• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if you can "add money" to your humble bundle order? I.e. if I had put $10 initially, can I put another $10 later and get the $20 games?

yes, how i dont know...they should give you instructions on the main page of the bundle...i have seen reference to allowing people to give more

aku:jiki

Has anyone got a spare copy of The Bureau from the Humble Bundle? I only have 71c in my PP account at the moment. Am willing to trade a ToD Ticket for it (worth 1/2 key). I'd just transfer some more over but it will take a few days and The Bureau is the only game I'm interested in / don't have.
I mean, I'm sure someone might help you but the bundle is still going to be active in a few days and The Bureau is going to still be $1 at that point.

Autofokus

I'm skeptical, while Borderlands does have enough stuff going on, it's never huge on choices and consequences. Honestly I don't know how well this would work, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

The choices and consequences stuff in TT games is only smoke & mirrors anyway. TT is smart in how to present your (missed) choices at the end of an episode, but they barely make any substantial difference.

The-Bean

I mean, I'm sure someone might help you but the bundle is still going to be active in a few days and The Bureau is going to still be $1 at that point.

Yeah but I'd like to get downloading it ASAP, with my current connection the download would take ages though.

saunderez

I'm relatively new to Steam. Made an account in February and already got 20 games. That's more than I ever imagined.
It starts that way. Then a few months later you're edging up to 1000 games and it's so hard to decide what you want to play that you no longer play anything. Welcome to the crew and have fun!

Divius

Won these two games yesterday on GAF, but decided to buy the HB myself anyway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock 2 -- MB-8C071EE5126835BC - Taken by StrongArmSteady. 6 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-A44F4C90ABF9C238 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1404906167z1.png

kudoboi

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kudoboi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bioshock -- MB-09472E5296DF3F4E - Taken by Dusk Golem
The Darkness II -- MB-BCE9B6C4809BE614 - Taken by Feel_The_Pain - Taken by tioslash

MadGear

Surely if people were obsessed then they'd be demanding more of it. (Are they? If so, I haven't seen it). I think it's interesting, seeing what the bullet actually does.

OK, once again my wording wasn't the best. But i just watched the Quick Look on this and Jeff was also enjoying each of these absurdly celebrated kills but personally i just don't get much enjoyment out of this :( Guess I'm just weird.

I think that is only the cherry on the top, game doesn't revolve around it

I have to admit, the game itself looks surprisingly good. Didn't expect this because i never heard anything good about the prequels.

saunderez

I'm at 195 games now.

I've played like 8 of them.
824 here. I play 1 game pretty much all the time (Rocksmith 2014). Though to be fair I've been trying really hard to play bits and pieces of my library and am currently on a EU4 kick. It's good to already have the games when I'm finally in the mood to play them.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I nabbed Bioshock for a friend (partially as I've been seeing a lot of unclaimed BioShock Giveaways probably as most here own it, so decided to put my hat in the ring as I don't think I'd be stealing it from anyone else), but thank you very much Kudo I'm very sure they'll appreciate it.

DarkMehm

Buy two bundles for 4-5$ and double that in minutes. :)

Yeah, I already got the Humbe Bundle yesterday. 6 games for 5$. That's awesome. Though, I don't want to end with 1000 games.

Is it worth to bring my Steam level to 8 for the next sale or should I just sell all my cards?

saunderez

Is it worth to bring my Steam level to 8 for the next sale or should I just sell all my cards?
I think so, mainly because if you want to craft badges, sale time is the best time to do so because of all the free cards. I went up 20 Steam levels during the last sale. Good times.

ironmang

Is Witcher 1 playable at all with a 360/PS3 controller? Having a hard time adjusting to KB/M for long sessions. I know Witcher 2 is supported which will be nice when I get there though.

kadab

Is Witcher 1 playable at all with a 360/PS3 controller? Having a hard time adjusting to KB/M for long sessions. I know Witcher 2 is supported which will be nice when I get there though.

no controller support. i think you could use something like Xpadder

redlacs

would have never guessed i'll be so much into hidden object games. the concept didnt look quite that appealing to me at first but now i just cant stop playing them. with open dictionary i must add, so it has definitely something to do with english not being my native language. its just been a while since a played something educational and had fun doing it. for example today i learned that "bow" can be also that suit accessory you can wear instead of tie. took me whole damn 20 minutes starring at the screen looking for anything that would resemble "bow, the weapon" (:) good times, will never forget meaning(s) of that word ever again

DarkMehm

Not natively and I don't think it works well with external software.

saunderez

no controller support. i think you could use something like Xpadder
Pinnacle Game Profiler is the shit for adding controller support to games that don't have it. Costs $5 or whatever but it's got tonnes of premade profiles and even more on the forums. Much easier to use than xpadder etc and has cool features like showing you the keymap when you launch a game. Definitely a worthy addition to your gamers toolbox IMO.

ironmang

Pinnacle Game Profiler is the shit for adding controller support to games that don't have it. Costs $5 or whatever but it's got tonnes of premade profiles and even more on the forums. Much easier to use than xpadder etc and has cool features like showing you the keymap when you launch a game. Definitely a worthy addition to your gamers toolbox IMO.

I actually came across the site when I searched but thought it looked like a scam site lol. Guess I'll give it a try though since they apparently have some premade profiles with thousands of downloads. Thanks.

kadab

cool thanks. didnt hear about that one

Jørdan

would have never guessed i'll be so much into hidden object games. the concept didnt look quite that appealing to me at first but now i just cant stop playing them.

The only one I've played and and enjoyed was Art Mogul, it's fabulous darling.

saunderez

I actually came across the site when I searched but thought it looked like a scam site lol. Guess I'll give it a try though since they apparently have some premade profiles with thousands of downloads. Thanks.
I don't remember how I got onto it but I'm glad I did. I own a few of the alternative programs but they're just a pain in the ass in comparison. Really impressive piece of software.

Now that I think about it, it allows you to select games from your Steam profile. No hunting around for the exe. Huzzah!

I'm skeptical, while Borderlands does have enough stuff going on, it's never huge on choices and consequences. Honestly I don't know how well this would work, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Neither is TellTale.

Honestly though, I'm interested. The world Gearbox created is interesting enough and hopefully TellTale can flesh out some sort of story other than the typical Vault stuff from Blands1/2.

few days = 2 weeks.

yes, how i dont know...they should give you instructions on the main page of the bundle...i have seen reference to allowing people to give more

if you go to your account and the actual key page, the top should say "like what we're doing? increase your contribution" or something like that.

Yrael

Praetorians is still available:

Project Aftermath -- MB-7C1925637FF01677 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 2 entrants total.
Imperial Glory -- MB-58752CAB83189C24 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Praetorians -- MB-9D611C7E4C27AFCF

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jørdan;120160558 said:
Just how hard is hard mode? Looking for a challenge of the non tedious kind.

Personally I find BioShock's hard mode pretty tedious, especially if you're planning on fighting the Big Daddys you run into. It's also a case where the game is exponentially harder in the first 2-3 hours than the rest of the game on hard, because you have relatively few combat resources and almost no money to get healed or buy medical kits.

Jørdan;120160558 said:
Just how hard is hard mode? Looking for a challenge of the non tedious kind.
Welllll, hard is perfectly playable if you have in fact played a lot of shooters. I made it through just fine but it was nowhere near a completionist run, there's some encounters in the second or third area that I had to run from because there was just no way to beat them with what I had.

Ideally you're turning off some of the helper text and icons via the game options menu too.

Edit: Agree with stump, who articulated the beginning frustration better.

Jadax

I'm fighting a serious urge to buy Sunless Sea, Gods will be Watching and Shovel Knight...

halp me GAF!! I have a large enough backlog without them as it is!

saunderez

I'm fighting a serious urge to buy Sunless Sea, Gods will be Watching and Shovel Knight...

Gods Will Be Watching ain't out yet, that always helps me resist the urge. You're on your own for the other 2 games though lol.

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Escape Goat -- MB-AAF3DA181F8D2ABA - Taken by MMBosstones86. 2 entrants total.
War Of the Human Tanks -- MB-534735A3AE33A3D5 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.

t1404908147z1.png

Buy a good meal and play an unplayed game you already own...... Every game will be cheap once more.

And again.

And again.

Forever.

Or just save the money for another day. Who knows what might happen to you.

tylerf

Well this sucks. Tried to fire up Deponia Complete but the game is broken from the very start. Can't move anywhere, he just stands there doing the moonwalk for all eternity.

edit: It does work on Mac though. Guess I'll just play it there, but kind of annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom