• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Darkness 2 is really really fun. Surprisingly hard to keep track of all the limbs.

are you using the hentai mod that replaces all the badguys with schoolgirls and your tentacle kill animations with... another kind of tentacle animation?

The darker endings to Dishonered are actually more interesting than the good ending. The game rewards you for killing wantonly with a more atmospheric final level. Win-win.

are you using the hentai mod that replaces all the badguys with schoolgirls and your tentacle kill animations with... another kind of tentacle animation?

I was going to start this soon, but now I'll wait until I forget this

H1PSTER

The Darkness 2 is really really fun. Surprisingly hard to keep track of all the limbs.

Adored the single player but absolutely hated the multiplayer.

There is just something about The Darkness 2 that clicked with me, from the gun play to the aesthetics.. Everything is there to make me enjoy it.

I won't believe this exists... Unless you prove it to me for... For science.

Speevy

Banned
desmax has discovered the scariest game on Steam. It's Mount and Blade Warband

itvk6rR8LkKl4.png

Adored the single player but absolutely hated the multiplayer.

There is just something about The Darkness 2 that clicked with me, from the gun play to the aesthetics.. Everything is there to make me enjoy it.
Same...sorta. didnt really gave a chance to the MP, but loved everything else.
This has probably been repeated to death, but i would really love to play The Darkness 1 on PC.

wilflare

went thru all the past 5-6 pages...
why did I go to sleep early T_T

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)
‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
(/¯◡ ‿ ◡)/¯ ~ ┻━┻

http://emojicons.com/table-flipping
- one of those included a Table flipped me

Xanathus

Does anyone know how to stop the Metro skin for Steam from defaulting to the Grid View for my library every time I reboot my machine? I normally use Detail View and it's getting annoying having to set it back to that view everytime I start up.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can they patch it so that when you press a button or move the analog stick, the character immediately responds?

You can suggest that. They seem to be pretty receptive of the criticism instead of acting whiny and over protective like some other developers (Bioware looking at you)

They are making priority what you see on the first post they made but they are also reading things they might add to that or the next patch depending on how much tweaks they are doing.

You need to have 3 Special moves and the 3 cancels to get the crazy combos and room control. The game gets way better as you get more strength, cancels and skills.
It really does. I started over as The Ghost Monk and I'm struggling without the bigger movelist and cancel points.

By the way, how do you unlock the last character?

Vazra

It really does. I started over as The Ghost Monk and I'm struggling without the bigger movelist and cancel points.

By the way, how do you unlock the last character?

There is a fountain that you have to give money until you unlock Pincoya.(The statue will change to complete gold and she talks and then shows up that you unlocked her. I think I spent like 25K in order to unlock her but I'm not entirely sure

zkylon

zkylewd
i think taking out the heavy animation priority from abbie oddie might be pretty monumental unfortunately

it just seems like a game that would be a lot more enjoyable if it were snappier

So after 3ish weeks and an unsuccessful RMA later, I finally have a working card again! I just upped the voltage through Afterburner +13 and that solved the issues so far.

My computer is now ready for Witcher 3.
What gpu do you have? I am torn between amds value vs. nvidias stable performance.

There is a fountain that you have to give money until you unlock Pincoya.(The statue will change to complete gold and she talks and then shows up that you unlocked her. I think I spent like 25K in order to unlock her but I'm not entirely sure
Oh okay, thanks!

And zkylon, I don't think taking all of it out would be the best thing, but at least changing the turning speed would go a long way to reduce the frustrating things I've run into so far.

Vazra

Oh okay, thanks!

And zkylon, I don't think taking all of it out would be the best thing, but at least changing the turning speed would go a long way to reduce the frustrating things I've run into so far.

Turning should be the priority. Combat works fine as it is.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea turning would be a good start

i dunno if you can but i feel like canceling attacks with dodges should be possible

i played just like 20 minutes and i'm really tired as i have slept like 5 hours in the past three days so i might've missed something

Toki767

Maybe Abyss Odyssey should've been Early Access for like a month.Depending on what they patch I may pick it up soon or I may wait till the Winter Sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wolfenstein new order update:
sprung the old man from prison
, would you say im about halfway now?

I'd play, but I'm having dinner in less than an hour, which means I won't have enough time to finish the campaign.
Oh, how did I not see you, sorry :/
Trying to add you on steam but steam is down currently.
I'll get in contact with you tomorrow, maybe we'll play. I got the Left4Dead2 fever.

Fracas

#fuckonami
When did The Witcher II start to click for you guys? I'm a couple hours in and find it just ok so far.

In other news, I slightly overclocked my laptop's GPU and upped my W2 framerate by an average of 10. Sweet.

Anustart

Forgot what I was doing in dark souls after such a long break, 2 lord souls is close enough, story finished! Klaatu, verata, necktie!

Scythian

For those who have played Abyss Odyssey for a decent amount of time, would you say to pick it up now while it's still $9.99?
I'm about to pull the trigger, it looks fun, but all the negative reception here is making me hesitate, is the gameplay even fun?

Vazra

For those who have played Abyss Odyssey for a decent amount of time, would you say to pick it up now while it's still $9.99?
I'm about to pull the trigger, it looks fun, but all the negative reception here is making me hesitate, is the gameplay even fun?

My word might not have much weight as I was the one hyping the game but yes It is worth the 10 dollars. The game fleshes out and gets better as you play and later runs things get smoother.

Grief.exe

When did The Witcher II start to click for you guys? I'm a couple hours in and find it just ok so far.

In other news, I slightly overclocked my laptop's GPU and upped my W2 framerate by an average of 10. Sweet.

CDPR has pacing issues at the beginning of their games. Takes a couple of chapters to really start up.

In Witcher 1, you have to play through the halfway point of the game!

Gigabyte 290x Windforce. Card is a beast so far.
Picked it up used for $330 or so off Amazon.
That's AMDs 780Ti equivalent, so damn right it's a beast. Was it a partially defunct unit, that's why it was sold used and caused trouble? Or is AMD generally lower quality.
I'm all about pouring money into PC hardware so I generally go with Nvidia.
If money wasn't the question, there would be no competition; Nvidia.
But when you have only 900€ budget and have to deal with higher EU prices then you have to consider AMD, too. Shame they seem to have problems getting on par with Nvidia.
Yesterday wilfare wrote about his AMD card causing trouble and now I read from MMBosstone.

Since the pre-order price is now the standard price, I'm going with NO.
The online is janky and doesn't work well with the friendly fire option as when things get hectic trying to split things up either becomes impossible if you're both fighting or boring as you have to basically act like a sandwich and split the screen and hope it works out.
Besides that there's a game breaking bug I keep hitting where you lose your ability to walk upon reviving the main hero as well as a vsync not working.

Chris R

Do I still need to use Steam Mover to move things installed to my C drive to my D drive? SSD is almost out of space and I want to free some up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom