• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Do not click on this link. It is a Class 10 Memetic Hazard which will cause hours of your life to disappear.

And if you do, under no circumstances should you
█████████
, otherwise it's possible for a
████
to remain in your cookies.

Milamber

█████████
████

But if you used Chrome's
█████████
mode then you are free from having
████
remain.

saunderez

█████████
████
Hahah I lost it when I uncovered the spoilers. So realistic. Every now and then I still try and uncover the redacted parts of the SCP reports out of habit.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For those who don't know what we're talking about, SCP is a user-based website designed to be a collection of scientific documents on unnatural things in the world, which are collected into a secret lab to study and contain.

The ideas and entries range from being very interesting, creepy, or unique, to very silly, stupid, or dumb.

SCP games became popular in 2012 starting with a game based on walking down stairs, known as SCP-087, which you can download here: http://www.otlgaming.com/post/18030758143/scp-087-aka-the-creepy-staircase-game-update

tumblr_lzrkh35v5p1rn4obco1_500.png

This game caught attention, and more people began making short little horror games based on the various SCP creations. However, the biggest and most well known is an on-going indie effort known as SCP: Containment Breach, which is the game with the blink meter saunderez is talking about, which you can play here: http://www.scpcbgame.com/

SCP: CB features various SCP's getting free, and you going through a randomly generated lab to try and escape the released horrors.

Do not click on this link. It is a Class 10 Memetic Hazard which will cause hours of your life to disappear.

█████████
████

But if you used Chrome's
█████████
mode then you are free from having
████
remain.

Oh my, though that does make me mention the community for SCP is pretty amazing. Lots of fantastic fan-made content for various SCPs, ranging from short films, games, art, stories, and more. It's silly dorky fun, but it is enjoyable for a horror dork like me.

I usually can't get into the mindset to properly immerse myself into horror games for one reason or another but that one really affected me. Couldn't even get to the moment, had to exit.

Yup, the SCP stairs game did a stupidly good job at making you oprresive with simple design, audio, and execution.

Ozium

My Best Friends – Cats & Dogs: Can this be real? Sure, because this is a pet care game where puppies and kittens can be taken care of and be given a lot of training as well. You are responsible for the sensitive upbringing of your pet: You decide on the food, the composition of training courses, the grooming and decorating.

Divius

Just picked up the Humble Bundle BTA, couldn't resist. Should have done it last night when it was 2 dollars cheaper >.<

Will give away Bioshock 1 + 2 when Modbot replies.

saunderez

How's that car mechanic simulator game, cars are like mechanical pets.
It's a pretty basic inspect, disassemble, reassemble game with some test driving and putting the car on the dyno. That sort of thing. Not a terrible game but I'm a sucker for simulators so what would I know.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
For the love of god, get Crimzon Clover.
It's a completely different type of game than Ikaruga is.
Treasure game is more of a puzzle one, with environmental hazards more akin to euroshmups, I'd say.
Crimzon Clover is pretty much a Cave game (Ketsui comes to mind) on speed.
It's the single best non-emulated shmup game available on PC.

This can't be said often enough!

Then I will crush your scores and hear the lamentation of your women.

Speaking of score crushing, your turn Knurek :)

tsVqYbo.png

still novice, I know

After reading TWAU's OT, I found out there's a Telltale Borderlands game. A story heavy Borderlands game with dialogue options, what?

Autofokus

After reading TWAU's OT, I found out there's a Telltale Borderlands game. A story heavy Borderlands game with dialogue options, what?

Borderlands does have a few interesting characters and setting, but it's a little bit like Diablo. Blizzard creating a massively detailed universe around it, but you don't get/see/experience any of that shit within the game (partially a problem of the genre).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That's what I meant.

Ah, are you for or against it? I don't see any particular reason why it wouldn't work. There's probably enough going on in that world that you could write any kind of story you wanted within it. Make it some sort of epic journey to discover something, or a spy-type infiltration, or whatever really. I suppose the series has played on the lots of guns and loot thing so far, but that doesn't mean there can't be more to it.

The-Bean

Has anyone got a spare copy of The Bureau from the Humble Bundle? I only have 71c in my PP account at the moment. Am willing to trade a ToD Ticket for it (worth 1/2 key). I'd just transfer some more over but it will take a few days and The Bureau is the only game I'm interested in / don't have.

That X-Ray stuff is just nasty. Don't know why people are so obsessed with seeing virtual characters die in the most excessively detailed way possible.

Surely if people were obsessed then they'd be demanding more of it. (Are they? If so, I haven't seen it). I think it's interesting, seeing what the bullet actually does.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, ModBot is running on my desktop right now because the VPS it was on is down, and I guess Microsoft released a patch for Windows last night and my machine automatically rebooted. Whoopsie. Anyway, back up.

Borderlands does have a few interesting characters and setting, but it's a little bit like Diablo. Blizzard creating a massively detailed universe around it, but you don't get/see/experience any of that shit within the game (partially a problem of the genre).

Ah, are you for or against it? I don't see any particular reason why it wouldn't work. There's probably enough going on in that world that you could write any kind of story you wanted within it. Make it some sort of epic journey to discover something, or a spy-type infiltration, or whatever really. I suppose the series has played on the lots of guns and loot thing so far, but that doesn't mean there can't be more to it.
I'm skeptical, while Borderlands does have enough stuff going on, it's never huge on choices and consequences. Honestly I don't know how well this would work, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Yrael

Cheers Stump. :) A few bundle leftovers for whoever wants them:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yrael, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Project Aftermath -- MB-7C1925637FF01677 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 2 entrants total.
Imperial Glory -- MB-58752CAB83189C24 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Praetorians -- MB-9D611C7E4C27AFCF - Taken by Newblade. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Project Aftermath was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Imperial Glory was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Praetorians was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404905448z1.png

Anyone know if you can "add money" to your humble bundle order? I.e. if I had put $10 initially, can I put another $10 later and get the $20 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom