• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
had a blast with Abyss Odyssey today for a couple of hours. It reminds me of the Rogue Legacy rpg-ish take on action platformer/rogue-like, i.e. random generated levels, you get to keep gold and character build/XP-level when you die, but you'll lose progress and equipment.

Mix that with a stylish and intricate combat system, and elements from Dark Souls (human/hollow->reverse hollow-concept etc), and the outcome is a game I know I'll be playing for quite some time.

this is game development hautes cuisine guys, don't miss out

x9yguMv.png

Someone keep tabs on me for this, but this announcement made me so happy, i'm buying two copies, one to giveaway on launch day for GAF, and one for me. It may not be a modbot though, i might get creative. (Serious life event notwithstanding)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I can see this will be popular :p

Not really interested in these sort of games but I also haven't tried them... but Hatoful Boyfriend and the Alpaca one look so bloody hilarious, I'll probably have to buy them

The thought of Paca Plus getting cards to craft an alpaca face badge is truly the best thought I've ever experienced.

gTVQwUb.png

This face as a badge=best Steam badge.

Evrain

Yugioh made good games without this.
For some reason, I always preferred the Duel Monsters CCG, due to how it is more streamlined for the beginner and yet complex enough to field advanced strategies. Never managed to completely get into Magic - real world, that is

Volimar

For some reason, I always preferred the Duel Monsters CCG, due to how it is more streamlined for the beginner and yet complex enough to field advanced strategies. Never managed to completely get into Magic - real world, that is

I loved my cyber dragon deck.

Ezalc

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Went out today with the parents to a nice lunch and got some new clothes as a present, feelin' fresh. What's the current SteamGAF topic?

Dr Dogg

Ok Octodad: Dadliest Catch is freaking hilarious. I get the feeling the controls are intentionally a pain in the arse as I feel I'm roll-playing as a 8 left handed octopus. Even something as simple as pouring your daughter some milk turns to carnage when the whirling dervish that is Octodad is on the case. I can't stop laughing it's just too silly and I've got to grill some burgers next. I'll surprised if I don't set the house on fire.

Arthea

what's with steam today, it totally feels like playing WoW on dial up.

Ok Octodad: Dadliest Catch is freaking hilarious. I get the feeling the controls are intentionally a pain in the arse as I get the feeling I'm roll-playing as a 8 left handed octopus. Even something as simple as pouring your daughter some milk turns to carnage when the whirling dervish that is Octodad is on the case. I can't stop laughing it's just too silly and I've got to grill some burgers next. I'll surprised if I don't set the house on fire.

Dr Dogg
Setting houses on fire, one at the time

sorry I had to (><)

Our most anticipated Pigeon Dating Simulator will have Steam Cards is the current buzz.

so there will be cards, after all, now I can rest easy, all is well in the world.

dot

The thought of Paca Plus getting cards to craft an alpaca face badge is truly the best thought I've ever experienced.

gTVQwUb.png

Oh man, you know i'll be crafting that asap.

All this talk about TCG made me wish Konami would bring some YGO games over to steam. Don't they want money?!

Arthea

Oh man, you know i'll be crafting that asap.

All this talk about TCG made me wish Konami would bring some YGO games over to steam. Don't they want money?!

Konami don't want our filthy money, for a longest time already, where have you been all this time?

Ok Octodad: Dadliest Catch is freaking hilarious. I get the feeling the controls are intentionally a pain in the arse as I get the feeling I'm roll-playing as a 8 left handed octopus. Even something as simple as pouring your daughter some milk turns to carnage when the whirling dervish that is Octodad is on the case. I can't stop laughing it's just too silly and I've got to grill some burgers next. I'll surprised if I don't set the house on fire.

I liked Octodad because I could hand the controller to my wife who rarely games and watch her laugh for hours failing to do the simplest things with that "control" scheme

Dr Dogg

Dr Dogg
Setting houses on fire, one at the time

sorry I had to (><)

Hahaha well the house survived though I did almost spark out Octodad's son because I smacked him in the head with his burger. Stupid unmanageable tentacles. Never mind it's grocery shopping next, I mean what could possibly go wrong?

I liked Octodad because I could hand the controller to my wife who rarely games and watch her laugh for hours failing to do the simplest things with that "control" scheme

It reminds me of that silly game kids used to play where one person stands behind the other while the person in front has their arms folded behind their back and the person behind puts their arms through the others. Then the person in front gives direction to the person behind to try and do every day tasks. You can see what you want to interact with, you know what you want to do but it's just close to impossible to have any sense of precision.Still it's making me laugh nonetheless.

L.O.R.D

i know if i wont mod bit to make a giveaway, i must give him the keys
what about if i don't have the keys, only humble bundle link
i have link for several humble bundle but i don't wont to give it all in one shot

Kanokare

Slightly off topic, but EVGA has an event going on again. It's not a referral link :) They have 4 events there and one easy one on the front page for PrecisionX 15. I've already got my Shadowplay submission in from one of our SteamGAF CS GO games! Probably won't win but I love it either way. So yeah, gonna put some CS GO time on their servers later on. Maybe some L4D2 games as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJUJJ2Hf9BA

Aw yeshhh. My video finally showed up on the /shadowplay entry page. Sign up peoples! I want to see some GAFers in their servers these next few weeks :)

Nzyme32

gTVQwUb.png

You just know that this is going to be the next hoarded community item along with the cards, like the apple ear buds were back in the day. People will then price them up and use them as currency. Then it will escalate into a true monetary form as Steam takes over the world...

...Doge coin has had its time

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
God damn it, another drive in the server RAID array is dying and giving hard I/O errors.
Meh.

Thank god for hot spares, right? right?

Which game is this? Reminds me of Tomb Raider 1. Actual tombs.
Aw yeshhh. My video finally showed up on the /shadowplay entry page. Sign up peoples! I want to see some GAFers in their servers these next few weeks :)
Yep, gonna enter too. Just need to have that special moment. Probably L4D2.
Would have been better if you could enter ~3 videos. Oh well.
Did you also enter the scavenge hunt?

Hey I'm looking at a 4 pack of Magicite over here. Seems to run about 1 key per copy if I can find 1-2 more people who are interested, according to the wise and helpful Russian bear.
Sorted.

Ok Octodad: Dadliest Catch is freaking hilarious. I get the feeling the controls are intentionally a pain in the arse as I feel I'm roll-playing as a 8 left handed octopus. Even something as simple as pouring your daughter some milk turns to carnage when the whirling dervish that is Octodad is on the case. I can't stop laughing it's just too silly and I've got to grill some burgers next. I'll surprised if I don't set the house on fire.

I've been saying this since I played it.
I did post that webm of Octodad putting the pirhana in the microwave and turning it on... I suppose nobody was paying attention though.

The game made me laugh so hard while I was playing it, unlike my experience with Surgeon Simulator 2013 where I get frustrated by the controls and my inability to make them work precisely.

liezryou

Whoa. Double post? How does that happen?

I guess this thread isn't moving as fast as people liked to post about earlier anymore...

Well i mean i did say it was just the post summer sale stragglers, and eventually we'd move down to a slow pace again. But did anyone listen, NOOOOOPE

Beelzebubs

I'm still here!

On another note...
---
Looking for moderators/facilitators for NeoGAF's Games Night group.

To apply, do not reply in this thread. Reply to the thread in the link above.

Have three so far but we're all based in NA. Would love some EuroGAF facilitators!

I might randomly set some stuff up if you need. I'm English but my work time varies depending on how much I get done in a day so not going to be the best for planning. So not applying, just saying I can help out on occasion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom