• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Hearthstone is really addicting.. oh my..

Never really been into card games before, but I'm having a pretty good time playing this one! Accessible and easy to learn!

Yeah, it really is fun. I like it a lot.

Any other card games on steam similar to that? How is Magic 2014 or whatever? Is that easy to get into?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Any other card games on steam similar to that? How is Magic 2014 or whatever? Is that easy to get into?

besides being 25 X more complex than hearthstone, I would say its still easy to get into. also those games have great tutorials and campaigns

I sunk 107 hours in Terraria.
Trust me, I know that of which I speak =p

would love to know your thoughts on Asteria Turf, maybe when its bundled again. I really liked the 30min or so I played, its a lot more action oriented than terraria

Magic is easy to get into and it walks you through playing in the first few matches. Its how my son learned how to play the game.

aku:jiki

Magic is easy to get into and it walks you through playing in the first few matches. Its how my son learned how to play the game.
It also has a dynamic "what was that?" button (one for reviewing the card that was just played, and one for highlighting/explaining rules on it), which is pretty nice. Those features are present at all times, even beyond the tutorial and campaign.

Scythian

You're missing out. Creating the perfect tunnel system to access deep underneath to search for rare materials or to create a shortcut through a mountain can be pretty addicting.[/QUOTE]

I still can't figure out the ideal tunnel system, I always get too lazy to try to make a decent attempt at it and drop the playthrough altogether. I'm getting an urge to play it though...

Hugstable

Banned

Nice that's what I've heard. I'm waiting until tomorrow to get it so I can find out if the complete edition collections are obtainable still by playing in the standard edition, cause if so it'll be better for me to just drop the 10$ on the standard version then. I like that I've heard they make it easy to learn since this is my first card game really like this. How do the booster packs work? I saw on the steam store page mentioning something about Premium Booster Backs and now wondered if I have to pay more to get digital booster packs to get the really good cards or if it's all obtainable by playing anyway.

Nice that's what I've heard. I'm waiting until tomorrow to get it so I can find out if the complete edition collections are obtainable still by playing in the standard edition, cause if so it'll be better for me to just drop the 10$ on the standard version then. I like that I've heard they make it easy to learn since this is my first card game really like this. How do the booster packs work? I saw on the steam store page mentioning something about Premium Booster Backs and now wondered if I have to pay more to get digital booster packs to get the really good cards or if it's all obtainable by playing anyway.

in the past games the additional decks were unlocked by playing or you could pay for the unlock. As for boosters and how it will work this game (2015), I don't know. Since there is deck building in this one I hope that the boosters are not all behind a paywall. But the previous games had everything you needed to play the game in the decks that were available.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It looks like Valve has finished moving demos to the new sub type ("Free on Demand"). I can only assume F2P games will be next, which means a lot more free +1s are en route.

Hugstable

Banned
in the past games the additional decks were unlocked by playing or you could pay for the unlock. As for boosters and how it will work this game (2015), I don't know. Since there is deck building in this one I hope that the boosters are not all behind a paywall. But the previous games had everything you needed to play the game in the decks that were available.

Ahh I really hope they keep it like the past games then. Not too worried about losing the booster pack preorder so I'm just gonna wait it out til tomorrow and people have played the game a bit to know how everything works. Hearing of deckbuilding is what rrally got me interested, love to experiment with things like that.

JaseC

I hate this girls face

image.php

Ahh I really hope they keep it like the past games then. Not too worried about losing the booster pack preorder so I'm just gonna wait it out til tomorrow and people have played the game a bit to know how everything works. Hearing of deckbuilding is what rrally got me interested, love to experiment with things like that.

Yeah the deckbuilding should be fun to play with.

Has there been any mentioning on how the deckbuilding for the "build your own deck mode" will be different from the 2014 version?

It better not be that lame ass "get x number of packs" and that's it system from 2014 where they only allowed you to buy more deck slots.

Has there been any mentioning on how the deckbuilding for the "build your own deck mode" will be different from the 2014 version?

It better not be that lame ass "get x number of packs" and that's it system from 2014 where they only allowed you to buy more deck slots.

There might have been but I haven't seen anything, but I believe, and please guys correct me if i am wrong, the deckbuilding will be used in the main story and not just a mode.

Dingotech

That Halfway game looks interesting, I'll have to keep my eye on it.

Is it one where it was in a bundle ages ago and I dun goofed by not buying it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There might have been but I haven't seen anything, but I believe, and please guys correct me if i am wrong, the deckbuilding will be used in the main story and not just a mode.

didnt they say this would be the first one with a proper deck building tool with no limitations? thats one of the reasons i was excited about it

JaseC

That Halfway game looks interesting, I'll have to keep my eye on it.

Is it one where it was in a bundle ages ago and I dun goofed by not buying it?

You might be thinking of Perpetuum, which was bundled only once and hit Early Access back in April at $30. Definitely one of my biggest bundle-related regrets.

didnt they say this would be the first one with a proper deck building tool with no limitations? thats one of the reasons i was excited about it

Just now looked at the steam page, my guess is they're gonna just flat out charge money for premium booster packs for the deck building.

Premium Boosters purchased individually or in bundles can be opened once you’ve completed the Innistrad Chapter

Ezalc

YEAH! It's officially my birthday today (woo July 16th) SteamGAF!

Here's some cool music for you fine folks, courtesy some of my all time favorite bands and artists, ending with a link to the song that basically made me develop a taste and curiosity for music.

Just want to say this is a great thread, you guys are awesome and I apologize for any assholish things I've might have done or said previously. GAF is the best and most diverse community I've ever been a part of and I always gush about this place to my IRL friends. I hope that I'll be able to give back to this place which has broadened my mind and helped me in various ways.

Keep on being great people and I wish all of you the best. :)

And now a few gifs:
74e5RCc.gif

uDHiEla.gif

99gyfj6.gif

i6HWNm9.gif

Gambit61

YEAH! It's officially my birthday today (woo July 16th) SteamGAF!

Just want to say this is a great thread, you guys are awesome and I apologize for any assholish things I've might have done or said previously. GAF is the best and most diverse community I've ever been a part of and I always gush about this place to my IRL friends. I hope that I'll be able to give back to this place which has broadened my mind and helped me in various ways.

Keep on being great people and I wish all of you the best. :)

Happy birthday! Great picks with the Seatbelts, Redline, and Nujabes tracks. Hope you have a Redline day!

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sky Nations -- MB-E5D2BF5092F75A3F - Taken by TheMadMan007

This is in fact a registration key you need to use when creating a Sky Nations account. Come the 17th it'll no longer be possible to retrieve Steam keys via the site for some bizarre reason, at which point e-mail will be the only option, so don't dilly-dally.

Whats wrong with Caesar

He makes terrible salads.

Rhaknar

happy birthday

edit: what bundle was Sky Nation in please, oh Lord of the Bandicoots?

Im branching out to other animals

should I JaseC the old tomb raider games?

am I that guy now?

Yes. Well, that and they never remade the 3,4,5,6 games, right?
So yeah, you're that guy.

Timewasters.
Also known as "Wait, I spent the last 3 hours digging a stupid tunnel to nowhere? I need to reconsider my priorities."

Hahaha, funny.

Some use the term Sandbox RPG or Sandbox Action, others have used Terraria-Lite as a joke on Roguelike/lite. Personally I place titles like those as Crafting, as that is the main focus.

Sandbox Action kinda hits... I don't think I want to name my category "Terraria"... and they're not all by the same dev either, so that makes it a pain to do this. Sandbox Crafting (2D) maybe? I dunno.

GABEN GIMME TAGS FOR MY LIBRARY, DAMMIT.
IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOUR STOREFRONT, THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR LIBRARY IN THE CLIENT.

besides being 25 X more complex than hearthstone, I would say its still easy to get into. also those games have great tutorials and campaigns

would love to know your thoughts on Asteria Turf, maybe when its bundled again. I really liked the 30min or so I played, its a lot more action oriented than terraria

Get Magic 2015 so we can play.

If you're really interested in Magic, I have a good background in it and would be happy to co-op with you in some of the older titles (or the new one if you get it and it still has the tag-team battles) to teach you the basics and some more advanced tactics. Just let me know if you pick it up and want to play/learn or whatever.

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
I sometimes see people talking about adding non-steam games to Steam, for example Blizzard games. How does this work? If you launch, say, Diablo 3 in Steam, will it just start battle.net for you? Can all games be added to Steam this way?

Yakkue

I sometimes see people talking about adding non-steam games to Steam, for example Blizzard games. How does this work? If you launch, say, Diablo 3 in Steam, will it just start battle.net for you? Can all games be added to Steam this way?

That's exactly what it does and yes, you can even add emulated games. (It's only a shortcut to games you have installed)

JaseC

You just add the game executable to your library via Games -> Add a non-Steam game to your library and it will function the same as it would have had you loaded it as you usually do, with the added bonus of the Steam overlay (in most cases). In Diablo 3's case I believe you need to add -launch to the shortcut's properties (within Steam) to bypass the launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom