• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be slowing down posting the scoreboard because I don't want to be annoying*

We got three additional codes in today from two exceptional people and I have just one thing to say: thank you!

Default Two lives up to his name and gave two codes.

Gunstarheroes shows that he is as classic as his namesake and contributed one code.

The scoreboard: TOTAL: $138
$30 from Morningbus
+$12 from Mokoi
+$12 from Toki767
+$12 from Jawmuncher
+$12 from Mono
+$12 from iosefe
+$12 from default two
+$6 from CorrosiveFrost
+$6 from Cheddahz
+$6 from Armoured Priest
+$6 from Amzin
+$6 from BinaryPork2737
+$6 from Gunstarheroes

Thanks again to everyone! I can't wait to post the cable bill that shows all these credits!

* More annoying than usual

What is this for?

Turfster

If you're having a blast with Skyrim, I think you'd enjoy Oblivion too (and its better imho). Morrowind is better than both though, but that might be a bit too old by now to enjoy properly.. sadly. But there's a pretty nice overhaul mod for Morrowind so in case you want to play it, at least the graphics will be good for the most part.

Isn't Skywind nearing completion/already complete?
It's basically morrowind redone in the skyrim engine.

What is this for?

Gaming the M&M system and sticking it to the Man!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What is this for?

We've all banded together to collect M&M cable credit codes for me. My initial goal was to have a negative bill for one month, which would require about $80. We've pretty handily blown past that. though.

Now the goal is to bring down corporate America.

I call it Project Mayhem.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Having a blast with Skyrim, damn all the haters who said it sucked, delayed my enjoyment. Are the older scrolls better?

"Better" is a tough to quantify here. Oblivion is, in my opinion, the worst of the 3 big Elder Scrolls titles. It's very soulless, cheap and early-gen. It can be made better with an utterly insane amount of mods but the combat is no fun, the story is forgettable and the exploration is vapid. Morrowind has a really nice world to explore but is far slower paced than Skyrim and has combat that is dictated by die-rolls rather than if you connected or not. A lot of people hate this.

The high point for the series for me is The Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion but that is over within a matter of hours. Skyrim is the most tightly presented Elder Scrolls title to date. I just got bored with it because I am getting sick of open world in general. Enjoy at your will.

Gaming the M&M system

Yeah. I meant what was he collecting them for

We've all banded together to collect M&M cable credit codes for me. My initial goal was to have a negative bill for one month, which would require about $80. We've pretty handily blown past that. though.

A negative bill? I wonder how your cable company will respond to that, haha.

I've got a spare. Will pm you, I don't have cable, and I don't feel like finding out if I can use it toward my internet.

Lomax

That's part of it, but the main reason is to kill the bots.

You'd think that, but the items most likely to be trolled for by bots are still on the old system. Heck, even TF2 keys are still on the old system. Presumably that will be changed, but right now I doubt it's having much impact on bots.

The only fun I had with Oblivion was seeing how crazy it could get with a bunch of different mods installed. The base game was just so... bland. I got close to beating it during my first playthrough modless but then my save file got corrupted and I lost like 5 hrs. Never had the motivation to really finish it after that.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I played through Soul Gambler. It took me about half an hour, even shorter than Lomax's run.

The writing is pretty good, though I did notice a few sentences that seemed a little off. The art style is really great, but the big thing is that it's exactly like an average comic, as in there's no animations. This leads to a few jarring cuts to the next screen, but if you can get past that, it's a good looking game.

I'm going to have to do another playthrough or two to see if different choices really affect the game, though.

Zeliard

Already put 5+ hours into AO. I'm definitely enjoying it.

I'm enjoying it so far but I really need d-pad movement. It's aggravating being restricted to analog in a 2D game. Hopefully they add that option in the upcoming patch, since they're apparently going to offer controller re-binding.

A negative bill? I wonder how your cable company will respond to that, haha.

Probably not too badly. I've overpaid my credit card. Not by a lot, just by a few bucks if I know I owe something and round up because I couldn't be arsed to bring my bill with me to the bank. Anyway, it says my balance is $5.39CR or whatever. It's basically like giving them an interest-free loan.

Momentary

Banned
Abyss Odyssey is very bland. Valdis Story must have ruined it for me. Do you have to unlock the other characters somehow? I've unlocked 3 abilities so far and it's starting to get more interesting.

I'm going to play this game through and go back to Valdis after this.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Oblivion aged horribly. The visual design was ultra bland and the gameplay systems felt like shit.

Aesthetically, the problem with Oblivion is that all the humanoids look like they are the evolutionary descendants of the common potato. Mechanically, the fact that there was no cap on certain types of enemies to the point that common bandits would be wearing exotic tiered armor ruined the immersion that the game set out to achieve did not help matters. Additionally, the fact that the level scaling was based on an unweighted average meant that upgrading a secondary aspect would leave the players under equipped to handle enemies in combat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
saw some spider gifs from Metro Last Light in another thread that really made me want to play that game now, I loved 2033 on the 360 (havent replayed on PC, will probably do it eventually with redux)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Abyss Odyssey is very bland. Valdis Story must have ruined it for me. Do you have to unlock the other characters somehow?

I'm going to play this game through and go back to Valdis after this.
Beat mini boss for Monk and spend tons of coins on a fountain for Pincoya. Game fleshes out as you level up and gain skills.

Genki

I'm enjoying it so far but I really need d-pad movement. It's aggravating being restricted to analog in a 2D game. Hopefully they add that option in the upcoming patch, since they're apparently going to offer controller re-binding.

Wait analogue only for now? What the fuck.

Hmm, maybe I can use my fightpad.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

That would be my biggest complain. Needs to happen. Luckily they are taking tons of the criticism for the patch. Basically Friendly Fire off will happen, pc keys instead of xbox buttons when using PC and binding options.

Patch one will come soon.

Mono

The problem with Oblivion is that all the humanoids look like they are the evolutionary descendants of the common potato. The fact that there was no cap on certain types of enemies to the point that common bandits would be wearing exotic tiered armor ruined the immersion that the game set out to achieve did not help matters. Additionally, the fact that the level scaling was based on a unweighted average meant that upgrading a secondary aspect would leave the players under equipped to handle enemies in combat.

Rofl, I've never heard a more accurate description of Oblivion characters.

Trejik

Dat Abyss Odyssey.

It's real good. It's like a Smash Bros. meets a bit of Dark Souls meets Spelunky.

I am REALLY digging this game.

MRORANGE

Submission for this month added to the OP by Mobius and pet octopus

iuLqyZjMHwv5A.png

Firefall
- Mobius and pet octopus
"Earth was showered in fiery meteorites which left resources in its wake that jumped scientific progress years ahead. But when
humanity became too greedy, they inadvertently caused a calamity to envelope most of the surface of the world and an alien
force known as the Chosen invaded and conqueed most of the planet. Only a few isolated pockets of resistance remain and
it is your job to retake Earth."

L.O.R.D

anyone know a software to edit on gif files ?
and its easy to use not like photoshop

i tried easy gif animator but its not good

Oublieux

Dat Abyss Odyssey.

It's real good. It's like a Smash Bros. meets a bit of Dark Souls meets Spelunky.

I am REALLY digging this game.

How's the versus mode? I know it's local only for now, but really interested to know if it has some depth to it.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Less than one hour left!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TronLight, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-797AF78E128F2E65 - Taken by Blak_Status. 150 entrants total.

t1405472974z1.png

One Finger Death Punch is pretty awesome. I'm coming for you Copons

you are not a unique snowflake

Turfster

Flying Immanitas Bundle
Tier 1: 1$
  • Dead Hungry Diner
  • Fork Truck Challenge (Desura)
  • Frozen Hearth Gold
  • MonstaFish (Desura)
  • Toilet Tycoon (DRMFree)
  • Xotic Premium
Tier 2: 9.5$
  • Rush for Glory

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Flying Immanitas Bundle
Tier 1: 1$
  • Dead Hungry Diner
  • Fork Truck Challenge (Desura)
  • Frozen Hearth Gold
  • MonstaFish (Desura)
  • Toilet Tycoon (DRMFree)
  • Xotic Premium
Tier 2: 9.5$
  • Rush for Glory

tier 2 $9.50 whut? for another bundle game thats been in several bundles? o_O

edit: also, forgot about the wasteland raffle, damn 24hour raffles. Bet that poo icon game from earlier will throttle me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom