• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if this have been discussed in here (searched without results), but it seems like Opposing Force 2 Mod, an unofficial sequel to Opposing force, is due to release the next few days/next week.
Seems pretty cool and worth a try if you liked the first one, it requires Half-Life 2: Ep. 2 to play.

Opposing Force 2 Mod - Official Teaser

http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-force-2

Judging from the latest news post on the ModDB page it's not a playable release but rather a dump of everything on Github so any interested parties can continue the project. I mean, you'll probably be able to play what gets released, of course, but players don't seem to be the intended audience.

Judging from the latest news post on the ModDB page it's not a playable release but rather a dump of everything on Github so any interested parties can continue the project. I mean, you'll probably be able to play what gets released, of course, but players don't seem to be the intended audience.

Yeah I read that just now, missed that bit.
Too bad, had high hopes for it, oh well...

Dr Dogg

Well I managed to resist buying the Dark Souls II Season Pass (for now) despite seeing the first piece is out in a week and a few articles are popping up. Couldn't resist The Floor is Jelly or Octodad thought, well at least charlequin will be happy.

That's a great deal of acronyms dogg!

Hahaha. Yeah I can see that might be a bit hard to follow what the fucking I'm talking about there. Well just as long as Arthea knows what I'm chatting about.

By the way, anyone know what's going on with Steam?
Haven't been able to send gifts since last night.

ydNNQwo.png

Oh well, bummer for Yian I guess.

JaseC

By the way, anyone know what's going on with Steam?
Haven't been able to send gifts since last night.

ydNNQwo.png

Oh well, bummer for Yian I guess.

I helped 2 or 3 people out with Tomb Raider's JP DLC earlier today so I doubt it's a general issue. Can you send it via e-mail?

Zantar

Neo Member
FINALLY pulled the trigger and bought TW3 off russian traders for 8 keys :)

Redeemed fine so hopefully it stays that way! I sold some dota 2 items and ended up only paying ~7bucks out of pocket. So excited!

Coreda

FINALLY pulled the trigger and bought TW3 off russian traders for 8 keys :) Redeemed fine so hopefully it stays that way!

So it still activates, huh. Thought people were posting it no longer worked (maybe I'm getting mixed up with the brief region unlocked version?).

You can send it to me to solve the problem ^^

Haha oh you wish.

I helped 2 or 3 people out with Tomb Raider's JP DLC earlier today so I doubt it's a general issue. Can you send it via e-mail?

Same thing for me, trading and trade offers are working fine though.

Well that's messed up.
Tried mail too and it still gives off an error.
Guess I'll have to wait another day.

JaseC

So it still activates, huh. Thought people were posting it no longer worked (maybe I'm getting mixed up with the brief region unlocked version?).

The sub is basically broken at the moment, rendering it region-free even though it shouldn't be:

There appears to be some sort of issue with the sub as while it activates as the The Witcher 3 RU, Steam Community reports it as the ROW sub ("The Witcher 3"), so for the time being the game is still region-free.
If it were actually region-locked, the RU store page would reflect as much. The "Purchases made in ..." notice is added automatically upon ACRTAG being applied to a game's sub but here it's still absent. Presumably this will be fixed soon enough, however if you hurry then you'll be okay.

Well that's messed up.
Tried mail too and it still gives off an error.
Guess I'll have to wait another day.

If you want, you can trade it to me and then I can send it him to as a gift (assuming you can trade ;)).

yGray

Banned

The last i heard, some people were getting it activated under The Witcher 3 RU. Whatever that means.

Jadax

Well doesn't the Russian version have a different sub? So that would mean all copies bought before the change will not be region locked?

JaseC

Well doesn't the Russian version have a different sub? So that would mean all copies bought before the change will not be region locked?

Theoretically CDPR could also disable cross-region gifting/trading on the ROW sub as well, but I presume the RU sub was made as a compromise.

Zantar

Neo Member

Yeah it activated fine thankfully. I jumped in now because I read it still worked, and there's no way I'm paying $72AUD for it.

yGray

Banned
Theoretically CDPR could also disable cross-region gifting/trading on the ROW sub as well, but I presume the RU sub was made as a compromise.

What does it mean when it says RU? What does ROW stand for? what does sub mean?

Am I still speaking English?

JaseC

What does it mean when it says RU? What does ROW stand for? what does sub mean?

RU means the sub is specific to Russia and (generally) other Eastern European territories. ROW stands for rest-of-world and refers to all regions not covered by region-specific subs. A sub is the package/licence you purchase/activate that contains your desired game, any included DLC and the game data.

Am I still speaking English?

Sounds Irish. :p

MayMay

Banned
FINALLY pulled the trigger and bought TW3 off russian traders for 8 keys :)

Redeemed fine so hopefully it stays that way! I sold some dota 2 items and ended up only paying ~7bucks out of pocket. So excited!

Ill do that now.. I pray to god it still works.

Actually, mind pointing me into the right direction? I can only find ppl that sell for 9 keys :L

Edit: nvm, got it

Nzyme32

I really wondered "It cant be as bad as people make it out to be. Even if its a linear Thief, it would still be enjoyable...
I was wrong..."

So even if it goes for £3, I shouldn't bother? I usually trust totalbiscuit, and he seemed to think it wasn't too bad. However I'll trust GAF on this one since the response seems to unanimous

So even if it goes for £3, I shouldn't bother? I usually trust totalbiscuit, and he seemed to think it wasn't too bad. However I'll trust GAF on this one since the response seems to unanimous

I bought it for like 5€ and thought I should have better spent that money on a different game. The whole game just feels so tedious.

While you could plan how you want to play the game in the old Thief-games, in this its almost as there are just 2 ways to tackle the missions. I finished the first 3 missions and somehow I was really not having any fun.
And that the map is also really bad, doesnt help at all, as well as the constant loading between the city.

I still find it hard to believe that it can be that bad.

Its not that bad. Its just not any fun for me. I never had the feeling "Just this level." or "Wow. That is cool."
Everything felt more like a chore.

JaseC

I still find it hard to believe that it can be that bad.

If the game were $1 but instead you decided to give the dollar to a homeless man who then became enraged at what was really a rather empty gesture and proceeded to beat you senseless, that'd still be a dollar better spent.

Strider

Now that I've set up family share I actually have access to Thief. I feel the need to download it just to see if it's really that bad.

Jag

If you bought that to play, then I feel sorry for you; if you bought that just to have, then that's great.

D:OS pulled me away from my Thief playthrough. It's hard to go back to finish it and you are not making it any easier. I may just play Dishonored again instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom