• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
There have been games that have done what Elder Scrolls games have been trying to do with its combat better since the dawn of time but Bethesda are lazy at their job so the best bet or the least they can do is put someone more competent work on the combat that they currently have close.
But why Waste talent on The Elders Scrolls?

dot

Hmm...that's weird. I added Rhythm Destruction to my wishlist a day ago and i just redeemed the game today with Frost's indiegala link. After i redeemed it the game was automatically removed from my wishlist. Has it always done that?

On the other hand, i just added Windforge to my wishlist to confirm this. I finally redeemed the humble bundle link that i had and it's still on my wishlist.

This is dumb.

gaben pls

Uzzy

What have you been logging the most hours into this week guys? For me it's been Payday 2... I've had it since release but you can never, ever scratch enough of the heisting itch.

It's a mix of XCom with the Long War mod and Street Fighter IV, with a bit of Divinity: OS on the side. I keep intending to sit down and really get into Divinity: OS at some point, but the Earth won't save itself! As for Street Fighter, well, I have to keep practising to avoid disgracing myself everytime my girlfriend wants to play.

Speaking of Skyrim, I keep trying to get the ENB to work for it, before really getting started on that game. Grrh.

Mono

Hmm...that's weird. I added Rhythm Destruction to my wishlist a day ago and i just redeemed the game today with Frost's indiegala link. After i redeemed it the game was automatically removed from my wishlist. Has it always done that?

On the other hand, i just added Windforge to my wishlist to confirm this. I finally redeemed the humble bundle link that i had and it's still on my wishlist.

This is dumb.

gaben pls

I think it only works for games bought on the Steam store and then randomly with third-party keys?

51K6oeCF2hL.jpg

I didn't expect to see this game again after it popped up in the Steam thread the last time.

Don't you mean...pooped up?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

They need to get a controller-based game out that has freakin' mortality, I'm talking Bushido Blade.

You cut someone, they're cut.

Bushido Blade was not a good game.
I do not know why people look back on it so fondly.

---

Here's some Abyss Odyssey before the game fucked me over for the 3rd time.
I'm done with it until it's patched. Fuck getting screwed within 2 rooms of the end over and over.

http://www.twitch.tv/corrosivefrost/b/547902640

zkylon

zkylewd
Skyrim was boring from the start.

The combat ruins everything the game has to offer. The spells are alright but the melee combat, dialogue, animations, dungeons, Simplified RPG Elements which were already simplified in Oblivion sucks. If I need to mod the game to make it fun then the game is a poor product. Mods shouldn't be needed to make the game fun but then again Bethesda gets the praised for the mods that make the game more stable when it wasnt even made by them. People like praising Bethesda cause they can make a big map. Woohoo big map doesn't change the mediocrity within the game.

:3

I somehow do enjoy the 2 Fallout games by Bethesda. I guess thats a miracle (Then again Obsidian did NV which is better than 3)
i'm glad you clarified that obs did new vegas

as much as beth wants to bury it the truth will come out!

It's a mix of XCom with the Long War mod and Street Fighter IV, with a bit of Divinity: OS on the side. I keep intending to sit down and really get into Divinity: OS at some point, but the Earth won't save itself!

As for Street Fighter, well, I have to keep practising to avoid disgracing myself everytime my girlfriend wants to play.

How's the Long War mod? heard a lot of people praising it, but unsure if i should try it... although i didn't even finish the game :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
But why Waste talent on The Elders Scrolls?

Maybe that talent can get the great potential the series has been keeping from reaching by the mediocrity of Bethesda out of it. I like the premise of the Elders Scrolls games is just that Bethesda cant craft what they want to give the players.

Bethesda only seems to know to simplify their concepts by each entry and in the way losing things that made it unique. Im not saying to go back to Morrowind days but learn what made the games back then interesting besides being a first person RPG. A team like Arkane can get something out of it and make it enjoyable at least even if that means keeping the focus a bit smaller than the usual map Bethesda aims to do.

hitmon

Are the Shadowfall games (Returns and Dragonfall) any good? Are they worth owning at the respective prices ($3.74 and $5.99) on the humble store?

zkylon

zkylewd
Are the Shadowfall games (Returns and Dragonfall) any good? Are they worth owning at the respective prices ($3.74 and $5.99) on the humble store?
yes, aside from some annoyances with the controls/ui they are really good rpgs

good writing, fun combat, really cool universe and a very detailed look

Tizoc

Dragonfall DLC is much better than the base game, but to play it, you'll need the base game itself too.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I like oblivion quite a but, but it was my first elder scrolls. Skyrim so far is fun, but the UI Is a downgrade even though it looks better.

Uzzy

How's the Long War mod? heard a lot of people praising it, but unsure if i should try it... although i didn't even finish the game :p

I'm loving it. I'm only two months in and I'm already seriously overstretched, with hordes of my troops injured and spending weeks out of action, countries pulling out of XCom, the air war being horrifically one sided..

It's really hard, in other words. Which if you never finished the vanilla game, might not be what you want. The expanded options in terms of classes, weaponry, items and everything are great, but it comes coupled with a huge difficulty spike.

Yes and Yes. Shadowfall Returns has quite an average campaign that doesn't really show off the game or setting too well, but Dragonfall's campaign is fantastic.. and you need Returns to run it. So get both.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone tried out Shantae: Risky's Revenge yet? Want to know if it's atleast a good port before I jump on it.

would like to know too, I only played the iOS version a bit but the controls were...well, touch controls.

Toki767

I had one major gripe with Dishonored.

Don't make me have to do a stealth no kill run to get the good ending when you offer all these cool powers to use.

I just put 1.5+ hours into Abyss Odyssey and really liked it.

I'm not crazy about the fact that it's the kind of game you have to dedicate a couple hours to if you want to seriously play it, but I knew that going in. I got through 9 map squares, 6 deep on my first run.

I wasn't sure what that first special I unlocked was supposed to do. Died before I got to really use the third special, but apparently unlocked the better character for next time anyways.

I like the graphics and don't have much problem with turning. The controls could be tightened, but I also use the right stick for attacks sometimes, which lets out a left or right facing basic attack if you press it left or right.

I felt a couple items in the shop should do a better job of explaining what they are.

The base combat and feel of the game is pretty cool though. I only managed to become one new enemy type, but it was nice being able to switch between two characters.

I will be playing more tomorrow.

Tellaerin

I agree with this. NV > F3 > Skyrim. Obsidian makes way better rpgs, gotta deal with it.

Depends on what you want from your RPG's. At the end of the day, I enjoyed FO3 more than New Vegas, though I liked NV well enough. FO3 was a moodier and more atmospheric game, and I liked wandering around, exploring the ruins and piecing together a picture of how the world was when the bombs fell from the relics and message fragments I found. The world felt like a living, breathing place.

By comparison, the Mojave Wasteland seemed like... I don't know... a stage set. It was just a backdrop that existed for the NPC's to stand in front of and emote. There's history there, but you didn't really feel the weight of that history in the same way you did in FO3. And since I wasn't as blown away by the writing or overall plot in NV as a lot of people here seem to be (it was undeniably solid, but nothing that knocked me on my ass with its sheer awesomeness, and not without its issues), that added up to FO3 being the better overall experience for me.

Speevy

Banned
What happens with Skyrim is that you mod your game to the point of it being unrecognizable, then you break the mods by being too ambitious so you have to start over. Then you remember how bland the game without all the mods you had, and it's like screw this.

Don't make me have to do a stealth no kill run to get the good ending when you offer all these cool powers to use.

Playing it a second time to get those achievements was a lot of fun and a different experience, I thought. Was fun going for no alerts.

H1PSTER

Playing it a second time to get those achievements was a lot of fun and a different experience, I thought. Was fun going for no alerts.

I loved Dishonored, it came across to me like they gave you the powers so it forced you to choose between being moral and being a psychopath.

jb1234

You have no idea. Thank you again Rhaknar! As cheesecake can attest to, I have been talking about divinity on twitter for ages now.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nerd. :3

Man, I love bashing Skyrim and yet, I still put fifty hours into it. But after those fifty hours, I realized that after the first ten, I'd pretty much experienced all the game has to offer. If only Bethesda could hire some better writers and make their worlds feel alive. And fix the bloody combat!

I'm loving it. I'm only two months in and I'm already seriously overstretched, with hordes of my troops injured and spending weeks out of action, countries pulling out of XCom, the air war being horrifically one sided..
It's really hard, in other words. Which if you never finished the vanilla game, might not be what you want. The expanded options in terms of classes, weaponry, items and everything are great, but it comes coupled with a huge difficulty spike.

Yep, seems like something for another playthrough. Thanks for the answer, will look into it after finishing it.

saunderez

Agreed. Half of the fun the entire game was teleporting behind someone and knocking them out....problem was I'd accidentally kill them whilst hiding the body. No good ending for you!

So after 3ish weeks and an unsuccessful RMA later, I finally have a working card again! I just upped the voltage through Afterburner +13 and that solved the issues so far.

My computer is now ready for Witcher 3.

Hugstable

Banned
would like to know too, I only played the iOS version a bit but the controls were...well, touch controls.

Ha yeah I got the iOS port on iPad and it was just unplayable with those touch controls. I don't think I even made it past the first dungeon and boss just because it felt off. Thankfully it was only like 2 or 3$ there instead of the 11.99 DSIware price and the 10$ Steam price. I own it on my 3DS but I definitely wouldn't mind having it on a big screen. I'm probably gonna end up owning it by later tonight anyway lol. Last 3 nights I've impulse bought games once I got tired -_-

Oh come on, someone just buy Shantae. If I can buy Q-Bert, you can buy Shantae.

My brother actually gifted me Q*Bert haha. At least the cards are worth something! The prices of the backgrounds are insane for this game, puts some anime game backgrounds to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom