• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

I'm reading that there are a lot of other ways this version steps backwards from the 2014, for example, one review said it well:

It can be worked around, but only by changing your options so that you tap the land manually which can be quite cumbersome. Seems odd that they got this working so well in the 2014 version.
This is incorrect. The option in the menu is for auto-balancing land distribution in the deck, there is no option for turning off automatic mana handling. The game neglects to mention this, unless it's in a tutorial I skipped, but the button for selecting your mana, when necessary, is ctrl. Hold it and click the mana you want to use. Additionally, this never worked well in any previous DOTP. It was better in 2014 than it is in 2015, as they seem to have stumbled over some glitch, but it was never perfect and you always had to step in and make adjustments like this. Come on, it's day 1 for a PC game. They're going to patch that bug.

The big issue, if it even exists, is that you don't get to see the other premade decks after you make your initial choice. Unless you unlock the other premades through the campaign, I have absolutely no idea what the hell they're thinking there. This is supposed to be the beginner version of the game, so not allowing multiple premades so people can find their style is extremely strange.

Is anyone interested in the game Magicite?

If you are, tell me why.
A roguelite terraria sounds fun to me, but messing around so much with the menu to craft things seems cumbersome and boring in that context. It really should have a recipe hotkey system, or something, so you can quickly craft items you've already crafted if it's going to be a short one-life experience.

So, I want it, but in six months when it's hopefully a better game.

Speevy

Banned
Is gifting through steam not working? I can't seem to send a gift to someone. It tells me they can't initialize or something. I restarted steam, same thing.

Turfster

Is gifting through steam not working? I can't seem to send a gift to someone. It tells me they can't initialize or something. I restarted steam, same thing.

People seem to be having trouble with it today.
Straight up trades seem to be working, though.

Kifimbo

Giving this game again, because the previous winner already had it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Echo of the Wilds -- MB-FA005B9FDBD9D938 - Taken by Miker. 8 entrants total.

t1405546863z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-7C09D9F5190B5653 - Taken by Nyteshade517

Miletius

Bought Unrest on GMG. Price was too good to pass up for a game I'll probably pump to the front of my backlog.

Can't seem to use credit on really much anymore on GMG if you use a coupon it seems. Is this a new thing? Basically negates the use of credit at all if so, hopefully it's just for select deals.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bought Unrest on GMG. Price was too good to pass up for a game I'll probably pump to the front of my backlog.

Can't seem to use credit on really much anymore on GMG if you use a coupon it seems. Is this a new thing? Basically negates the use of credit at all if so, hopefully it's just for select deals.

its for everything and has been for a long time now

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Check the games forum section, the game is pretty dam buggy. And quite frankly, it feels like an IOS port.

The discussion section for that game is a good reminder of why I don't post on the Steam forums.

Deer God (Kickstarter Game) has been funded, now it just needs to outdo Rock Simulator to pass through Greenlight.

Good to see that this game was successfully funded, it looks really promising.

what is Vlad The Impaler? some sort of VN? I like the look at least

It looks more like a point and click adventure game than a VN, still looks interesting though.

"Undies only mode."

Said it before, but the Steam discussion forum for this game is going to be something else.

dot

butts
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-F51A64C82D7FF785 - Taken by freshVeggie
ReignMaker -- MB-223C2AD0CF5E10A4 - Taken by adriano999
International Snooker -- MB-50E035D4D0BC5581 - Taken by redlacs
Paranautical Activity -- MB-CB3F2B1CBD148309

t1405557243z1.png

Is anyone interested in the game Magicite?

If you are, tell me why.

I enjoy 2d platformer games and really enjoyed Spelunky even though I didn't get very good at it. And the resource mining and crafting reminds me of Terraria/Starbound. I never built much in those games, but i enjoyed building up my character to kill enemies and bosses. It is fun fighting big bosses with friends! I hope that the game is successful and they add as much stuff as Terraria did despite not being in Early Access anymore.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
sounds erotic

Otherwise known as Vlad Tepes. His mystique and the claims of his enemies that he imbibed human blood was used as a template for Dracula.

I'm not going to describe the intricacies of what impaling actually entailed for his supposed enemies.

Speevy

Banned
I enjoy 2d platformer games and really enjoyed Spelunky even though I didn't get very good at it. And the resource mining and crafting reminds me of Terraria/Starbound. I never built much in those games, but i enjoyed building up my character to kill enemies and bosses. It is fun fighting big bosses with friends! I hope that the game is successful and they add as much stuff as Terraria did despite not being in Early Access anymore.

What's your steam id?

Miletius

its for everything and has been for a long time now

That's junk. I guess I don't use GMG often enough to notice. I guess at some point it'll come time where credit outweighs the discount I'll get and I'll want it, but somehow I kind of get the feeling that might be a while.

Blizzard

Banned
Urm... Hearthstone isn't pay 2 win. Lol. I play it a lot and I've beat tons of people that buy packs.

The game looks good! Is it really like megaman though? I haven't looked into it that much yet.
Super late reply, but the thread moves quickly:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge is very vaguely like Megaman in that it's a sidescroller where you get switchable powers. You can throw a fireball and deplete a Megaman-style vertical magic meter for example. However, the magic meter is shared for all special abilities instead of being unique to each one.

The actual level design can be a bit maze-like and reminds me of a simpler version of the GB/GBA/DS Warioland games. There are areas you have to go back to once you get new powers, and exploring an area to beat the boss may end up being more like a Metroid game with some branches than a purely linear Megaman.

dot

Super late reply, but the thread moves quickly:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge is very vaguely like Megaman in that it's a sidescroller where you get switchable powers. You can throw a fireball and deplete a Megaman-style vertical magic meter for example. However, the magic meter is shared for all special abilities instead of being unique to each one.

The actual level design can be a bit maze-like and reminds me of a simpler version of the GB/GBA/DS Warioland games. There are areas you have to go back to once you get new powers, and exploring an area to beat the boss may end up being more like a Metroid game with some branches than a purely linear Megaman.

Ah, so it's a metroidvania sprinkled with a little bit of megaman. Gotcha.

What's the best pool game on Steam?

This reminds me that i still need a pool game on steam.

EDIT: Welp, i just found out i have Pool Nation. It's finally happening isn't it? I'm forgetting what games i have..

Enco

Playing Darksiders 2 makes me wish we had a Dark Souls esque game in the same style and engine.

Dark Souls without the jank would be great.

Dr Dogg

Well after much shouting, swearing and getting really fucked off I've finished The Floor is Jelly. Way better than I thought it would be and towards the end got ridiculous hard if you're not paying attention (Stump if you think your PC has trouble playing it when things are quite peaceful the last two sections are quite crazy). It's a tad late to give any thorough impressions (I'll get something up for the weekend) but surprisingly reminded me of bit of FEZ, Journey and Super Meat Boy with a dash of Thomas Was Alone. But it has something else up its sleeve in how the physics and platforming combine and at times makes you think a lot more than you standard platformer.

What's the best pool game on Steam?

Well Virtual Pool 4 is on Greenlight which looks like it's carrying on the legacy of 1 & 2 from way back when in the 90's. There's also International Snooker which has UK 8 ball and US 9 ball (I think they're just there as mini games). Pool Nation is fully fledge but looks a bit meh to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom