• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I sometimes see people talking about adding non-steam games to Steam, for example Blizzard games. How does this work? If you launch, say, Diablo 3 in Steam, will it just start battle.net for you? Can all games be added to Steam this way?

It is pretty much just a shortcut and a display on your status. It doesn't track your game time as far as I have seen.

Deques

Is Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition region free? I checked in the Steamdb but it seems I cannot find any region restrictions on it

And how is the Japanese voice in Tomb Raider?

I played through Bad Rats in one sitting today. It wasn't that bad, but I hate the physics in the game. It was more luck than puzzle solving. Even if your placement was right, the ball can bounce randomly.

Levyne

Banned
I played through Bad Rats in one sitting today. It wasn't that bad, but I hate the physics in the game. It was more luck than puzzle solving. Even if your placement was right, the ball can bounce randomly.

This might be one of the most matter - of - fact bad rats posts I've seen.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I played a bit of Antichamber. That was weird and confusing. Going to have to go back to that soon.

I honestly think that Abyss Odyssey is excellent, and I had absolutely no idea going in I would have thought that.

Here's a video of a badass Turkish dude who sells ice cream. It's a better use of your time than my post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2f09JgbZW4

Nice impressions, and video.

It's definitely another game to keep an eye on for the winter sale. Though I find myself saying that too much recently.

CITY GUARD: "I used to be a Witcher like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee." (x1000)

It's been a while since I've heard the old arrow to the knee joke. Can't say I've missed it.

I loved that Luigi hums along to Luigi's Mansion's soundtrack. More games should include things like that.

Luigi's Mansion is so good. It's the small things like Luigi humming along that really adds to the atmosphere of the first game.

YEAH! It's officially my birthday today (woo July 16th) SteamGAF!

Happy birthday!

And Redline and Nujabes, good choices.

Mono

pePgovq.gif

You actually played Bat Rats?! Impressive!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I miss your real avatar Frost :(

I miss my real avatar also >_>

bronson

My GTX 480 finally died. Godspeed you blazing-hot bastard.

Bummer I won't be able to game for a while. All those Steam Sale games, lost like tears in rain.

yuraya

Ys Origin on nightmare mode is very intense. Got past the second boss....what a crazy fight. The music in this game is glorious. Gameplay is great as well. The game is just one big dose of euphoria. love it.

Wok

These codes should work fine.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Fly'n -- MB-E19AC63D1A86D698 - Taken by anastef
Fortix 2 -- MB-643D1E148235C4B2 - Taken by xeris
A New Beginning -- MB-2EC280E310906B3A - Taken by WinterDemons
Sugar Cube -- MB-10BDCDE44C6CC6DB - Taken by MTE

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It has been in two bundles
The Debut 9 bundle - IndieRoyale
Indie Bundle! - Groupees

Im 99.9% I have both of those, are both keys up or is indieroyale slacking as usual?

Deques

Im 99.9% I have both of those, are both keys up or is indieroyale slacking as usual?

Just checked on my groupees profile, there is no key there. But...

This is in fact a registration key you need to use when creating a Sky Nations account. Come the 17th it'll no longer be possible to retrieve Steak keys via the site for some bizarre reason, at which point e-mail will be the only option, so don't dilly-dally.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's no Steam key if that's what you're looking for. As I said in my giveaway post, you need to register on the Sky Nations website using the supplied key to retrieve your Steam key.

Edit: Speaking of which, my Sky Nations key is still available. To reiterate, it's a Steam key in a roundabout way as explained in the post, and there are no restrictions.

Hugstable

Banned
Get Magic 2015 so we can play.

If you're really interested in Magic, I have a good background in it and would be happy to co-op with you in some of the older titles (or the new one if you get it and it still has the tag-team battles) to teach you the basics and some more advanced tactics. Just let me know if you pick it up and want to play/learn or whatever.

Sweet, once I get it tomorrow after knowing how the boosters and collectiona work and play through the tutorial I'll be down if we can do those tag team battles. I won't learn or catch everything sometimes from the tutorial

Rhaknar

There's no Steam key if that's what you're looking for. As I said in my giveaway post, you need to register on the Sky Nations website using the supplied key to retrieve your Steam key.

You are as wise as the oldest Rainbow Lorikeet

*google -> australian animals

Monooboe

Anyone know how many TF2 keys Wolfenstein goes for? Missed it during the sale and now finally have the means to get it... but don't want to bee too much over the sale price.XD

JaseC

Anyone know how many TF2 keys Wolfenstein goes for? Missed it during the sale and now finally have the means to get it... but don't want to bee too much over the sale price.XD

Wolf14 is region-locked. Buy it from GMG using the -20% code if you absolutely want it now.

aku:jiki

Has there been any mentioning on how the deckbuilding for the "build your own deck mode" will be different from the 2014 version?

It better not be that lame ass "get x number of packs" and that's it system from 2014 where they only allowed you to buy more deck slots.
It's going to be something like that, though not exactly. Last year's was "sealed play", which is type of tournament play. This year's isn't supposed to be that, I think, but you can bet that there are going to be unique cards found only in boosters. These people are very well-versed in extracting money from customers.

I want to play! We should get some two-headed giant GAF action going.

tD19qql.gif

I miss your real avatar Frost :(

I miss my real avatar also >_>

How long are you stuck with your waifu?
And I have a "real" avatar?

Sweet, once I get it tomorrow after knowing how the boosters and collectiona work and play through the tutorial I'll be down if we can do those tag team battles. I won't learn or catch everything sometimes from the tutorial

Tutorial definitely won't teach you some of the sneakier strategies you can employ... what you can learn a lot from, and what my favorite part of the Magic games are, is the "puzzle" section. These tell you "you must do this (usually win the game), by the end of the turn." and they look impossible at first a lot of the time. Those will teach you new ways of combining cards and making uses of abilities.

Wolfenstein is region locked, so unless you're using a VPN (constantly?), you're pretty much boned and have to wait for it to hit $30 again. (There's a reason it's not given out like candy here, like Witcher 3 and Divinity are... :p)

It's going to be something like that, though not exactly. Last year's was "sealed play", which is type of tournament play. This year's isn't supposed to be that, I think, but you can bet that there are going to be unique cards found only in boosters. These people are very well-versed in extracting money from customers.

I want to play! We should get some two-headed giant GAF action going.

tD19qql.gif

Sure, man, sure.
I'm always open to competent tag team partners. :)

If you haven't added me, feel free to do so. :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Now I have to play Abyss Odyssey instead of finishing Killer is Dead or getting on with Divinity

Thanks,
drunk
Stump!

I'm surprised you haven't played the Souls games. How do you fancy Platinum games?

Knurek

All this talk about playing 2D games with an analog stick makes me want to hug my DualShock 2 even more.
That analog switch is lovely.
My other gamepad, Logitech F310 has the same feature, but its dpad is even worse than X360 one. :(
DS2 is the best wired 2D controller though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well this is lame, I just bought Saints Row IV in the recent Steam sale and none of the DLC. Now Deep Silver has released the Game of the Century Edition for Saints Row IV but I don't get a discount for already owning the base game and all of the DLC on its own is 75.76$. Deep Silver is pulling off a pretty decent impersonation of Bethesda. So now I'm just going to wait for another sale and see which ends up being cheaper, all of the DLC on its own or the GotC Edition. Probably going to be the GotC Edition, so I'll have to entries of Saints Row IV in my library?
Tried to warn y'all around summer sale. Guess you gotta learn the hard way. I did with Arkham City.

Also, I thought this version of SR4 was going to be $20. I passed up the game + all DLC for $22 because of that. Oh well, will probably still get a sale on it soon and won't have to enter individual keys for DLC.

Monooboe

Wolf14 is region-locked. Buy it from GMG using the -20% code if you absolutely want it now.

Wolfenstein is region locked, so unless you're using a VPN (constantly?), you're pretty much boned and have to wait for it to hit $30 again. (There's a reason it's not given out like candy here, like Witcher 3 and Divinity are... :p)

Aah, was eying Amazon as an alternative as they have quite good price on it and I tried looking into if that one also is region locked but didn't find that there would be different versions for US and EU excluding some countries. Anyone know if that's safe?:D

aku:jiki

Sure, man, sure.
I'm always open to competent tag team partners. :)

If you haven't added me, feel free to do so. :D
I don't know about competent, as my signature move is to make a play and then go "oh crap why did I just do that", but I do know the rules and I am vaguely aware of the stack.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to do some casual 4 player FFA, as it looks like we'd be two experienced players and two of the curious newbies in that case. That would probably be a good learning experience as long as we choose not to win in 5 turns (which I'm cool with, we usually drag out matches for fun when I play in real life). Any of the beginner players up for that?

2 more days, it was friday

and I mean your strider avatar
It is never going to go away. I have it on a hotkey.

CZm3sbp.png
CZm3sbp.png
CZm3sbp.png

Rhaknar

Edit: Speaking of which, my Sky Nations key is still available. To reiterate, it's a Steam key in a roundabout way as explained in the post, and there are no restrictions.

so i registered the key at the site and now what? will they email my steam key? because I cant find it on the dev site

JaseC

Aah, was eying Amazon as an alternative as they have quite good price on it and I tried looking into if that one also is region locked but didn't find that there would be different versions for US and EU excluding some countries. Anyone know if that's safe?:D

It is, unless you're in Germany.

oipic

Have played a ton of Magic 2014 (it's one of the precious titles that will run happily on my GPU-starved laptop), but some of the feedback from the iOS version of 2015 has me a little wary regarding unlocks/DLC etc.

Admittedly, the mobile-centric IAP thing may be handled a little differently from the PC release, but we'll soon see.

Will no doubt pick it up at some point, but still getting mileage out of 2014, so no rush, I guess - although the new deck building thing is obviously a great addition, at face value.

JaseC

so i registered the key at the site and now what? will they email my steam key? because I cant find it on the dev site

The key will be available via the site soon (there's no ETA on that just yet). Keep an eye on this post.

Edit: My Sky Nations key still hasn't been taken. Is having to register on another site/e-mail the developer really that much of a deterrent?

Rhaknar

The key will be available via the site soon (there's no ETA on that just yet). Keep an eye on this post.

oh ok, I thought you had yours already. Well, here's my spare if anyone wants it, register it at this site for a steam key eventually

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sky Nations -- MB-DB6F141E5D680715 - Taken by topyy

Arthea

Alpha Zylon is zkylon's game?
ya I know, not funny

about that Century Edition of Saints Row IV. Yet again it's not clear are all dlcs included in this game, and after last few times, I wouldn't be sure all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom