• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speaking of Unrest, the Special Edition is still $12 on GMG. This can be reduced further to $9.59 (effectively a ~62% discount) using the -20% code P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9.

strangely, at least for me the special edition is cheaper on GMG, but the normal version is cheaper on Steam (well, not counting the voucher)

what is this game anyway and why is everyone Turf Gravelord_Nito-ing it? (yes, to Gravelord_Nito something is now a term)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, those days are well and truly gone now, unsurprisingly. I have $1.78 sitting in my account that I'll likely never use now.

The slowing down of Playfire rewards sort of sucks in general too. I mean, we know that some people abused the system and it must have been a huge drain to hand out all of that money, but that was a great system to save money with, especially since it made me play games.

what is this game anyway and why is everyone Turf Gravelord_Nito-ing it? (yes, to Gravelord_Nito something is now a term)

Shamelessly copying and pasting from the June recommendation I made:

An adventure RPG set in a fantasy version of ancient India, Unrest is a game that looks fairly interesting. Players see the game's narrative through the perspective of four characters from diverse backgrounds, and every person in the game's world will have their own opinions of each character thanks to the complex conversation system in place. The choices you make matter, influencing the reactive narrative even if one character dies, or if another simply gives up on their goals. Combat is "based on the fencing simulation of Sid Meier's Pirates!" according to the developers, but combat is always personal, and is entirely avoidable; you will always know who you are fighting and why you are fighting them. Plus the game has full mod support if that's something that interests you. Unrest seems like a game with a lot of potential if it fully delivers on everything it promises.

The slowing down of Playfire rewards sort of sucks in general too. I mean, we know that some people abused the system and it must have been a huge drain to hand out all of that money, but that was a great system to save money with, especially since it made me play games.
They take away the credits and ban users who abused the system AFAIK.

Mono

As expected, Woodle Tree Adventures (that game that was free a couple of days ago!) is pretty bad!

It's cute and I like the premise, but it feels like it's in pre-alpha. I've fallen through the map three times in the last 15 or so minutes, animations get stuck; most things about the gameplay are terrible and unpolished.

The camera makes it pretty much unplayable.

yuraya

GMG/Playfire has been doo doo in recent weeks. I used to enjoy looking forward to all the new rewards and head2heads. but now seems like they are slowing down big time. Can't even use coupons with credit. oh well I guess it was fun while it lasted.

Thinking about starting Divinity: OS over again for the third time, thinking of a wizard and marksman (rogue?) team this time, I'm not feeling CQC in this game at all, especially with movement taking action points.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As expected, Woodle Tree Adventures (that game that was free a couple of days ago!) is pretty bad!

It's cute and I like the premise, but it feels like it's in pre-alpha. I've fallen through the map three times in the last 15 or so minutes, animations get stuck; most things about the gameplay are terrible and unpolished.

The protagonist brings to mind ilomilo... speaking of which, I wish MS would bring ilomilo+ to Steam already. I can't imagine it's sold well as a WinStore exclusive.

Speaking of which, I bought stupid amounts of games with Playfire credit.

100% Orange Juice - $4.72 (w/ $4.72 GMG credit)
3 Stars of Destiny - $1.89 (w/ $1.89 GMG credit)
Aliens Vs. Predator - $4.99 (w/ $4.99 GMG credit)
Anachronox - $1.74 (w/ $1.74 GMG credit)
Avencast: Rise of the Mage - $0.00 (GMG promo)
Awesomenauts - $2.72 (w/ $2.72 GMG credit - price error; charged $0.50)
The Ball - $2.49 (w/ $2.49 GMG credit)
The Basement Collection - $0.80 (w/ $0.80 GMG credit)
Batman Arkham Origins - $8.00 (w/ $8.00 GMG credit)
Batman Arkham Origins: Season Pass - $4.00 (w/ $4.00 GMG credit)
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate: Deluxe - $16.00 (w/ $16.00 GMG credit)
Bob Came in Pieces - $1.62 (w/ $1.62 GMG credit)
Bone Complete Bundle - $2.49 (w/ $2.49 GMG credit)
The Bridge - $2.49 (w/ $2.49 GMG credit)
The Bureau: X-COM Declassified - $4.99 (w/ $4.99 GMG credit)
The Bureau: X-COM Declassified Plasma Pistol DLC - $0.48 (w/ $0.48 GMG credit)
Castle of Illusion - $3.74 (w/ $3.74 GMG credit)
Chester (Capsule) - $0.99 (w/ $0.99 GMG credit)
Chuck's Challenge 3D - $4.00 (w/ $4.00 GMG credit)
Company of Heroes - $1.49 (w/ $1.49 GMG credit)
The Darkness 2 - $5.09 (w/ $5.09 GMG credit)
Dark Void - $1.24 (w/ $1.24 GMG credit)
Dark Void Zero - $1.24 (w/ $1.24 GMG credit)
DLC Quest - $0.60 (w/ $0.60 GMG credit)
Doom 3: BFG Edition - $4.00 (w/ $4.00 GMG credit - price error; charged $3.30)
Ducktales Remastered - $3.98 (w/ $3.98 GMG credit)
Duke Nukem - $0.50 (w/ $0.50 GMG credit)
Duke Nukem 2 - $0.50 (w/ $0.50 GMG credit)
Dungeon Siege Bundle - $7.74 (w/ $7.24 GMG credit)
Dwarfs!? - $2.49 (w/ $2.49 GMG credit)
Goat Simulator - $7.80 (w/ $7.80 GMG credit)
Gun Monkeys - $1.20 (w/ $1.20 GMG credit)
The Harvest - $0.84 (w/ $0.84 GMG credit)
Jet Set Radio - $0.00 (GMG promo w/ purchase of Sega game)
Just Cause Pack - $4.84 (w/ $4.39 GMG credit)
Legacy of Kain Pack - $4.19 (w/ $4.19 GMG credit)
Magicka Peculiar Gadgets Pack - $0.49 (w/ $0.49 GMG credit)
Millennium - A New Hope - $1.79 (w/ $1.79 GMG credit)
Nights into Dreams HD - $2.49 (w/ $2.49 GMG credit)
Poker Night at the Inventory - $1.00 (w/ $1.00 GMG credit)
Project Snowblind - $1.19 (w/ $1.19 GMG credit)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - $2.00 (w/ $2.00 GMG credit)
Rome: Total War - $0.00 (GMG promo w/ purchase of Sega game)
Rush Bros. - $0.00 (GMG promo)
Sanctum 2 - $3.00 (w/ $3.00 GMG credit)
Sega Megadrive Collection Series 4 - $1.87 (w/ $1.87 GMG credit)
Sega Megadrive Collection Series 5 - $1.87 (w/ $1.87 GMG credit)
Skyward Collapse - $1.24 (w/ $1.24 GMG credit)
Skyward Collapse Nihon No Mura DLC - $0.74 (w/ $0.74 GMG credit)
Star Trek: The Video Game - $3.74 (w/ $3.72 GMG credit)
State of Decay - $4.99 (w/ $4.99 GMG credit)
State of Decay Breakdown DLC - $1.74 (w/ $1.74 GMG credit)
Super Meat Boy - $3.00 (w/ $3.00 GMG credit)
Super Sanctum TD - $0.00 (GMG promo)
They Bleed Pixels - $2.49 (w/ $2.49 GMG credit)
Telltale Texas Hold'em - $0.74 (w/ $0.74 GMG credit)
Tidalis - $1.24 (w/ $1.24 GMG credit)
Worms Crazy Golf - $2.00 (w/ $2.00 GMG credit)

I regret nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I only have the "play for the first time" rewards (and only started recently) so I dont have much credit, I was saving up for free Ultra SF4 upgrade, I was close too but then got free Godus when it went 75% and now Im back down to like 8.30€ credit or something. Kinda want to use it on something and never think about it again since like you guys said, its virtually useless if you cant use with vouchers, especially when I use it all and it goes baclk to zero

gamersgate blue coins are the same shit since you cant use them as discounts, only as a full purchase. Ive been trying to get rid of them recently, got 400 days for some gaffer, I forget who (sorry dude lol) when it was like 1€ or something,and then got Summoner for 1.50€ i think the other day, still have some left but as usual, barely enough for anything

dot

I've fallen through the map three times in the last 15 or so minutes.

That sounds hilarious.

Maybe that's supposed to happen? Ever thought about that Momo?!

Speaking of playfire rewards, anyone on my friendlist wanna help me get the Lara Croft coop rewards? I want my credit.

wilflare

Ehhhh really? There's a Singapore BF4 map?

It's US geography fails all over again. Singapore is part of China.

And all our billboards are either english or multilingual lol

yeap. it's right there in the Campaign.
"pass thru the Singapore Strait"
well they have MBS and some weird bridge that I don't recognise.. but still lol.

Implementing bugs was more important than geographical accuracy. :p

the thing is... the last thing Singaporeans need when they go to US is meeting Americans who go "eh... isn't Singapore part of China?" and another guy follows-up "yea man.. I played BF4 and they showed it as part of China with all those Chinese boards and stuff"

I went on a student exchange to Wisconsin... and yea :p even college students make that mistake.. Best part was the quizzed look and the question "everyone speaks English in Singapore?"

Sarcasm

Everybody I know when I say I live in Taiwan do stuff like this, even minutes later after letting them know.

So how is the weather in Thailand?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
gamersgate blue coins are the same shit since you cant use them as discounts, only as a full purchase. Ive been trying to get rid of them recently, got 400 days for some gaffer, I forget who (sorry dude lol) when it was like 1€ or something,and then got Summoner for 1.50€ i think the other day, still have some left but as usual, barely enough for anything

I won't be shocked if GMG eventually borrows the expiration date idea from GamersGate's Blue Coins system. "Use your credit before it's gone forever!"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

From everything I've seen of it, it sort of reminds me of Super Mario 3D Land, honestly. Which isn't a really good thing but that's for another thread

Speaking of which, I bought stupid amounts of games with Playfire credit.

I regret nothing.

I think I only bought Always Sometimes Monsters and 99 Spirits (right before it was bundled), along with partially funded a Starbound giveaway with Playfire credit. Still, it did make those purchases cheaper.

Does anything sell well on the WinStore for that matter?

I guess that Halo Spartan Assault sold about twenty copies on PC before it came to Steam.

Mono

That sounds hilarious.

Maybe that's supposed to happen? Ever thought about that Momo?!

Lol! Features, not glitches! \o/

In other news I just started up Guacamelee and it's amazing. The text window sound is very Zelda-esque, so I was kind of disappointed when brutally punching every single chicken in that one house didn't kill me. :(

I have just over $20 left in my playfire/gmg account. Still waiting for something awesome to come along. Had to spend $5.09 on Car Mechanic yesterday! Not regretting it though, the game is bizarrely awesome, just replaced the entire front left suspension on a totally not a Ford Mustang but really really looks like one for trademark reasons.

Is Red Solstice any good? Single-player or just multi-player?

Shadownet

Banned
Lol where you been?

DestinyGAF. Admin duties. Since Beta launch tomorrow. I'm pretty exhausted, all I wanna do is play Payday 2 but I'm stuck here accepting members and dealing with Bungie being stubborn. They set the clan size to 75 each for PS/Xbox clan...

DestinyGAF has over 1200+ members. its ridiculous. They won't raise the limit either.

I think I only bought Always Sometimes Monsters and 99 Spirits (right before it was bundled), along with partially funded a Starbound giveaway with Playfire credit. Still, it did make those purchases cheaper.

Mm-hmm. I've spent $40 or so on the store as well (which is likely the reason why my GMG account wasn't banned along with my Playfire account), but it was often easier just to use store credit. Made it a lot easier to justify a couple of bigger purchases (like the newer Arkham games) that I probably wouldn't have purchased otherwise.

Hugstable

Banned
DestinyGAF. Admin duties. Since Beta launch tomorrow. I'm pretty exhausted, all I wanna do is play Payday 2 but I'm stuck here accepting members and dealing with Bungie being stubborn. They set the clan size to 75 each for PS/Xbox clan...

DestinyGAF has over 1200+ members. its ridiculous. They won't raise the limit either.

Oh damn thats alot of people. Beta is gonns be huge though, over 1200 members in a gaf clan god damn haha

Jawmuncher

I finally got MG copy of Dark Souls 2.....on ps3. Bought it ages ago but just now got it. Not sure if I should play it there or hold out for the PC version. I kinda wanna play it this year so I can have a actual GOTY contender.

We can play some Payday 2 this evening. At least maybe something could light up my mood for my birthday... Nothing else to do today.
Would be my first PD2 game though.

NEO0MJ

Really tempted to pick up Strider. How is it on PC?

I finally got MG copy of Dark Souls 2.....on ps3. Bought it ages ago but just now got it. Not sure if I should play it there or hold out for the PC version. I kinda wanna play it this year so I can have a actual GOTY contender.

Don't play it on PS3, trust me. My lil bro played it on PS3 and comparing it to the PC version is like night and day. Aside from looking better the PC version plays so much better thanks to 60 FPS. The PS3 version is both sub 720P and sub 30FPS.

Jawmuncher

Don't play it on PS3, trust me. My lil bro played it on PS3 and comparing it to the PC version is like night and day. Aside from looking better the PC version plays so much better thanks to 60 FPS. The PS3 version is both sub 720P and sub 30FPS.

Yeah I know its nothing compared to the PC version. I'd have bought it by now if my GMG credit worked on it with a voucher. Or if the base price was 39.99 now.
Only reason I'm even tempted is because I never played DS1 on PC yet. I might just play that to hold my appetite since I need to do the DLC there.

so i want to buy FF14, but ti's not available here in Korea for steam.

is there a way i can make it so that steam thinks i'm in the US?

Can I use VPN to buy game, then disconnect VPN to download?

Shadownet

Banned
Right now I still need to work. Would be home in about 4 hours, though Im not sure if thats already sleep time in your timezone.

Yeah i'll be asleep by then. No worry. another time. Happy Birthday Chuck :) I'm going to write your birthday down. I don't wanna miss it again. Gotta be prepared for next year ;)

Blowing off steam with a Steam game sounds counter-productive. :p

Irony, thats how Gaben gets us under his spell.

"got upset? blow off some steam by playing steam games! (especially a game where Sam Fisher can knock you on your butt with 1 kick."

Rhaknar

I heard that during stormy nights, if you ask about Strider on Steamgaf 3 times, the angry spirit of Corrosivefrost appears and eats your toes

he also says that game is made by hitler and everytime you play it a puppy dies

Just as terrible as it is on every other platform.

see?

So with QuakeCon starting up today, we're all going to be reinstalling Doom, Quake and Hexen/Heretic with the proper source ports and Dice's favorite enhanced MIDI instrument suite right?

I might carve out some time to run through Hexen 2 again. I was damn near mesmerized the whole way through when I loaded that up out of the blue last year.

aw man Quakecon starts today? that means weekend madness is just going to be id bullshit for the 100th time. Oh well, maybe Wolfenstein gets 50% again at least (or more)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So with QuakeCon starting up today, we're all going to be reinstalling Doom, Quake and Hexen/Heretic with the proper source ports and Dice's favorite enhanced MIDI instrument suite right?

I might carve out some time to run through Hexen 2 again. I was damn near mesmerized the whole way through when I loaded that up out of the blue last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom