x maybe I just have a thing for clunky games? They're mechanically sound, they're just slower than you'd expect.

And right after I complained about AO card prices I sold 2 for 52 cents each. Not bad...

Speaking of getting rid of stuff (someone mentioned it, honest) anyone want my 7 stickers capsules and 1 case 3? CSGO items. Free. I don't want this shit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Buy/Sell orders were probably implemented to ease server issues/ability to actually buy low priced cards. People used to F5 the hell out of the pages, try to buy the lowest priced one, then get denied because it was already gone.`

Parsnip

I see that A Vampyre Story has been released.

I have mixed feelings about Steam's lowering standards / loosening of the floodgates as a whole, but I have to be honest, during the era of tight Valve control a lot of viable, commercial, major-publisher PnC adventures were not getting a Steam release. A Vampyre Story is one of them. So given that the flood of crap is happening, I'm glad it's accompanied with belated releases of older games that should have been released at the time.

I'm moving to the US soon and before I go I'll be visiting my family back home for a little while. In storage there I have probably 50 games published by The Adventure Company at retail. Almost all of them are now available on Steam, most over the last 6-9 months. I'm pretty glad about that. Less junk I need sitting in a basement somewhere.

Looking through my list of early-mid 2000s adventure games, it looks like Steam is definitely still missing the following:
Amerzone
Crime Stories
Destination Treasure Island
Evidence
Keepsake
Murder in the Abbey
Next Life
NiBiRu: Age of Secrets
The eXperiment
Voyage
I'd love it if someone released The eXperiment again. Though I wonder which art they would use.

Hugstable

Banned
I love both of them :x maybe I just have a thing for clunky games? They're mechanically sound, they're just slower than you'd expect.

And right after I complained about AO card prices I sold 2 for 52 cents each. Not bad...

Oh damn now I do kinda want to jump on it. I still can't believe my QBert cards sold for 1$ each for 2 of the cards and the other was 75 cents.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Grats dude!

Is it with the big V or with another company?

Another company. I won't say much more and jinx it, but it's not in the game industry, which means I would be free to continue working on Enhanced Steam in my spare time.

Also, thanks everyone for the well wishes!

liezryou

Buy/Sell orders were probably implemented to ease server issues/ability to actually buy low priced cards. People used to F5 the hell out of the pages, try to buy the lowest priced one, then get denied because it was already gone.`

That's part of it, but the main reason is to kill the bots.

Strider

Played about an hour of Abyss Odyssey and I'm enjoying it so far. No performance problems either. The only thing I find to be bad is the turning speed being too slow. Basically everyone is complaining about that though so I'm just gonna assume it'll get patched.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
talking to a couple of australian old dudes here, wanted to ask if they knew JaseC but didnt.

you know, 'cause Australia is a small place :p

Played about an hour of Abyss Odyssey and I'm enjoying it so far. No performance problems either. The only thing I find to be bad is the turning speed being too slow. Basically everyone is complaining about that though so I'm just gonna assume it'll get patched.

I believe someone (Nito perhaps?) linked a post by a dev saying they would address animations like that based on feedback.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Speed is out of a late 80- 90s beat em up for both games. Speaking of that I should play Final Fight 3 soon. Wonder if the cartridge still works.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll be slowing down posting the scoreboard because I don't want to be annoying*

We got three additional codes in today from two exceptional people and I have just one thing to say: thank you!

Default Two lives up to his name and gave two codes.

Gunstarheroes shows that he is as classic as his namesake and contributed one code.

The scoreboard: TOTAL: $138
$30 from Morningbus
+$12 from Mokoi
+$12 from Toki767
+$12 from Jawmuncher
+$12 from Mono
+$12 from iosefe
+$12 from default two
+$6 from CorrosiveFrost
+$6 from Cheddahz
+$6 from Armoured Priest
+$6 from Amzin
+$6 from BinaryPork2737
+$6 from Gunstarheroes

Thanks again to everyone! I can't wait to post the cable bill that shows all these credits!

* More annoying than usual

BruteUA

Apologies if it's been mentioned already, but the in-game vsync in Abyss Odyssey works if you enable it then exit the game and restart.

MayMay

Banned
Having a blast with Skyrim, damn all the haters who said it sucked, delayed my enjoyment. Are the older scrolls better?

If you're having a blast with Skyrim, I think you'd enjoy Oblivion too (and its better imho). Morrowind is better than both though, but that might be a bit too old by now to enjoy properly.. sadly. But there's a pretty nice overhaul mod for Morrowind so in case you want to play it, at least the graphics will be good for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom